I�m a Blackberry from 10 years. Last week I move from Bold 9900 to Q10 and I�m VERY disappointed.

Why I�m disappointed?

1) Facebook integration

WHY this device mess all my Contacts bringing useless information from Facebook and LinkedIn? It�s MY Contacts, not yours. I give any name I want. After edit and redo 80% of my contatcs entries I discover how to unlink Facebook contacts from Contacts App. Now I don�t see Facebook contacts in Contacts app and the search from internet info is disable.

But the problem stays... I still see all this Contacts in GLOBAL SEARCH. Search from home screen in a fisical keyboard device is one of the best features you can have. But WHY Q10 keep bring the Facebook contatcs in Search? This is extremely annoyed. PLEASE, some one nows how I can disable this function?

2) Notifications

The only place I can see how many notifications I have is in... LOCK screen! There is no way to know how many emails or messeges or appointments you have from home screen. You HAVE to go to Hub. And Hub is a just a confused Messeges app. Like Bold 9900 there is no way to see all the unread messeges and notifications all togheter.

I NEED to see my notification, messeges and appointments in home screen, all totheger. Not luxury, but a necessity.

3) SMS to home/work/farm/0800?

I don�t will send a SMS messege to all phone numbers. WHY this device show all Contact numbers twice, one for phone calls and one for text? HOW I can send a text messege to an old hard line ou to a big company? This is useless!! Is there a way to show only numbers and I chose to call or to send a text messege?

4) There is no Bridge to BB10

The best feature of Playbook is Bridge. Now Blackberry takes me this function, the single that tied me to the tablet! If I knew the Bridge would not work would not have bought the Q10.

5) Email replies only in blue color

This is a joke I do not understant. WHY I only can reply a messege in blue color?! It�s MY emails. Let me write any way I want.

My Blackberry devices since 2006:
    - 7100i (worst phone I ever had)
    - Curve 8350i (great for the time! I had tree devices)
    - Curve 8900 (good device, a non-Nextel 8350i with better screen resolution)
    - Bold 9000 (good, did the job done!)
    - Bold 9780 (best polished device yet, good battery, only lacks touch screen)
    - Playbook 16GB (regular tablet with amazing Bridge function)
    - Bold 9900 (ugly device, much less polished then 9780, but best of all to work)
    - Playbook 64GB (regular tablet with amazing Bridge function)
    - Q10 (whats wrong with you Blackberry?!)

Blackberry is doing everything to send their loyal clients for other platforms. After over a decade foolish mistakes are still made​​, unfinished handsets are launched and neglect of the customer is huge.

I have two choices. Buy another Bold 9900 or look for a Android QWERT phone. Suggestions?
    anon(5828343) likes this.
    04-11-14 07:21 AM
    in hub use pinch to see your unread mails
    04-11-14 07:30 AM
    What half decent Android phone has a QWERTY keyboard?

The last one I can think of that made any kind of splash was the Droid series from Motorola and that was a slider. Maybe the Motorola Admiral but I have yet to see anyone with that. My Q10 arrives in the mail and man after reading your post... I'm scared.
    04-11-14 07:36 AM
    If you want to see how many new emails, SMS or other messages you have just slowly swipe up on the home screen or any screen you are on and you will see on the left side of the screen all the notifications you use to see on the top bar on the legacy device.

Visit my BBM Channel C000E96F6
    04-11-14 07:37 AM
    What half decent Android phone has a QWERTY keyboard?

