Has anybody else been suffering with this problem, my Mrs Q10 is playing up, when ever she has somebody calling her her screen stays black and she has to press the top button to be able to see who it is, it also does the same when she's making a call, as soon as she has out the number on and as soon as it starts ringing the screen will go black again and she can only see who and what's on the screen is by pressing the top button, aby. Feedback would be grateful.

Posted via CB10
    07-18-13 12:54 PM
    Try to restore to factory settings in Link.
    07-18-13 12:59 PM
    Has anybody else been suffering with this problem, my Mrs Q10 is playing up, when ever she has somebody calling her her screen stays black and she has to press the top button to be able to see who it is, it also does the same when she's making a call, as soon as she has out the number on and as soon as it starts ringing the screen will go black again and she can only see who and what's on the screen is by pressing the top button, aby. Feedback would be grateful.

Posted via CB10
    What OS is the device running?
    07-18-13 01:00 PM
    It was doing it on the last official os update, put one of the less onto her Q10 and it's still doing it.

Posted via CB10
    07-18-13 05:00 PM
    Sorry put one of the last leaks onto her phone that should of said.

Posted via CB10
    07-18-13 05:01 PM
    this is a common samsung galaxy s2 problem, it may not be the same as the Q10 but for the samsung phone its usually a problem with the proximity sensor (which on android can most of the time be recalibrated), fingerprints/smudges/ screen dirt blocking the sensor or the operating system is corrupted

also a long shot but is she using an o2 or giffgaff sim card? (uk networks) my mum had to replace her sim because it caused the same issues as your OP)
    07-18-13 05:07 PM
    Mine kinda does this periodically. It's not happened on an outgoing call but if I kinda touch the screen without answering it, it goes black. Simply tap the screen again to bring it back up.

Posted via CB10
    07-18-13 06:29 PM
    I had this before, I just rested the device and it was fine.

Posted via CB10 with my BlackBerry Q10
    07-18-13 06:43 PM
    I am having the problem too. Very frustrating. I called Verizon and the never heard this complaint and blackberry customer service or course doesn't exist

Posted via CB10
    07-18-13 11:10 PM
    I'm on 10.1.4543 on VZW. I was on Tmobile also, and had the same problem.

It seems like it never gets solved no matter what version it is.

My worst concern is when device is "in a call", try doing anything (keep moving!), multitasking, this annoying blackout happens. Very upset, hope this gets fixed asap, contradicts rhe keep moving moto.

Posted via CB10
    07-18-13 11:21 PM
    WOW. I did some research and found the problem, and BlackBerry needs to fix this ASAP.

There is a thing on your phone that is a proximity sensor, when it senses something in front of the screen, it locks the screen, this is usually a protection that your ear should not dial buttons while talking on the phone.

I tried putting my hands like 2 inches from the screen (of course you must be in a call, and not speakerphone), the sensor turns ON.

Here is where the problem is. The sensor detects hands sitting on top of the device, it's very sensitive. Once you know about this issue, you'll train yourself how to deal with it. It's definitely a problem, that needs adjustment.

Posted via CB10
    07-18-13 11:35 PM

Posted via CB10
    I had the same problem, by any chance do you have a screen protector on?

I installed one that started messing with the sensor. I removed it and problem stopped. I used a different brand and had no issues.

So it's most likely the screen protector (if you have on installed that is)

Posted via CB10
    07-18-13 11:40 PM
    Yh she has a mirror screen guard on at the moment, but when she had just a normal one in it wasn't doing what it's doing now, gona take it of and put a normal one back on tomorrow and see how her Q10 goes, thanks for your help my Crackberry family.

Posted via CB10
    07-19-13 04:30 PM
    Just to let everybody know that it was cos of the mirror screen guard that she had on the phone thanks all.

Posted via CB10
    07-20-13 04:37 AM
    Same problem here. Even when getting a call while on the phone. The phone stays blank. I just hit one of the number keys and it comes right back on.
    07-20-13 08:27 AM
    Mine "last OS" did this I just installed latest last night so not sure if it corrected.

Mine would go black and even flicker on and off. I would hit the lock button on top while in can and the problem would go away!

Posted via CB Q-10
    07-20-13 09:10 AM
    A few weeks ago when I initially put on my screen protector..i had the same issue and then it went away by itself after a few hrs.

Posted via CB10 with my BlackBerry Q10
    07-20-13 09:23 AM
    It's funny how your wife doesn't like this behavior but I have actually been trying to MAKE my phone behave this way.

I don't like it when phone calls interrupt my life... I wish I could put my phone in a mode where it can't even receive phone calls but still could receives txts...

Does anyone know how I can reproduce the behavior described by the original poster?

Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    11-20-13 05:16 PM