I have a SNQ-003 on the Fido network and I woke up this morning to find my phone off (or frozen on a black screen, it wouldn't unlock so I held the power button and it started or maybe restarted).

This is the second time this has occur since I got the phone (on launch day, May 1). Has anyone else experienced this problem (and if so found the cause)?

Could this be caused by the same issue that occasionally causes a few Z10's to reboot (since the Q10 doesn't automatically start with the battery in)?

Posted via CB10 on my Q10
    05-20-13 10:16 AM
    I had this issue ..

It's working fine after upgrading ^_^
    05-20-13 12:22 PM
    I have a SNQ-003 on the Fido network and I woke up this morning to find my phone off (or frozen on a black screen, it wouldn't unlock so I held the power button and it started or maybe restarted).

This is the second time this has occur since I got the phone (on launch day, May 1). Has anyone else experienced this problem (and if so found the cause)?

Could this be caused by the same issue that occasionally causes a few Z10's to reboot (since the Q10 doesn't automatically start with the battery in)?

I'm sorry to hear about your phone there williaml.
    I also got the SNQ-003 on the Fido network(grabbed it launch day as well) and I dont seem to have any rebooting issues.
    Still on version .238 as there was no update on bb link or on the phone update system.
    05-20-13 12:54 PM
    Upgrading to the new OS (10.1.0.1720)? I hope Fido gets it soon.

Mine works fine most of the time too (I think the first time may have been an issue with an Android port that was running, so this is the first time with no open apps).

05-20-13 01:05 PM
    I have experienced random Q10 shutdowns almost daily and on at least two days, four or five random shutdowns. Most frequently the problem is the black-screen and the need to restart following a time-out or in holster hibernation. However, during one extended teleconference, my Q10 spontaneously shut down three times over the course of 10 minutes. A second teleconference immediately following the first was conducted without incident.
    My carrier, Rogers, is evidently oblivious to the problem.
    05-21-13 07:36 AM
    I've had mine shut down twice and I purchased it on the launch date. The only way to fix it was a battery pull and that just reminded me of my 9900 all over again. So far I'm a little disappointed in my Q10.

Posted via CB10
    05-21-13 07:46 AM
    I have the same issue. The screen does not turn on after receiving a message or email while it's in the holster. I've replaced the phone too and it still happens.

Posted via CB10
    05-23-13 05:29 AM
    This is exactly what happens to my Q10. Really annoying. Randomly restarts multiple times a day. Help please!!
    09-01-13 08:07 AM
    I'm having similar issue but while typing it just reboots. Happening frequently, I'm nearly ready to switch my allegiance Plz help. Q10
    01-26-14 02:09 AM
    I've had mine shut down twice and I purchased it on the launch date. The only way to fix it was a battery pull and that just reminded me of my 9900 all over again. So far I'm a little disappointed in my Q10.

Posted via CB10
    My BlackBerry q10 switched off after upgrading it to the latest os. Such a disappointment. RIM you never can earn a coin from me anymore.
    01-30-14 08:50 AM
    Yes. At first I thought there was some mistake on my part, such as pressing the power button when sliding the phone into the holster. However, I have come the conclusion the three to five times a week it happens since I began using the phone late year is a defect in either the hardware or software.

As a long time BB user I have never before experienced this issue.

Any ideas? Have tried the battery pull, the SIM, factory install, etc.
    02-20-14 11:51 PM
    What does blackberry have to say about this?

Posted via CB10
    02-21-14 12:04 AM
    For those having issues with the phone shutting down / rebooting before the battery reaches 1% try this (also make sure you're on the latest 10.2.1.2141 OS too):

Don't use generic or weak chargers with your Q10. They throw off the charging circuits. To recalibrate and solve your issues follow these steps: Take out the dead battery, SIM card and SD card. Plug in the original BlackBerry charger that came with the phone. Hold the power button for 3 seconds or until you see the red light come on. Leave the phone in this state for at least 2 minutes or until it shuts off completely on it's own. You may or may not see the red battery outline or the white blackberry logo on the screen. Plug out the charger and leave everything out for 1 hour. Replace everything and allow the phone to charge. Never use weak chargers on your Q10 again.

I'm not saying that weak chargers are the cause or the only thing that can trigger this flaw in the phones but it is a factor in many cases of battery charging circuit miscalibration.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-14 05:52 AM
    Unfortunately, nothing.
    02-21-14 04:09 PM
    Thank you.

Will try your advice - however, have only used the BB supplied cable and charger. And of course the computer.
    02-21-14 04:11 PM