The last one I can think of that made any kind of splash was the Droid series from Motorola and that was a slider. Maybe the Motorola Admiral but I have yet to see anyone with that. My Q10 arrives in the mail and man after reading your post... I'm scared.
    don't be scare some user just are...
    04-11-14 07:37 AM
    BLACKBERRY BRIDGE SUPPORT ALL BB 10 DEVICE

1.BB Z30
    2.BB Z10
    3.BB Q5
    4.BB Q10
    5. P'9982
    6. BB Z3
    YOU SAYING THAT Q10 DOES NOT HAVE BRIDGE MAKE ME DOUBT THAT YOU EVEN HAVE ONE

CHECK LINK HERE:
    BlackBerry Bridge - BlackBerry World
    Marauder2, Q10Bold and joejuck like this.
    04-11-14 07:41 AM
    1. If you use facebook integration in the phone instead of the app, that's why you have all your contact in your phone and not just in facebook. Some want everything on facebook to be included in their phone, and some, like me, don't, so instead of adding our info in the facebook account setting in the phone, we only use the facebook app.

2. if you go in the hub, and swipe left, and leave that menu open (where you see hub/priority hub/notifications/etc), then swipe right. Anytime you want to see what your notification/message/all that, swipe left (no need to fully swipe, just peak).

3. as a business user, I need to be able to add a text number and a contact number, because usually the contact number of the client is the landline at their desk, but the text contact is their cell phone.

4. Playbook is dead that's why there is pretty much nothing going on for it, as a playbook owner I'm very sad about this too, but there is still stuff I can do with my q10 and my playbook (been a while since I used them together though)

5. I dont understand ?
    04-11-14 07:42 AM
    I�m a Blackberry from 10 years. Last week I move from Bold 9900 to Q10 and I�m VERY disappointed.

Why I�m disappointed?

1) Facebook integration

WHY this device mess all my Contacts bringing useless information from Facebook and LinkedIn? It�s MY Contacts, not yours. I give any name I want. After edit and redo 80% of my contatcs entries I discover how to unlink Facebook contacts from Contacts App. Now I don�t see Facebook contacts in Contacts app and the search from internet info is disable.

But the problem stays... I still see all this Contacts in GLOBAL SEARCH. Search from home screen in a fisical keyboard device is one of the best features you can have. But WHY Q10 keep bring the Facebook contatcs in Search? This is extremely annoyed. PLEASE, some one nows how I can disable this function?

2) Notifications

The only place I can see how many notifications I have is in... LOCK screen! There is no way to know how many emails or messeges or appointments you have from home screen. You HAVE to go to Hub. And Hub is a just a confused Messeges app. Like Bold 9900 there is no way to see all the unread messeges and notifications all togheter.

I NEED to see my notification, messeges and appointments in home screen, all totheger. Not luxury, but a necessity.

I don�t will send a SMS messege to all phone numbers. WHY this device show all Contact numbers twice, one for phone calls and one for text? HOW I can send a text messege to an old hard line ou to a big company? This is useless!! Is there a way to show only numbers and I chose to call or to send a text messege?

The best feature of Playbook is Bridge. Now Blackberry takes me this function, the single that tied me to the tablet! If I knew the Bridge would not work would not have bought the Q10.

This is a joke I do not understant. WHY I only can reply a messege in blue color?! It�s MY emails. Let me write any way I want.

- Bold 9900 (ugly device, much less polished then 9780, but best of all to work)

Blackberry is doing everything to send their loyal clients for other platforms. After over a decade foolish mistakes are still made​​, unfinished handsets are launched and neglect of the customer is huge.

I have two choices. Buy another Bold 9900 or look for a Android QWERT phone. Suggestions?
    1) Disable Facebook contacts within contacts app. [Contacts > swipe down from from top> Settings > Facebook Friends - switch that 'Off'.

2) Swipe up from any app, and you will see all your unread notifications on the left side of the screen.
    Too see all unread notifications etc. Go in to the hub, and pinch in the screen to bring unread notifications. Pinch 'out' to exit.

3) in Hub select 'Text Messages' and compose a text. You will see a '+' sign just beneath the top right. Tap on it and select the contacts you wanna send a text to.
    Alternatively you can create a group within the contacts app to whom your regularly send messages.

4) You can find BlackBerry Bridge app BlackBerry World.

5) when composing an email, press the menu option on the right of the screen (the three dots) and it should give an option of 'Format'. Format the colour you wanna send the email in!

