It is the best phone I have used for email and text. Not as good as the z30 for apps though...
    Jamar Wright likes this.
    08-23-16 12:06 AM
    It is the best phone I have used for email and text. Not as good as the z30 for apps though...
    True.
    08-23-16 06:29 AM
    No, you're not. The older I get the more I
    - dislike phones that are too wide to use with one hand
    - dislike phones that are so big they cause noticeable bulges in unnatural and unflattering places if i wear a pair of non-baggy pants

Call me silly and old-fashioned but if the physical management of a phone is 'a thing' (as the college kids say), there's a problem. Yes, the Q10 has its flaws, but it seems to be the best balance available.
    08-23-16 08:00 PM
    Well, I now use both--the Z30 and Q10. My main SIM goes to the Q10 for all texts and phone calls. Z30 handles ebook, multimedia, including Netflix, as well as heavy, long writing, since I can type way faster on its VKB.
    09-08-16 09:15 AM
    I'd say "of its time, yes"

But the best phone of all time in its day was the Nokia 6230i.
    09-08-16 03:23 PM
    It's certainly nice to be able to pop in a new battery and continue on as if nothing ever happened. Heh. No such thing as low batt with this thing.
    09-09-16 01:57 AM
    Hi!

I really miss BB and thought I could get used to an iPhone, and since all the computers I use are Apple, thought it was a smart choice. Well, I detest the iPhone and am coming back to BB. I just bought a BB Q10 off eBay and it doesn't come with a sim. My question is - can I use the nano sim with a micro adapter from my iPhone 6s in y BB Q10? I'll change the data plan and all that with Sprint - I just want to know if it can be done in the event Sprint doesn't have a sim for it, which, from what I've read, might be the case.

Thanks!
    09-09-16 11:44 AM
    Yesss. You can use a SIM adapter from nano to micro, so you won't have to buy a new number. This is what I do with mine, changing from the Passport to the Q10.
    09-09-16 12:07 PM
    Hi!. My question is - can I use the nano sim with a micro adapter from my iPhone 6s in y BB Q10?
    Ja.

Posted via CB10
    09-10-16 11:48 AM
    Hi!

I really miss BB and thought I could get used to an iPhone, and since all the computers I use are Apple, thought it was a smart choice. Well, I detest the iPhone and am coming back to BB. I just bought a BB Q10 off eBay and it doesn't come with a sim. My question is - can I use the nano sim with a micro adapter from my iPhone 6s in y BB Q10? I'll change the data plan and all that with Sprint - I just want to know if it can be done in the event Sprint doesn't have a sim for it, which, from what I've read, might be the case.

Thanks!
    Yes you can. Excellent choice btw.

Posted via CB10
    09-11-16 04:40 PM
    I can understand the resurgence. I've been BB10 for the last 4 years. I've had 2 x Z10s, 2 x Z30s, a Classic, and now my first Q10, a white one. The keyboard is at least as good as the Classic, the OLED display is better than the Classic, the size is better than the Classic (I have large hands), the build quality is good (other than the battery door, which is cheap-feeling, I've got a black one coming) and it's easier to handle than the Classic. Battery life seems good, signal is good, it even seems to reboot itself less than any of my previous BB10s. Spares seem readily available on eBay and very cheaply. All in all, a great device.

Posted via CB10
    09-11-16 05:54 PM
    I can understand the resurgence. I've been BB10 for the last 4 years. I've had 2 x Z10s, 2 x Z30s, a Classic, and now my first Q10, a white one. The keyboard is at least as good as the Classic, the OLED display is better than the Classic, the size is better than the Classic (I have large hands), the build quality is good (other than the battery door, which is cheap-feeling, I've got a black one coming) and it's easier to handle than the Classic. Battery life seems good, signal is good, it even seems to reboot itself less than any of my previous BB10s. Spares seem readily available on eBay and very cheaply. All in all, a great device.

Posted via CB10
    If you have large hands, how come the Q10's size is better than the Classic--the Classic is definitely bigger than. Don't get me wrong, I have 2 Q10s myself, and never once tried the Classic.
    09-12-16 03:30 AM
    I've got big hands too (I'm 6'6"), and I much prefer compact devices. I gave my z10 to my daughter and she can rocket across the virtual keys. My fingers were just too big for the virtual keyboard. With the physical keyboard I can use my nails to type. Much better for me.

I've never had a Classic or Passport, but I did have an iPhone 6+ and did not like the size at all, nor did I care for the OS.

Posted via CB10
    09-12-16 03:14 PM
    If you have large hands, how come the Q10's size is better than the Classic--the Classic is definitely bigger than. Don't get me wrong, I have 2 Q10s myself, and never once tried the Classic.
    The Classic was too big and too heavy even for me. The small size of the Q's keys is made up for by the precise nature of the keyboard and the ease of handling.

When you are using the device in anything other than upright seated or standing positions, the weight of the device against your thumbs becomes an issue. The Classic is harder to use in these situations.

