I have had my fair share of phones (I do believe I post on this forum because I have the same phone hobby as everyone else lol). I have had the Bold 9780, Bold 9930, Galaxy SII, iPhone 4, 5, 5c, HTC One, BlackBerry Z10 and so on...
    I went back to the Q10 because the battery life and QWERTY and for the first few weeks I was a bit envious when friends pulled out their new 15" Android devices (jk) but after those weeks I really love my Q10's form factor. Sure, a small bump in screen size/aspect ratio wouldn't hurt but I love how it feels like a BlackBerry. I am starting to really enjoy the compact feel over the burdensome phablets surrounding me.
    It feels... like a BlackBerry

Random thought... not sure why I posted but I'm sure others agree.
    03-27-14 11:26 PM
    I'm sure many fans of the Q10 and Q5, not to mention users still on legacy devices, would agree with you.

Personally I'm one of those who've moved on to bigger screens, but it's purely a matter of opinion.

Btw you got a chuckle out of me with the "15-inch Android" comment.

PS as a pug owner, yours is one of my favourite avatars on here! Awesome pic. Is that actually your dog?
    03-27-14 11:56 PM
    Q10 is my favorite form factor, I would like to have a Z10 or Z30 for a 2nd phone, but for everyday use I prefer the Q10.

Hope to see them increase the size a little bit as well though.
    03-28-14 12:07 AM
    Q10 is my favorite form factor, I would like to have a Z10 or Z30 for a 2nd phone, but for everyday use I prefer the Q10.

Hope to see them increase the size a little bit as well though.
    My sentiments exactly, but since the -5 model of the Z30 doesn't run on ATT's LTE network, I'm holding out. Instead I got a 4G/LTE Playbook and put a data plan on it. Among other things, I use it for editing/viewing school docs as it's easier on the eyes than my Q10. As a previous 9900 user, I love the Q10 and can't wait for the Q20 with the return of the trackpad and toolbelt. Cheers.
    bigjman likes this.
    03-28-14 01:07 AM
    I recently made the switch from a Q10 as my full time phone to a Galaxy Note 3 Rose Gold Edition. I still use my Q for business purposes and as my main way to crank out emails, but I now have to hold the phone inches from my face to read anything if I immediately switch from my Note. Still, I love my Q more than anything! It's not the size of the screen it's how you use it! Lol

Posted via CB10
    03-28-14 02:23 AM
    Still switching between the Q and the Z. Have them both and like them both. Battery life of the Q is just awesome. And the fact that it's just tiny compared to every other device on the market but does a brilliant job makes me come back to it every time.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Jeroen Vos; 03-28-14 at 06:50 AM.
    03-28-14 03:11 AM
    Agree...I moved from 5 inch screens to Q10 but not missed them at all

Posted by Q10
    03-28-14 06:23 AM
    I still prefer my iPhone 5 for watching video or gaming. But, it's my personal device and productivity isn't a concern.

Anything else, I prefer BlackBerry. My q10 rocks!

Posted via CB10
    03-28-14 06:53 AM
    I was glad for the increased screen size from my 9900 to Q10 but I"m not sure if I could go any larger because then the phone would be larger and I can just barely function around the keyboard with one hand now so definitely wouldn't be able to if they made in bigger. I have a tablet if I can view things on or use DLNA to my TV to watch things from the phone so I'm not fussed about it one way or the other.
    jakie55 and maclaskey like this.
    03-28-14 07:45 AM
    For a QWERTY device, the Q10's size and navigation are just about perfect. I can easily reach from the bottom row of the keyboard to the top of hte touchscreen with one hand in a single motion. All of the people putting their 'fantasy devices' on the forum don't seem to account for navigability: I'd rather have a device I can use when my attention is being dragged in two or three different directions, or when I have a tool bag, or carry-on luggage in my other hand without having to stop and just focus on my device.

Give any device the airport test (bag on your shoulder and pulling another one behind you while walking to your gate) and you'll find the Q does better than any of these larger devices, plus it fits in just about any pocket much easier than these monster devices people have.
    03-28-14 08:19 AM
    This is how I feel when I use someone's Android to call someone.

