I've had my Q10 for several months and I'm quite happy with it aside from the CRAPPY phone service I'm currently getting from SPRINT.

I'm finding that my Q10 is spontaneously rebooting sometimes as much as 2-3 times a day. Not everyday, but it will happen when I pick it up to check something or go to use the camera or answer a call. I'm currently on OS 10.1 as SPRINT has yet to release an update.

Any idea's as to remedy the situation short of an OS update?

Thanks
    01-15-14 09:39 PM
    The battery contacts are most likely loose. If you compare your contact with the battery out, do they look different than the Z10? If so, you should be able to get it fixed under warranty still. Otherwise do the business card in the back to wedge it a little firmer in place if you don't want to be without it.

Posted via CB10
    01-15-14 09:57 PM
    Had this exact issue, tried multiple software leak versions... what finally cured it is putting a folded piece of paper behind the battery cover, over the battery. Your situation may differ, but apparently it's a known issue that the battery, while seeming to be tightly inserted, can get easily bumped and jolted which causes a reboot. If it is software based, I'd recommend grabbing the latest leak (1925, IIRC)- super stable and awesome

Posted via CB10
    01-15-14 09:59 PM
    If putting the piece of paper between the battery and the battery door doesn't work, try putting the piece of paper between the battery and the phone itself. I've heard success with both methods.

Posted via the super amazing BlackBerry Q10
    SK122387 likes this.
    01-15-14 10:03 PM
    The battery contacts are most likely loose. If you compare your contact with the battery out, do they look different than the Z10? If so, you should be able to get it fixed under warranty still. Otherwise do the business card in the back to wedge it a little firmer in place if you don't want to be without it.

Posted via CB10
    Not sure, what does the Z10 version look like?
    01-15-14 10:23 PM
    I am having this problem as well, honestly, I think that it is unacceptable that a $700 phone is needing to be jerry-rigged in order to make it work.

I have had my Q10 for just over 8 months, might it still be under warrenty?

Posted via CB10
    01-16-14 05:14 PM
    I've had this issue on my q10 as well. I've gone back to my z10 now for the last month or so and I like it a lot better. Flick typing is awesome

Posted via CB10 for Z10
    01-16-14 06:19 PM
    I agree a $700 phone shouldn't have to be rigged. But I have the same problem, did the business card try and haven't had an issue since! Do not feel like waiting for a warranty or refurbished phone!

Posted via CB10
    01-16-14 06:50 PM
    This isn't a device-wide issue.

I got two white Q10s and they don't do this, and neither does my mom's black Q10. My black Q10 does this though, and I've found that the Post-It Note between the battery and battery door works. Ghetto, yes. But am I going to suffer through an occasionally reboot phone because on principal I think it should work without help? NOPE.
    01-16-14 07:18 PM
    I am having this problem as well, honestly, I think that it is unacceptable that a $700 phone is needing to be jerry-rigged in order to make it work.

I have had my Q10 for just over 8 months, might it still be under warrenty?

Posted via CB10
    It is unacceptable. I hope that the next generation doesn't have this problem.

I'd still prefer to jerry-rig it as opposed to waiting for a refurbished one that could have the same problem or even more!

01-16-14 10:43 PM
    It is unacceptable. I hope that the next generation doesn't have this problem.

I'd still prefer to jerry-rig it as opposed to waiting for a refurbished one that could have the same problem or even more!

Exactly! It is such a PITA and a pity. But at least we can easily treat the issue, I guess.

Posted via CB10
    01-16-14 11:27 PM