Well, I was one of those that waited anxiously for the Q10. I ran out to get one on May 3.
    All was good until...
    On June 22, with no accidents the keyboard started to malfunction. The very thing that made me want to stick with BB in the first place. The great customer support from BB and Bell (here in Canada) leads me to a repair time of 4-6 weeks and a week until a loaner phone becomes available.
    All attempts at obtaining a replacement phone have been ignored... On the 49th day of operation, the very reason I went with this product has proven to be defective.
    My strong advice is to heed the warnings of many in the business and technical communities: Blackberry is on death watch. If they treat someone like me (who has been a bb customer since somebody could) like this and apparently can't even get their famous keyboard right it's game over.
    Please be warned and avoid Blackberry altogether and the Q10 in particular!
    06-25-13 09:30 AM
    So you device has a defect and the carrier sends it off for repair. So now the Q is garbage. There is bound to be a defect or issue with device during manufacturing you happened to get one. I know many with the Q and no issues.

You may need to calm down a bit.

Posted via CB10
    06-25-13 09:34 AM
    And this is your first post? What's the point of creating a new account to gripe about BlackBerry when your complaint should be with the carrier

Posted via CB10
    CarGuy1368 and sk8er_tor like this.
    06-25-13 09:35 AM
    I really having a hard time understanding these looooong negative posts. There are a few of them making very good points, but the remaining are just plain annoying. Ok let's avoid blackberry altogether folks, yeah, why not close down the forums on the way.
    I sound like a jerk but I really look forward to refresh the forums to read insightful content, and these get in my nerves.
    06-25-13 09:36 AM
    Well, I was one of those that waited anxiously for the Q10. I ran out to get one on May 3.
    All was good until...
    On June 22, with no accidents the keyboard started to malfunction. The very thing that made me want to stick with BB in the first place. The great customer support from BB and Bell (here in Canada) leads me to a repair time of 4-6 weeks and a week until a loaner phone becomes available.
    All attempts at obtaining a replacement phone have been ignored... On the 49th day of operation, the very reason I went with this product has proven to be defective.
    My strong advice is to heed the warnings of many in the business and technical communities: Blackberry is on death watch. If they treat someone like me (who has been a bb customer since somebody could) like this and apparently can't even get their famous keyboard right it's game over.
    We have Z10s and Q10s in our business with no issues and we get great support. Maybe it is in your delivery or you are a troll spreading FUD. To post this as your first post like all the others, I suspect a troll.
    06-25-13 09:36 AM
    I simply came on here seeking advice on what to do...
    I think the response from both BB and Bell is outrageous. I am neither a techie, nor am I interested in any other products per se, I'm just reporting what happened. I happen to believe that a new product that malfunctions within 49 days shouldn't receive this kind of response, particularly from a company that is known for their keyboards and is trying to re-establish themselves in the marketplace.
    These are the signs of a company that doesn't get it.
    But, I get that perspective of the white knights...
    06-25-13 09:42 AM
    Bell Mobility routinely ****s on their clients.

All was good until...
    06-25-13 09:48 AM
    I think the response from both BB and Bell is outrageous. I am neither a techie, nor am I interested in any other products per se, I'm just reporting what happened. I happen to believe that a new product that malfunctions within 49 days shouldn't receive this kind of response, particularly from a company that is known for their keyboards and is trying to re-establish themselves in the marketplace.
    You never came here to see advice, but to give it.

My strong advice is to heed the warnings of many in the business and technical communities: Blackberry is on death watch. If they treat someone like me (who has been a bb customer since somebody could) like this and apparently can't even get their famous keyboard right it's game over. Please be warned and avoid Blackberry altogether and the Q10 in particular!
    Of course your advice is BS. This is a sign of a troll.
    06-25-13 09:49 AM
    You came on here for advice, really? Why didn't you ask a question or ask for an opinion? All you did was say Stay away from BlackBerry there on death row because there was a Q10 with defect. Ya sounds like your asking for advice there. Don't be mad a BB cause Bell didn't have a loner phone for you either.
    06-25-13 09:51 AM
    [trolling at its finest

QUOTE=Chris200;8707179]Well, I was one of those that waited anxiously for the Q10. I ran out to get one on May 3.
    All was good until...
    Please be warned and avoid Blackberry altogether and the Q10 in particular![/QUOTE]

Posted via CB10
    06-25-13 09:55 AM
    This is why the Z10 proves superior in many ways. You never have to concern yourself with malfunctioning parts. I remember the hell I went through with my 9700 after liquor barely spilled on it. One day the keyboard would be responsive and the next day it's "squishy". Years after that then one of the keys stopped working which means additional payments to get it fixed.

Yup. Loving the Z10 right now for sure.

via CB10 (BB Z10 : BLK : OS 10.1) [ Follow me @EHZAY for BB News & Tech Updates ]
    06-25-13 09:57 AM
    "Avoid BlackBerry altogether..."

Yeah, because you're definitely going to make a bunch of BlackBerry people on a forum called "CrackBerry" to switch...