<edit> Also, importantly, I couldn't reach all points on the screen when using the Classic one-handed. That could be considered a design limitation </edit>

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Niallac; 09-12-16 at 04:43 PM.
    09-12-16 04:32 PM
    No, you're not. The older I get the more I
    - dislike phones that are too wide to use with one hand
    - dislike phones that are so big they cause noticeable bulges in unnatural and unflattering places if i wear a pair of non-baggy pants

Call me silly and old-fashioned but if the physical management of a phone is 'a thing' (as the college kids say), there's a problem. Yes, the Q10 has its flaws, but it seems to be the best balance available.
    This! Love this answer. I am exactly the same way. The older I get the more I appreciate the smaller phones. I used a Q10 for about 1 year and loved it. I wish I had never left. The Q10 with the OEM Pocket sleeve was the best combination ever for professionalism and portability.
    09-13-16 07:56 PM
    After one month with an iPhone SE and a brief flirtation with a Passport SE, I'm back on my trusty Q10.

I wrote about my reasons for choosing the Q10 over the Passport SE on my personal blog: http://newfangled.xyz/post/151357262...ry-passport-se

This Q10 and I have been through a lot. I've replaced the keyboard, screen, and even swapped out the black frame with a silver one from a white Q10.

The result is what I call the "BlackBerry Q10: Bold Edition":

Q10 Resurgence-wp_20160213_003.jpg

I haven't tried a Classic yet - and I plan to - but there's just something about these Q10s that keeps me coming back. Several things, actually.

The compact size, carbon fiber weave back, quality design and build, brilliant 4-row keyboard (Bold 9900 is still the ultimate typing experience, IMO, but the Q10 is no slouch), user-replaceable battery, battery-friendly AMOLED screen when using black/dark themes, dedicated Micro HDMI port, and repair/replacement-friendly construction are just some of the things I really appreciate about this unique device.

The only reason I could think of that I would prefer a Classic over a Q10 is the toolbelt. A trackpad and dedicated call buttons could make all the difference. But I need to really test their implementation in BB10 for my uses. If it's clunky or not intuitive, it may not be worth the larger size and sealed battery the Classic brings with it.

Regardless, I will always have a Q10 in my collection. It's one of the last "pure" BlackBerry phones that was designed, developed, and manufactured 100% by RIM, running a BlackBerry operating system.

Posted from my Q10 via CB10
    mushroom_daddy likes this.
    10-09-16 08:11 PM
    After one month with an iPhone SE and a brief flirtation with a Passport SE, I'm back on my trusty Q10.

I wrote about my reasons for choosing the Q10 over the Passport SE on my personal blog: Newfangled - Taking a pass on the BlackBerry Passport SE

This Q10 and I have been through a lot. I've replaced the keyboard, screen, and even swapped out the black frame with a silver one from a white Q10.

The result is what I call the "BlackBerry Q10: Bold Edition":

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_20160213_003.jpg 
Views:	602 
Size:	39.6 KB 
ID:	409797

I haven't tried a Classic yet - and I plan to - but there's just something about these Q10s that keeps me coming back. Several things, actually.

The compact size, carbon fiber weave back, quality design and build, brilliant 4-row keyboard (Bold 9900 is still the ultimate typing experience, IMO, but the Q10 is no slouch), user-replaceable battery, battery-friendly AMOLED screen when using black/dark themes, dedicated Micro HDMI port, and repair/replacement-friendly construction are just some of the things I really appreciate about this unique device.

The only reason I could think of that I would prefer a Classic over a Q10 is the toolbelt. A trackpad and dedicated call buttons could make all the difference. But I need to really test their implementation in BB10 for my uses. If it's clunky or not intuitive, it may not be worth the larger size and sealed battery the Classic brings with it.

Regardless, I will always have a Q10 in my collection. It's one of the last "pure" BlackBerry phones that was designed, developed, and manufactured 100% by RIM, running a BlackBerry operating system.

I loved the BlackBerry Bold 9900. I bought the Q10 when it was first released, and honestly, I was initially underwhelmed. When the Classic was announced, I thought that the return of the toolbelt would be just like using an modern Blackberry 9900; it wasn't. The toolbelt implementation on the Classic is not good, and often redundant. One example I will mention is that it takes multiple key presses to initiate and end a call, which kind of defeats the purpose of dedicated buttons for that. I did not use the trackpad as often as I thought I would. I think a large part of that is the evolution of the BlackBerry 10 software. Text selection and copy and paste is much easier with the latest versions of BlackBerry 10 software.

