Ok let me preface this by saying I have skin condition which means my skin produces excess natural oils (not a lot, but more than normal). Apologies if that sounds nasty but it's just the way things are.

Now when I touch my Q10 screen my fingers will leave smudges, like they do on any screen on any device. However for some reason on the Q10 the smudges actually visually impair viewing the screen. The smudges actually distort the image below them and I have to wipe the screen almost constantly while I use it. I have to wash my hands constantly in order to use my Q10's touchscreen without this issue. I already wash my hands more than the average person due to said oil problem.

Is this due to the type of screen material the Q10 uses? My Z10 and my previous Android LG did not have this issue and I don't have it on my fathers Passport either. I'm guessing this is due to a glass screen as opposed to a plastic one? I would rather not use a screen protector as I don't like what they do to the screens quality and feel.

I'm considering even selling the Q10 for a Q5 or something because this is such a problem for me.

Update: I think I'm going to pop my SIM back into my Z10 and just sell the Q10. I have other issues with it like disliking the screen size and I've come to detest the look of AMOLED.
    Last edited by Thalestr; 03-26-15 at 12:42 PM. Reason: See post.
    03-26-15 12:25 PM
    Update: I think I'm going to pop my SIM back into my Z10 and just sell the Q10. I have other issues with it like disliking the screen size and I've come to detest the look of AMOLED.
    Lol. Resolved.

To answer your question though, I found the same thing you did. It seems excessively prone to fingerprints than some other devices.
    03-26-15 01:08 PM
    Lol. Resolved.

To answer your question though, I found the same thing you did. It seems excessively prone to fingerprints than some other devices.
    I know, it's actually impressive how smudge-happy this thing is. I have to hold a screen/lens cleaning cloth while I use my Q10 just so I can see the screen after using it for 5 minutes.

I expected issues with the Q10, considering I moved from a Z10, but this was not one of the issues I thought I would find haha.
    03-26-15 01:15 PM
    did you try with "Anti-glare / anti-fingerprint screen protector" ? feels good and ok to use . Try it , they are cheap .
    03-26-15 02:37 PM
    did you try with "Anti-glare / anti-fingerprint screen protector" ? feels good and ok to use . Try it , they are cheap .
    Nah I put it up for sale already. I don't want to invest any more money into it after getting a case for it. My biggest beef with the Q10 is the screen and that includes the smudging. I don't think I can live with it. One of the worst quality screens I've used on a phone in awhile.
    03-26-15 04:09 PM
    Word !
    03-26-15 04:17 PM
    No

Posted via CB10
    03-26-15 05:11 PM
    No

Posted via CB10
    Ok?
    03-26-15 07:32 PM
    Q10 worst quality screen? Lol. Have u seen the classic?

You're confused dude.

Posted via CB10
    03-26-15 07:47 PM
    Q10 worst quality screen? Lol. Have u seen the classic?

You're confused dude.

Posted via CB10
    Yes I have used a classic. Looks great to me.

Posted via Z10
    03-26-15 09:48 PM
    I've always thought that BlackBerry 10 devices' olephobic coating's the worst and lasted basically nothing.

You could try buying a kit on Amazon and applying it.
    03-26-15 10:15 PM
    I put a glass protector on mine.. maybe you can try that out.
    03-27-15 08:37 AM
    I put a glass protector on mine.. maybe you can try that out.
    I sold the Q10. Went back to my Z10.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on Tab 4
    03-27-15 11:37 AM