I'm sorry that your phone isn't working. If this was more of a widespread issue, then it should be addressed. However, there have not been many threads about a malfunctioning keyboard. If Bell cannot give you a replacement phone that is their fault, not BlackBerry's.

Posted via CB10
    06-25-13 10:09 AM
    All those two post trolls who've been the most loyal of costumers all their lives who simply come here to seek advice while being loyal since 1884
    06-25-13 10:09 AM
    I don't think this is a BlackBerry issue, this is more a carrier issue. Here in the US the carriers would have more than likely replaced your device. In Canada and in most of Europe carriers usually opt to repair. My carrier, Verizon would have 2 day shipped you a new or certified refurbished phone.
    06-25-13 10:13 AM
    My Q10 has never skipped a beat since I got it and the known keyboard issue is non existent with mine. My cousins Q has no issues either. Its by no means game over because of your experience, there are still lots of people, possibly millions by now around the world who do not share your sentiments, simply because they have not had the same experience.
    06-25-13 10:23 AM
    I understand your frustration. However, even reputable companies with a long standing history of solid products like Honda will have a few lemons once in a while. It is just the nature of the beast. I myself have had no problems with my Q10, but I had a ton of problems with my Pearl Flip. However, I didn't view it as an indictment on Blackberry as an entire company. Once in a while, you will just get a bad individual product. Does your provider offer insurance and is it a financially viable option for you? I have learned my lesson in the past and always get it now so I can just get a new phone if need be. Perhaps there is a forum about your provider where you could find some other strategies for dealing with them in an attempt to rectify your situation in a more timely manner?
    06-25-13 10:40 AM
    Zero issues with my Q10. Your carrier is supposed to provide you with a loner not blackberry. One particular device is not the face of all of the millions of devices.

Posted via CB10
    sk8er_tor and CarGuy1368 like this.
    06-25-13 10:43 AM
    I'm assuming the OP went to one Bell store that did not have any loaners and gave him this long lead time. Did you go to another store that may have a loaner available before going through the effort of creating an account on here to complain?

Also, as others have said, this long delay is caused by your carrier Bell. Just go and have a look at how quick PlayBooks were repaired since BB dealt with those directly since carriers were out of the picture.
    06-25-13 11:03 AM
    While phones are all supposed to be the same, the truth is, many have unique 'personalities', and some are made wrong from the start. These are usually the exception, rather than the rule. And getting hosed by a carrier does not make it a manufacturer issue, sounds like they are the ones being difficult. Plus, without knowing that it is actually a defect, there is something that could make a keyboard go haywire. Moisture infiltration. Steam from a bathroom or heavy sweat can get in and cause a mess. So maybe update when the problem is found.
    CarGuy1368 likes this.
    06-25-13 11:06 AM
    All was good until...
    What The f*** did I just read.

Posted Via Q10
    06-25-13 11:56 AM
    Finally got a loaner phone from the third Bell store... at least there I found a really responsive rep who, given the two hours to program a replacement, indicated he would try to get BB to rush a repair. Here are the facts: Bell offered $150 toward a replacement phone due to loyalty. A further $190 was offered for the malfunctioning Q10. This meant that BB (who were on the phone for this issue for several hours) would have had to subsidized a new Q10 to the tune of $360. For those who are aware of DOA (warranty duration), my device crapped out four days later. I'm in business for myself and this has consummed much of three days.
    The point I'm making is if a manufacturer who boasts a keyboard option takes this path to resolution, they can't expect loyalty. If that's the case, in this business, it's just a matter of time.
    For the record, as I pointed out in my OP, I was happy with the Q10 up to this point.
    I get that this site definitionally is full of BB white knights, but this subset doesn't make a successful business.
    06-25-13 06:59 PM
    Rogers wireless would have had a lonaer for you right away and with the smartphone advantage program replaced your phone with a brand new one! Why bother with the hassle with bell! Reallly!?

Posted via CB10
    06-26-13 02:03 AM
    One single berry does not represent the whole bunch nor the tree...
    06-26-13 02:47 AM
    Sounds more like a Bell problem than a Q10 issue and many of their customers like myself would agree they can be frustrating to deal with sometimes. My company has a lot of Q10s and Z10s and the biggest issues I see so far are user frustration learning a new OS and problems at the System Admin level implementing policies on some of the new features. There are a bugs like any new OS that need to be worked out in future updates. Zero hardware failures so far here.

As for the "White Knight" comment there are more complainers on almost any forum than champions. I come here to get some help and maybe learn a thing or two
    06-26-13 07:47 AM
    In fact, it was a classic case of Bell and BB being on the phone together, both hoping the other would blink.
    Bell is horrifying with customer service, but I think we all know and expect it from the protected carriers. What is more surprising to me is that BB wouldn't stand behind their product when they are in a truly competitive industry. The history of business is littered with failed companies with this kind of basic shortcoming.
    06-26-13 12:12 PM
26 12