Dear all,

I am totally stuck and do not know what to do anymore. I have a BB Q10 (i do not know which software), i recently stopped using it for 2 weeks, but kept keeping it on, with a different sim card and still daily using it just not as often as before.

Out of nowhere, i click on the keyboard, and it does not open (when the battery was normally full and perfectly working few hours before) and the screen stays completely black, with the red led flashing one time, then 6 times quite fast and this repetitively non stop (even when not connected to power source)

I tried to look online, but its a bunch of tutorials for older BB. I tried to connect it to my MAC, but Blackberry Links is not recognizing it (maybe there is something special to do...) because i was thinking of flashing it and re installing the software.

I of course tried to pull out the battery many times. The phone did not get any water or was not dropped anywhere. I bought it from someone in my country about 1 year ago and it was perfectly working (so i suppose that i do not have any warranty left)

Please help me.. It looks like it never happened to any Q10 before.. Is there a "safe mode" to put the phone on in order to flash and re install the software on it ? What can i do.....

Thank you for your help
    11-27-14 08:18 PM
    Just start BlackBerry Link on your computer and go to Preferences. Connect the USB cable provided by BlackBerry to your computer then your phone, wait a second to see if Link offers you a reload, if not click on the "Reload the OS" button. Wait until the end of the process.
    11-28-14 03:07 AM
    Dear Joshu42,

I tried to do that already, but my computer (tried on another MAC as well) both did not recognize the BB as there was no sign that it was connected and when i pressed the button to "Reload the OS" it says something as "connect blackberry" or something like this, i do not remember exactly..

Any other solution ?

Regards
    11-28-14 06:24 AM
    Tell us the exact error you get first.

Another solution is to use an autoloader :
    Download an autoloader on the forum (last official or leak release as you want). Pull out the battery from your phone and let the cover opened. Connect the USB cable provided by BlackBerry to your computer then your phone, start the autoloader on your computer. When you see the "Connecting to bootrom..." message, put the battery back and the cover. Wait until the end of the process.
    11-28-14 06:58 AM
    Joshu42,

When i connect my Q10 to Link, and tap reload, it says "Connect device to reload software" it says to turn off my Q10 in order for the phone to reload but whenever i tun it off it automatically gets turned on again somehow..

Basically my mac does not recognize and connects to my Q10.

I cannot use the autoloader as it is for Windows, and i am using MAC.

Do you have any other solution ? I am so impressed to see that it happened on older BBs but not the newest ones and i seem to be the only one..
    12-01-14 04:10 PM
    Ok, well...
    • Start by uninstalling BlackBerry Link.
    • Reboot your Mac.
    • Download Link again here (I assume you're french ).
    • Install it.
    • Restart.
    • Unplug all USB devices.
    • Start Link.
    • Plug the USB cable provided by BlackBerry (not another micro-USB one).
    • Power off your phone.
    • Pull out the battery.
    • Plug it to the USB cable.
    • Wait...
    • Replace the battery. Link should now ask you if you want to boot or reload the device.
    • Choose the later.

If it's not working, don't you have another computer with a good old windows 7 somewhere ?
    12-01-14 05:38 PM
    I tried to do that and i did not function.. My Mac still does not recognizes (anymore) the blackberry

I will try to find a Windows computer but do you think it will recognize the BB when on my Mac it does not at all ?
    12-07-14 05:08 PM
    Can be a lot of thing... a diagnostic can be hard without the hardware in hands. Next thing will be to explore you MacOS configuration. It's easier for both of us if you try first on another software environment, and it can help to target the issue. Hope it will be ok on a Windows 7 setup with Link. If not, there is still the autoloader option on Windows.

Good luck !
    12-07-14 07:41 PM
    Hi, have you solved the problem?
    I released the rom, and the same result came out, it seems not only the rom, but also the basic documents.
    When I was reinstall rom, the light is green, when it done, fresh light red like 10111111. To make sure the battery' influence, I did that without the battery too. But it can not work.

Posted via CB10
    12-09-14 12:54 AM
    Did you try doing the steps with the sim card removed. Not sure if that will help

Posted from my awesome Q10
    12-22-14 10:38 PM
    I got this problem also, It was initially blinking red, but after I pushed the power button for more than 10 seconds (procedure for OS reload in BB Link), the LED turned off but it never rebooted. Tried the autoload also. So does this mean I should send this to the repair center?
    12-30-14 04:24 AM
    Tried the autoload also.
    Did you try to solve your issue with the battery pull out method above ?
    12-30-14 04:43 AM
    Yes.

•Pull out the battery.
    •Plug it to the USB cable.
    •Wait...
    •Replace the battery. Link should now ask you if you want to boot or reload the device.
    •Choose the later.
    12-30-14 07:42 PM
    �Pull out the battery.
    �Plug it to the USB cable.
    �Wait...
    �Replace the battery. Link should now ask you if you want to boot or reload the device.
    �Choose the later.
    Try the same thing with an autoloader. Replace the battery when you have the "Connect to..." message.
    12-30-14 08:11 PM
    Did that also.
    12-30-14 10:25 PM
    Did that also.
    Ho ! It was something like a last resort... Don't hesitate to try several times. Use the USB cable provided by BlackBerry on an USB2.0 port (not 3.0). Unplug all your other USB Devices before trying again... Be brave !!!!!
    12-31-14 04:23 AM
    Another thing you can do if you don't care about what you've had on your device is SIC wipe your device this will totally wipe it ....then try and reboot with Mac s BlackBerry link, ive done this with a couple of my BlackBerry devices it brought them back to factory OS . But I'm also using Windows 7 ...
    I ve had no Mac systems to try on before.
    It's worth a try..
    Good Luck!!

Posted via CB10
    12-31-14 05:59 AM
    Will the Q10 turn on at all?

I had a similar issue with my Q10. An error occurred with an app and so I restarted the phone but instead of turning on, it would stay off, get very warm and the red led light would flash in an annoying pattern over and over. No computer (Windows or Mac) would recognize it so I couldn't even try to reload software or anything on my own.

I had to take it in and BB replaced it.
    12-31-14 09:09 PM