I am back to the Q10, and actually just bought 2 additional brand new ones a couple months ago. I found after using the Classic for about a year, that the difference in screen size from the Q10 is not appreciable enough to warrant the additional size, weight, and sealed battery of the Classic. As the production of Blackberry 10 devices comes to a close, I think going forward, the Q10 is the device that people will still be using in the future. I have some comparison photos of the Classic and the Q10 in the following thread:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...81/index4.html
    Last edited by EYE2; 10-09-16 at 10:11 PM.
    mushroom_daddy likes this.
    10-09-16 09:56 PM
    I loved the BlackBerry Bold 9900. I bought the Q10 when it was first released, and honestly, I was initially underwhelmed. When the Classic was announced, I thought that the return of the toolbelt would be just like using an modern Blackberry 9900; it wasn't. The toolbelt implementation on the Classic is not good, and often redundant. One example I will mention is that it takes multiple key presses to initiate and end a call, which kind of defeats the purpose of dedicated buttons for that. I did not use the trackpad as often as I thought I would. I think a large part of that is the evolution of the BlackBerry 10 software. Text selection and copy and paste is much easier with the latest versions of BlackBerry 10 software.

I am back to the Q10, and actually just bought 2 additional brand new ones a couple months ago. I found after using the Classic for about a year, that the difference in screen size from the Q10 is not appreciable enough to warrant the additional size, weight, and sealed battery of the Classic. As the production of Blackberry 10 devices comes to a close, I think going forward, the Q10 is the device that people will still be using in the future. I have some comparison photos of the Classic and the Q10 in the following thread:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...81/index4.html
    Thank you for sharing your experience! I can totally relate to what you are saying and you actually described some of the issues with the Classic that I was afraid of. Being able to end a call with a single press of a physical button is one of the things I loved about the 9900. If the Classic can't do that, then what's the point?

There are times when I do wish I had a trackpad, especially when editing text, so I do still want to give a Classic a try, but I have a feeling I'll see many of the same deficiencies and redundancies you saw and wouldn't be surprised to find myself back on a Q10 eventually.

10-09-16 10:40 PM
    I traded up the LG G5 for a Q10 over the weekend. I owned this phone back when it first launched and personally I don't think I should have left it. It really is quite refreshing to be back on a phone that fits so nicely in the hand. Large touchscreen phones are a novelty that doesn't last long. And OS10 was sorely missed. This system runs circles around Android. Having the Playstore installed on it is also quite awesome. Even if it does cause the phone to take a performance hit.

Posted via CB10
    08-07-17 06:49 PM
    It would be good to know truly how many Q users exist. And Bold holdouts.

Will this become some sort of case study in the future about a company that sorely did not understand its core customers . . . That is, instead of first releasing the the slab, even with a "half baked" OS, the Q should have been first?

Obviously, we will never know. However, to this day, I still meet more Bold and Q users than I do any other BB phone. A few PP's and very small smattering of Z's...No KeyOnes and only 1 Priv.

To be clear, I know there is no return. I understand that BB hardware is dead. I am just curious from a business strategic standpoint.
    Mike Owsley and Mrs Teapot like this.
    08-07-17 08:25 PM
    It would be good to know truly how many Q users exist. And Bold holdouts.

Will this become some sort of case study in the future about a company that sorely did not understand its core customers . . . That is, instead of first releasing the the slab, even with a "half baked" OS, the Q should have been first?

Obviously, we will never know. However, to this day, I still meet more Bold and Q users than I do any other BB phone. A few PP's and very small smattering of Z's...No KeyOnes and only 1 Priv.

To be clear, I know there is no return. I understand that BB hardware is dead. I am just curious from a business strategic standpoint.
    Strategically, it makes sense, going for the remaining existing base vs the slab crowd that had already moved on. I think gamble on slab was made because at time, slab marketshare was growing exponentially and purchasers seemed to be willing to move to smartphones for the extra screen. All other manufacturers were dumping PKB. Also profit margin on VKB should be higher and with less product failure.
    08-07-17 09:21 PM
    I've saw it expressed in another thread that BlackBerry should release OS10 to the open source community. I agree and think we should petition to them to do so. Then start a crowdfunding campaign to design and build a true Bold/Q10 successor.

Posted via CB10
    Miz.Michele likes this.
    08-08-17 07:53 PM
    Why would BlackBerry make bb10 open source? What would they have to gain?

Posted via CB10
    08-08-17 11:44 PM
    Why would BlackBerry make bb10 open source? What would they have to gain?

Posted via CB10
    Shed a layer of "dead OS" skin and make it somebody else's problem?

Posted via CB10
    08-09-17 10:52 AM
    Lol strategically? The real lesson was that you cannot be late to market and you have to have a sense of vision for the future.

They understood their "core users" clearly and that was precisely their downfall - when iphone launched they were still trying to convince telecom heads it would never work and the saddest moment was when Mike tried to tell Verizon not to invest in 4G networks when they invited BlackBerry to see what 4G phone they had for them lmao...

When apple launched iphone google immediately cancelled their BlackBerry clone and bought android...BlackBerry should have bought and launched a qnx phone the same time android launched. Pretty simple.

BlackBerry had the users back then and developers would have made apps for them - but they focused too much on meeting the growing demand in emerging markets and apparently it was much easier to develop for iOS than for the java based bbos.

So there was no "strategy" to be found when bb10 finally launched - they were too late.

Then they were too late with bbm and it's been eclipsed by so many other inferior products it's truly so sad

#qwerty #glassweave #darkhorse
    08-11-17 05:07 PM
60 123