I just wanna advise you to spend a bit more time with the BlackBerry 10 OS.

Q10 - regrets and doubts-img_20140411_134218.png
    Q10 - regrets and doubts-img_20140411_134353.png
    Q10 - regrets and doubts-img_20140411_134602.png
    Q10 - regrets and doubts-img_20140411_134703.png
    Q10 - regrets and doubts-img_20140411_134710.png
    Q10 - regrets and doubts-img_20140411_133942.png
    Q10 - regrets and doubts-img_20140411_135141.png

Posted via CB10
    Attachment 262316
    Attachment 262317
    Attachment 262318
    04-11-14 07:52 AM
    1) disable facebook contacts within contacts app. [contacts > swipe down from from top> settings > facebook friends - switch that 'off'.

2) swipe up from any app, and you will see all your unread notifications on the left side of the screen.
    Too see all unread notifications etc. Go in to the hub, and pinch in the screen to bring unread notifications. Pinch 'out' to exit.

3) in hub select 'text messages' and compose a text. You will see a '+' sign just beneath the top right. Tap on it and select the contacts you wanna send a text to.
    Alternatively you can create a group within the contacts app to whom your regularly send messages.

4) you can find blackberry bridge app blackberry world.

5) when composing an email, press the menu option on the right of the screen (the three dots) and it should give an option of 'format'. Format the colour you wanna send the email in!

I just wanna advise you to spend a bit more time with the blackberry 10 os.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140411_134218.png 
Views:	1978 
Size:	135.7 KB 
ID:	262309

Name:	IMG_20140411_134353.png 
Views:	1981 
Size:	43.2 KB 
ID:	262310

Name:	IMG_20140411_134602.png 
Views:	1974 
Size:	28.3 KB 
ID:	262311

Name:	IMG_20140411_134703.png 
Views:	1974 
Size:	82.5 KB 
ID:	262312

Name:	IMG_20140411_134710.png 
Views:	1973 
Size:	80.4 KB 
ID:	262313

Name:	IMG_20140411_133942.png 
Views:	1973 
Size:	72.7 KB 
ID:	262314

Name:	IMG_20140411_135141.png 
Views:	1966 
Size:	43.1 KB 
ID:	262315

posted via cb10
    Attachment 262316
    Attachment 262317
    Attachment 262318
    this must have blew his mind
    sk8er_tor likes this.
    04-11-14 08:01 AM
    this must have blew his mind
    I hope it does
    I agree that some don't understand the BlackBerry 10 platform, but honestly after using it for a few days one does get used to it. It's not hard, it's just about research
    Half of the things he mentioned are right in front of his eyes but he refuses to see them. I understood BlackBerry 10 the very first day I got it and it feels so natural.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-14 08:06 AM
    It's called a learning curve... pretty sad how many do not want to take the time the actually learn how something works.... to those fiolks.. maybe Apple would be a better choice... pretty much pick up and play.... on of Apple's strong points... What part of "new" in new OS do people not get... New always means having to learn new things... how anyone moving from an 'ancient OS ... 7 v to a year old OS ... 10 and not expect a learning curvevis beyond me... as to the "if I cannot figure it out... it must not have the feature"..... you get posts like this....
    2vince6 and Soul_Est like this.
    04-11-14 08:22 AM
    They claim they are BlackBerry loyalist but like you said, won't accept change or learn change within bb10. But they are quick to jump to another platform and learn that ecosystem. Doesn't make sense to me.

From the Zed10 to the Q10!
    04-11-14 08:30 AM
    I have a gripe but first let me say how helpful and informative the responses have been. Good job eveyone.

I find it frustrating the origional poster hasn't responded to all these replys. It's something I've seen before. A ranting posting about Blackberry this or that. Next, a ton of informative replies with out a single response from the origional poster. Not even a simple thank you.

I have no regrets or doubts about owing my BB10 devices.

