Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree30Likes
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,424 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dj Teknision View Post
    The Q10 have a big screen? It looks just a half inch bigger than my 9930 and I would never suffer to watch a full movie on the 9930.

Q10 screen
    DISPLAY Type Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
    Size 720 x 720 pixels, 3.1 inches (~328 ppi pixel density)

9930 screen
    Type TFT capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
    Size 640 x 480 pixels, 2.8 inches (~286 ppi pixel density)

I do not think a jump from 2.8 inch screen to 3.1 screen would make movie viewing anymore pleasurable.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    Take your 9930, imagine the screen would go all the way down right above the edges of the T and Y keys. There you have the new screen size of the Q10. I have done those messurements a couple of times now, that pretty much equals the mentioned 3.1" for the Q.

About the movies: IMO everyone who gets a classic QWERTY formfactor device knows first that this ain't no entertainment monster. Besides even on my 4" phone for work viewing movies ain't actually good. A friend of mine has a Samsung S3 and even on that 4.8" display I still dislike any movie watching, even "on the go". The 7" display of my Playbook would be the very low-end size for me to somehow enjoy mobile movies. Everything below is siimply the same, poor experience.
    wyabcp likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thanks to Crackberry.com I will be getting the Z10 to cure my needs for BB10. The Q10 is looking amazing so I am pretty sure I will also get the Q10 with new contract. may be able to wait out to see what other phones BBRY brings to market in near future. I really want the keyboard but I need the all touch to show off.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    PIN
    2ADA5538

I hope this phone worth the waiting for, because I'm waiting for it for 1 year now... And I don't like to wait for nothing haha.
    I'm sure this photo,en is going to be wonderful...after all,what wouldn't it be? It has a perfect keyboard,a really beautiful new os and all the app we want... What else?
    French Blacberry addict. Q10.
    BBKrzy likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,752 Global Posts

OMG, just out of curiosity I looked at AT&T for a REFURBISHED Bold 9900 without a contract and they are charging $549... Wow...
    Thanked by:
    sotgl3000 (02-25-2013) 
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,341 Global Posts

I am very weary of one thing with this device - how the 720 x 720 screen handles apps and media. It's so different from anything else I've played with ... wonder how much developers are going to support that unique form factor.
    ------------------------------------
    I like how BlackBerry 10 is evolving, but when are they going to fix BlackBerry Link for Mac?

The fact that it doesn't reliably do what it's supposed to do ... most of the time ... is utterly appalling. The only consistency is the "Music not copied to Z10 message"
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,859 Global Posts
    PIN
    excepting applications

Default Q10 really worth waiting for?

So perrrtttyyyy.

Sent from  using Tapatalk
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Q10 really worth waiting for?-tapaupload0.jpg  
    I waited...It launched...Im still waiting...
    westiewanderer likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    515 Global Posts

Yes, yes, yes. IMO, Q10 is definitely worth the wait. Still loving my 9900; a few more months won't kill me.
  8. BGK
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,447 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dosto View Post
    Yes, yes, yes. IMO, Q10 is definitely worth the wait. Still loving my 9900; a few more months won't kill me.
    Dammit - the voice of reason - I was really inching towards a Z10 now and a Q10 when it comes out and now common sense rears up and slaps me Gibbs style. LoL
    BGK
    libertybk on Twitter
    Canada/USA
    CrackBerry Master

PIN
    2B631BE4

Z10 has been released in India with expected high price. This high price will impact sale of Z10. Very difficult for BB to regain market share.
    Prithvi (pin:2B631BE4)Z30/10.2.1.3253)
    BBKrzy likes this.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #85  

If the retail/no contract price is 600 and/or above im not going to bother until my contract ends.. I'll just be happy with a 9930.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Cool I believe it is!

You are not the most impatient in the world - I already have that distinction. And I'm not even a youngster. I will wait for the Q10, and then savor it. Blackberry is well worth it ....
    Enjoy, and be patient for this one.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #87  

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Hancock View Post
    You are not the most impatient in the world - I already have that distinction. And I'm not even a youngster. I will wait for the Q10, and then savor it. Blackberry is well worth it ....
    Enjoy, and be patient for this one.
    Haha that's really a matter of opinion. You can't be very impatient if you are willing to wait god knows how long for the Q10.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    171 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BBKrzy View Post
    If the retail/no contract price is 600 and/or above im not going to bother until my contract ends.. I'll just be happy with a 9930.
    Honestly going from a iPhone5 to 9930 is such a downgrade, yes the keyboard is awesome but spec wise and Web browsing and apps, the 9930 slacks in...

If you have been without a BlackBerry physical keyboard for this long a few more months isn't going to kill you, the Q10 will be worth the wait!

Posted via CB10
    Speedygi likes this.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    848 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BBKrzy View Post
    The one ***** that is pre selling the q10 on ebay. He told me he doesn't think verizon will carry the z10 or q10 in white, just black. He said he has connections with verizon and both will be available to him in march. Plus he said he gets a 25% discount on his bill every month. Idk?
    well, he is wrong on the z 10, because verizon has exclusivity on selling the z10 in white...which means everyone else will only be able to release in black to start....the q10 scares me though, because if verizon got the exclusive rights to sell the z10 in white first...then it stands to reason that maybe somebody else got the rights to sell the q10 in white first....GRRRRRR!! Im with you though...I only want the q10 in white...despite that sexy glass weave they put on the back of the black one!!
    ~ Still waters run deep ~
    BBKrzy likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Default Re: Q10 really worth waiting for?