The Q10 screen size was such an issue until it didn't become an issue... LOL-img_20140325_064709_edit.png

Posted via the super amazing BlackBerry Q10
    nappalonia and dibbis like this.
    03-28-14 09:41 AM
    I used to think that the screen was too small until I held one, its just about the right size for a QWERTY phone.

via Z10 running "Download+ for BB10"
    03-28-14 09:44 AM
    Also the people who complain about the 1:1 ratio kind of crack me up as well. If their buying a phone for the keyboard and the 1:1 ratio works (as it does on the Q10) why would people want to start playing games on such a device. Would have been much easier to get a full touch device or hope the BlackBerry Codename Milan series comes to fruition.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-14 09:57 AM
    Agreed. I have had my Q10 since July and still in love. Just feels good in my hand.
    03-28-14 11:03 AM
    Just purchased a used Q10 to play around with. After using Android for a while the screen size was the first thing that hit me. I had forgot what it was like. I'm sure it will take me a while but I do like the feel of the Q.

Posted via CB10
    southlander likes this.
    03-28-14 02:08 PM
    Q10 form factor is my favorite as well.

I could not get on with the recent giant phones, and since I only use my phone for communicating purposes, the small screen size does not bother me at all. And I have actually watched quite a few videos on this and it is fine. Not too long ago, I used to watch videos on my Ipod Classic with a 2.5 inch screen. Haha

Posted via CB10 using Blackberry Q10
    03-28-14 10:48 PM
    I love my Q10. Waited for ATT to get on board and purchased it as soon as it was available. The form factor ( as described by many others here) is just about perfect.

My wife has a Z10 (switched her from a GS-4) and she loves it. I have to admit I'd love to get my hands on Z30, and I really hope John Chen moves forward with the Windermere or Q30 form factor.

From my awesome Q10 running 10.2.1.2228. Posted via CB10
    03-28-14 11:33 PM
    I don't mind the screen size at all. I just switch my Note 3 to Q10 and I hasn't bothered me yet. The ease of typing and just about everything else is much easier on the Q than the Note. So far I really enjoy the Q.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-14 06:16 AM
    This is how I feel when I use someone's Android to call someone.

Posted via the super amazing BlackBerry Q10
    I completely agree! I jump into Android once in a while just because, and that's the main reason I always go back to the iPhone. The GS3 was the last one. I've got a Tab 3 I take with on my motorcycle instead of a laptop, and it might as well have just been a phone the way they're going now.

I gave the GS3 to my wife. She's an Android fanatic.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-14 08:12 AM
    There are some times that my aging eyes wish the screen was a little bigger....Then I put my glasses on. I absolutely love the keyboard, and the pocketable size. I'm not sure I want the tool belt back, but I am going to play with a 9780, just for giggles, to see what I am "missing"
    03-30-14 05:22 AM
    A flagship qwerty. One that has a big sharp screen (not phablet size mind you) would be a true blackberry and I for one think it can gain some market share. Enough to be a niche player and remain that way.

They need to prioritise and it looks like they are.

Q10SQN100-3/10.2.1.2228, Z30, Z10, iP5, SGS3
    04-06-14 10:51 AM
    I agree. Bump up the screen size at least half an inch, trying to get to 16:9 ratio if possible for landscape mode.

Posted via CB10
    04-06-14 11:25 AM
    You are crazy if you say you want a qwerty keyboard and a 16 by 9 screen as well.

You would basically end up with an Iphone 5 with a Typo keyboard, size wise. It would be extremely uncomfortable to carry around and use since it would be way too long.

I am actually fine with the current size actually. They could reduce the size of the bezel up to to get a bit more screen real estate in, but I do like the current size of the phone.

And 16 by 9 screen ratio only matters for the video watching, but video watching is not the primary function of the phone. And the current battery technologies do not allow for extensive video watching as well anyways.

Posted via CB10 using Blackberry Q10
    04-06-14 12:01 PM
    I'm surprised no one mentioned PDF reading on the Q10.

My work sends me memos in PDF format, and with the screen size, it's an awful phone for reading PDFS. When opening a PDF as an attachment, I can't find a reflow mode, so to make it a decent size you have to open it in Adobe Reader... another step for a so called efficient phone.

I'm looking at moving up to a Z30. Have a deal on the table and have to decide either way today.

Posted via CB10
    04-06-14 12:15 PM
    I had also switched from the note 3 to the q10. I really love how small it is. My note 3 protrudes out of my pockets and falls out from time to time.

I don't mind the screen size at all. I just switch my Note 3 to Q10 and I hasn't bothered me yet. The ease of typing and just about everything else is much easier on the Q than the Note. So far I really enjoy the Q.

Posted via CB10
    anon(1733) likes this.
    04-06-14 05:13 PM
33 12