Hey together,

I read about the problems with Q10 reboots; with my first battery I had such a thing; after changing battery, it got much better.

Now, the last couple of weeks, I realized a very strange bevahior. When I visited my parents house, the phone reboots. I don't know why, but always when I visit them, it certainly does.
    Since I don't visit them that often, I didn't care so much about it.

In the last couple of days, I had a LOT of reboots; my phone just got one a couple of minutes before I wrote this. Today, I had about 7 or 8 reboots. But the strange thing was during the last 3 of them, I didn't touch the device. I sat before the handset and watched it reboot 3 times
    In the morning, it rebooted and then stopped because of low battery. After I connected it with a power supply, it started up and had about 65%...

What do you guys think? New battery (about 2 years old) or is my device having issues?
    01-30-17 12:26 PM
    2 years old is kinda old for a battery. Change it if you can.
    01-30-17 12:43 PM
    Hey together,

I read about the problems with Q10 reboots; with my first battery I had such a thing; after changing battery, it got much better.

Now, the last couple of weeks, I realized a very strange bevahior. When I visited my parents house, the phone reboots. I don't know why, but always when I visit them, it certainly does.
    Since I don't visit them that often, I didn't care so much about it.

In the last couple of days, I had a LOT of reboots; my phone just got one a couple of minutes before I wrote this. Today, I had about 7 or 8 reboots. But the strange thing was during the last 3 of them, I didn't touch the device. I sat before the handset and watched it reboot 3 times
    In the morning, it rebooted and then stopped because of low battery. After I connected it with a power supply, it started up and had about 65%...

What do you guys think? New battery (about 2 years old) or is my device having issues?
    Your issue may be that the battery is not seating itself properly (it's a fairly common issue). Try placing a bit of thin plastic on the battery and then replacing the cover.

Posted using a Q10, 10.3.2.2474.
    01-30-17 03:20 PM
    It will almost certainly be the infamous Q10 loose battery syndrome. Search the CB Q10 forums there are lots of threads, posts & fixes.
    Use a small piece of card folded/wedged above and over your battery to create a better/tighter connection at the terminals. A quick & simple fix that has worked for me and many other Q10 users.

--
    Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using CB Tapatalk
    01-31-17 02:20 AM
    It will almost certainly be the infamous Q10 loose battery syndrome.
    Thanks, I'm well aware of this issue and this was not the fault. That's why I mentioned, that it happened without even touch the device

I found my old battery, and tried it, no reboots occured since then. So I ordered a new one and hope that this solves the problem. Thanks again!

BTW: I hope mercury does not also need a new battery after short since it's not replaceable
    01-31-17 06:33 AM
    Thanks, I'm well aware of this issue and this was not the fault. That's why I mentioned, that it happened without even touch the device
    OK, certainly not trying to teach my grandmother to suck eggs
    I would however add that a loose battery (poor connection) can lead to very random reboots i.e. you don't have to be shaking the Q10. It can simply result from insufficient power being provided during a power hungry operation.

Good Luck – hopefully you can resolve the issue with a replacement battery, please do update the thread if & when you work out what's going on
    01-31-17 07:03 AM
    I had something similar with my Z10. I simply reset the phone after backing it up via BB Link. Since then it's running fine, even though I did load the backup.

Don't know what kind of an hick up it had, but I'm glad it recovered, so maybe you could try that out, too sometime if nothing else helps.
    02-02-17 03:56 AM
    Wonder if this problem occurs with other phones that have removable batteries as well? Still, would take removable over non-removable when I can.
    02-03-17 09:14 PM
    Wonder if this problem occurs with other phones that have removable batteries as well? Still, would take removable over non-removable when I can.
    If you've only got those two pieces of information (Rebooting phone, phone has removable batteries) it's insufficient to speak about a direct connection of those two things. I'm not saying there are no phones out there, where a bad connection of the battery is the reason for an unwanted reboot. I'm simply saying there are other reasons, you might want to consider, too.

The software is one of the things. And even though I don't know where exactly to look for the problem, I could fix the reboot problem by reloading the OS.
    02-04-17 06:21 AM
    2 years don't seem like a lot to me. However you can check your battery with Battery Guru for example. Take a drain test and see how the capacity is doing.

And if you really want to buy a "new" battery, then you kind of need a lot of luck. Cause LiPoly batteries should not be stored empty for a long time. Given the date of production that could be a real problem. Although there are a lot of fake batteries and used ones out there. I bought a spare battery for my Z10 and it just about had the same capacity as my current battery got.
    02-04-17 06:27 AM
    I just having the same issue
    Re booting every hours
    Can I have best suggestion

Posted via CB10
    04-16-17 12:32 PM
    There are several suggestions listed in this thread. Try them.

Posted via CB10
    04-16-17 01:47 PM
    One rule about these batteries.

They are supposed to be totally flat. If they have a bulge of any sort in the middle of the battery, replace it.

Here is my spare that I carry in my pocket. I alternate it back and forth with the current one in my phone. They tend to last about 1 year or so before a bulge begins to form.

As you can see, it has a slight bulge so I bought two more on ebay yesterday and should arrive in a couple of days.

Anyways, see the slight bulge?
    Q10 Reboot - without touching/carrying it?-img_20170416_125427.jpg

Q10 Reboot - without touching/carrying it?-img_20170416_125414.jpg

Q10 Reboot - without touching/carrying it?-img_20170416_125345.jpg

Q10 Reboot - without touching/carrying it?-img_20170416_125329.jpg

 Q10 SQN100-5/10.3.3.2049 T-Mobile with Wi-Fi calling
    04-16-17 02:56 PM