I'm excited for the white as well.
    Sprint Q10
    32GB Playbook
    BBKrzy likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,571 Global Posts

Default Q10 really worth waiting for?

If you've held out this long, you can probably hold out for a month and two weeks more.

Don't be afraid to THANK or LIKE

BBM: 7A03E5E9

What is the ultimate BlackBerry? The ultimate BlackBerry would be a device with the screen size of the Z10 along with the physical keyboard of the Q10 and the battery life of the Z30. This, would be the ultimate BlackBerry. Why they haven't built it yet remains one of the greatest mystery of BlackBerry.

CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    2bb37f14

I saw on N4BB that it will be on T-Mobile sometime in May. That's perfect for me, because I plan on getting the Z10 to get some BlackBerry 10, and then get the Q10 when it launches. The Q10 is my dream BlackBerry (which was the 9900 before), but I'd kind of feel like I'd be missing out on the full BB10 experience if I didn't get the Z10. But I view the Z10 in the same way I view other big touchscreen phones...great for people who really like to watch stuff on their phone, use it as a media player, and browse the web a lot..I don't really use my BlackBerry like that, and the Q10 is much more inline with my needs (great keyboard, those shortcuts we all love, and the usual BlackBerry form factor).
    Sean

Twitter: @SeanKelleher
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default q10 worth waiting for

trust me just wait for the q10 its the best phone your gonna ever use, and it has the new bb10 OS system
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    619 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SK122387 View Post
    I saw on N4BB that it will be on T-Mobile sometime in May. That's perfect for me, because I plan on getting the Z10 to get some BlackBerry 10, and then get the Q10 when it launches. The Q10 is my dream BlackBerry (which was the 9900 before), but I'd kind of feel like I'd be missing out on the full BB10 experience if I didn't get the Z10. But I view the Z10 in the same way I view other big touchscreen phones...great for people who really like to watch stuff on their phone, use it as a media player, and browse the web a lot..I don't really use my BlackBerry like that, and the Q10 is much more inline with my needs (great keyboard, those shortcuts we all love, and the usual BlackBerry form factor).
    I agree. I think with the way that the Z10's keyboard has been so well implemented, it only makes sense to consider the Q10 if you are heavily into messaging with a physical keyboard and/or require very long battery life. For the typical smartphone user, the Q10 will have too many drawbacks, so the Z10 is where they should focus their attention.
    CrackBerry User

I m affraid I will have to wait for the summer at the earlierst for q10 in my country,maybe even fall.But dont mind,its worth it.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    602 Global Posts
    PIN
    76A74FF2

It would be NUTS not to wait 4 more weeks for a new OS that developers are focusing on, I'm afraid OS7 like my 9930 soon will be totally brushed to the side
    CrackBerry Newbie

Yes! Q10 is indeed the cellphone that is worth waiting. There are so many reasons for this I think you will find this article helpful.

Link - 5 Reasons to Wait for Blackberry Q10 - Yahoo! Voices - voices.yahoo.com
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,055 Global Posts
    PIN
    CH between your cheek and gum, gives you great tobacco flavor, without lighting up

Quote Originally Posted by Figgy Jammy View Post
    Yes! Q10 is indeed the cellphone that is worth waiting. There are so many reasons for this I think you will find this article helpful.

Link - 5 Reasons to Wait for Blackberry Q10 - Yahoo! Voices - voices.yahoo.com
    Ok Figgy - I saw you link this in 3 other posts! LOL -- for me though, #5 in the list - exclusivity, would be one of the reasons, among others of course....

You really have to look at your needs to see if this device is worth waiting for. While I have got used to having a touchscreen, I don't think, based on my core needs, that I truly NEED a full touch device. The 4 main advantages to the full touchscreen:

1). Viewing videos
    2). Browsing the web
    3). Navigation
    4). Showing pics to friends

Those are the advantages as I see them. Maybe you feel the same way. Regardless, you still can do all of these things with the Q10. Just not as optimally as you could with a bigger screen. Now, the trade off you gain by going with the Q10 over the Z10, is largely TBD. We have seen pics and vids of it. But I simply must hold this device (with annoying security cable) and use it before I will commit.

Are the keyboard shortcuts going to be there? How bad are we going to miss the call/end buttons? How awkward is it to have the Q10 charging while holding it and typing? It is questions like this that, until answered, will determine ultimately if this beast is worth the wait.

Oh hogwash - I'm getting it first.
    People say, it's not the size of the boat, it's the motion of the ocean that counts....
    But you can't get to China in a canoe.
    My Smartphone saga
    Curve 8330 (Own) > Palm Pre + (POS) > Storm2 (Stolen) > Droid X (Sold) > Bold 9650 (Own) > iPhone 4 (Sold) > Bold 9930 (Traded) > iPhone 4 (Current)

VZW iPhone 4 16GB White
    iOS 5.0.1 Untethered JB
    EZ4U2NV Theme with Motion
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234