Thanks
    modbro, Soul_Est and 2vince6 like this.
    04-11-14 08:34 AM
    The OP joined CrackBerry in 2009. By 2014 he has posted 5 times. Its fair to say the OP is a little slow.
    Nharzhool likes this.
    04-11-14 09:01 AM
    OP, learning curve? i understand your frustration but come on! it's like someone who's used to drive automatic cars drives a manual adaptation period.

anyhow, see? Crackberry is the right place to get all of your answers, no need to rant about BB10, just ask.

there are answers to ALL your questions in the above comments!!!
    04-11-14 09:35 AM
    Thanks, this is a great tip!
    decoy7 and Soul_Est like this.
    04-11-14 09:50 AM

Why I�m disappointed?

1) Facebook integration

2) Notifications

you have to download bridge app. to few how many messages you have you swipe up while in the home screen. off to the side it will tell you how many unread messages you have from each account. To get rid of your Facebook contacts go into the contact app from the top swipe down and hit settings. (you can also hit the dot dot dot off to the side and hit settings) then turn off Facebook ect. To reply to an email in black or red hit the text edit button on the bottom of the screen and change the font or colour or position of the text
    04-11-14 09:52 AM
    BLACKBERRY BRIDGE SUPPORT ALL BB 10 DEVICE

1.BB Z30
    2.BB Z10
    3.BB Q5
    4.BB Q10
    5. P'9982
    6. BB Z3
    YOU SAYING THAT Q10 DOES NOT HAVE BRIDGE MAKE ME DOUBT THAT YOU EVEN HAVE ONE

CHECK LINK HERE:
    BlackBerry Bridge - BlackBerry World
    Bridge on BB10 devices only share Internet connection and BBM. I don�t use BBM and don�t know any BBM user.

Messeges, calendar and memos dosen�t works on Bridge for BB10.
    04-11-14 09:53 AM
    Bridge on BB10 devices only share Internet connection and BBM. I don�t use BBM and don�t know any BBM user.

Messeges, calendar and memos dosen�t works on Bridge for BB10.
    You have also the SMS thru the bridge

Visit my BBM Channel C000E96F6
    04-11-14 10:01 AM
    Dear friends, I just need a work tool and get the job done. I am not an enthusiast of this or that technology.

Thanks for all your answers and time.

Any suggestion about how to global search from home screen stops looking for Facebook info?

How I can change balck to default color on email replies?

This issues are exemples of BUGs, not functions.
    04-11-14 10:01 AM
    I love the blue replies...thats BB10 style No other smartphone have this
    Last edited by Q10Bold; 04-11-14 at 10:41 AM.
    04-11-14 10:24 AM

Why I�m disappointed?

check the app permissions you granted when you installed Facebook and LinkedIn. Not BB's fault.
    some of your other points are well taken.

1) Facebook integration

2) Notifications

04-11-14 10:28 AM
    Dear friends, I just need a work tool and get the job done. I am not an enthusiast of this or that technology.

Any suggestion about how to global search from home screen stops looking for Facebook info?

The only thing I can think of is go into your hub and filter from the bottom left corner into your specific email account, text messages, or etc. and do a search from there. It'll search specific to that account.
    04-11-14 10:51 AM
    They claim they are BlackBerry loyalist but like you said, won't accept change or learn change within bb10. But they are quick to jump to another platform and learn that ecosystem. Doesn't make sense to me.

From the Zed10 to the Q10!
    This.

I just don't get people threatening to leave *any* ecosystem - apple, BlackBerry, android, windows - because they don't invest the time to learn the OS. Do they not realize that they'll be in the exact same boat if they move to another OS?

Posted via CB10 on my beautiful Q10
    04-11-14 11:21 AM

You can't stop Facebook in search info, but you can stop contacts search in search.

Go in to search > swipe down from top > Settings > go in to 'categories tab' > untick contacts

And in all honesty I can say that my email replies aee default to black, I don't know why yours isn't.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-14 12:28 PM
72 123