View Poll Results: Is the Q10 priced too high?

Voters
107. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

70 65.42%
  • No!

20 18.69%
  • Maybe. We'll see after the numers come out

15 14.02%
  • I Don't care I'm Loving my Z10!! (or other phone)

2 1.87%
    There has been a lot of debate about this so lets settle it once and for all.
    04-23-13 10:04 PM
    I think it's too high.

Posted via CB10
    04-23-13 11:16 PM
    I've never put a price on my blackberry!

Posted via CB10
    04-23-13 11:21 PM
    I voted maybe because it's too high for me on launch day, but probably not too high for others. I'll wait for $50 or $100 lower sale price and snatch it up then. I think I can survive.
    04-23-13 11:22 PM
    The pricing "smacks" of the 99xx being priced past that of top dog Droids and the iphone...
    ...Horrible app selection compared to i.o.s. and Droid and the flagship shipped with a Fisher Price camera.
    ...BBRY needs to get it's products into as many new hands as it can.

Having a phone that's priced above it's competition when it's still debatable that it's even "caught up" to it's competition...
    ...Is insulting to say the least - it's a BAD MOVE without question.
    ...Now, perhaps BBRY doesn't really need to make sales in North America given it's market share elsewhere.

Very few people would pay 199.00 for a three year contract and even less would pay $250.00 for a two...
    ...To be honest I'm surprised the Q10 will be priced this way.
    ....It's a sure way to cull sales and is an insulting reminder to those who paid $250.00 for their 99xx Bold's!
    04-23-13 11:33 PM
    I voted yes. But honestly am I going to not pay a bill to buy this phone in the most irresponsible way...... *censored* YEA!!!!
    04-23-13 11:46 PM
    It's too high? Doesn't blackberry want to be competitive? If the z10 can sell for $600 and achieve a good profit margin then surely they can price the q10 the same. I hope they know what they're doing, because I really want to see Bb10 succeed

Posted via CB10
    04-23-13 11:50 PM
    150.00 max, or I will be sticking with my WP 8x
    Sent from my HTC6990LVW using Foroplex
    04-24-13 12:15 AM
    How about pricing for buying outright? Thanks.

Post via CB Z10
    04-24-13 12:39 AM
    Looks like I'm dropping another 650 in weeks to come. *sigh*

Posted via CB10
    04-24-13 01:20 AM
    a higher subsidized price fix ala US carriers....i predict a strong quarter for BlackBerry
    04-24-13 05:23 AM
    They need to start selling unlocked phones directly from their website rather than having third party retailers and carriers dictate the price.

$400-$500 unsubsidized directly from BB would be much appreciated. I never sign contracts when I buy phones because the contract limits you to the worst selection of monthly plans, while going off-contract (i.e. prepaid) gives you a selection of plans that offer more for less (and it's the same bloody carrier). When you measure the cumulative cost over 2-3 years it often makes more sense to buy the phone outright and get a relatively cheap plan (that still includes a decent amount of data), than to get it for "free" or a "lower price" on a contract.
    Unbiased Tech and Pain like this.
    04-24-13 08:10 AM
    They need to start selling unlocked phones directly from their website rather than having third party retailers and carriers dictate the price.

$400-$500 unsubsidized directly from BB would be much appreciated. I never sign contracts when I buy phones because the contract limits you to the worst selection of monthly plans, while going off-contract (i.e. prepaid) gives you a selection of plans that offer more for less (and it's the same bloody carrier). When you measure the cumulative cost over 2-3 years it often makes more sense to buy the phone outright and get a relatively cheap plan (that still includes a decent amount of data), than to get it for "free" or a "lower price" on a contract.
    Yeah would be a cool idea. Rocking sim only contracts and buying from BB directly would be awesome.
    04-24-13 08:26 AM
    Yes .. it should be priced the same as the Z10. I suspect that the z10 is going to be cheaper because there is a Galaxy clone coming and no larger QWERTY coming soon. If the Q10 had a 3.5 inch screen I would say yes it is worth premium pricing. They would have sold a lot more 9900 's if the price had been lower... Blackberry sales that for the most part are gone forever.
    04-24-13 09:02 AM
    I wish it was cheaper. If it was I'd buy it and sell my Z10. Or keep both I'm sure in a month it'll drop 50$ and then eventually even more. By the summer I don't see it being more than the Z10 was at launch

Posted via CB10
    04-24-13 10:32 AM
    I don't know what Blackberry is thinking to put a price like this on it. They can make the same amount of money by sealing high volumes with less price on unit.

If you buy it off contract like I want to, it is insane.

I think they adopted a wrong price strategy, but who knows, maybe i don't consider all the factors and I'm wrong, but I hurt my pocket.
    04-24-13 11:56 AM
    Is this $50 which divided over 2 years is $2.08/ month really going to stop anyone from buying this phone on contract?
    04-24-13 01:58 PM
    Is this $50 which divided over 2 years is $2.08/ month really going to stop anyone from buying this phone on contract?
    Because that's not how it works in reality (except on T-Mobile I guess?). You pay that up front. Some people with tight budgets, such as myself, can't make it happen or can't justify it.
    Unbiased Tech likes this.
    04-24-13 03:57 PM
    I think both phones are too high in regards to the competing phones out there right now...If Blackberry doesn't adjust their pricing very soon there will be a lot of QQ and ZzZ soon.

Sorry couldn't resist
    04-24-13 04:53 PM
    It's price is right for launch but expect it to go down shortly after by at least 50$

Posted via CB10
    04-24-13 04:59 PM
    I have responded maybe. First you have to handle it yourself to feel the quality. It's probably a real high end device. Then you have to see the company marketing: if BlackBerry wants to be seen as a premium brand, it has to sell at premium price. It sounds snobbish, but that the world we are in.

A beautiful product without a high price tag looks suspicious.
    04-24-13 06:21 PM