Is there a way to prevent outgoing calls placed by inadvertently touching the ever-present phone icon in the lower left of the screen?

Is there a utility that blocks all outgoing calls or perhaps requires a long-press of the phone icon to activate the dialer?

Mistakenly placed calls can be embarrassing!
    12-21-14 06:27 PM
    On my Q10 touching that icon only opens the app. It does not automatically dial any numbers unless I touch one.

If yours is, perhaps a reboot or factory reset is needed.

Posted by a Proud NRA Supporter!
    12-22-14 02:37 AM
    Same here, touching the icon, simply launches the dialer, it doesn't start a call unless you either actually dial a number or select a previous call in the history. As a sidenote, I never touched that icon once by accident in all those 18+ months I own a Q10 now. I am always baffled what kind of problems rise with the touchscreen use of the Q10.

You might think about getting a Classic if you got the spare money: It has physical call buttons and that onscreen icon has been replaced with a Hub shortcut.

Posted via CB10
    12-22-14 03:36 AM
    Generally what happens to me is that I accidentally touch the phone icon and that opens up the recent calls list where one of the contacts then gets dialed. I tend to do this when putting my phone in my pocket, or move it around on my desk or something like that. It's human error on my part. As a work around, I try to be more aware of how I handle the phone. I'm trying to get in the habit of pressing the top button to dim the display. And yes, I'm seriously considering the BlackBerry Classic when it becomes available for Verizon's network.
    12-22-14 10:01 AM
    I tend to do this when putting my phone in my pocket, or move it around on my desk or something like that. It's human error on my part. As a work around, I try to be more aware of how I handle the phone. I'm trying to get in the habit of pressing the top button to dim the display.
    Try the official leather pouch, very useful. The LED is still visible. And the insert or pull of the phone can be programmed with function like locking the phone. You can also put a flat magnet on your desktop and just lay down the phone on it
    12-22-14 12:59 PM
    Try the official leather pouch, very useful. The LED is still visible. And the insert or pull of the phone can be programmed with function like locking the phone. You can also put a flat magnet on your desktop and just lay down the phone on it
    Good suggestion Joshu42. I've been using an older leather BlackBerry holster from a previous phone and I think the magnet isn't positioned correctly to properly affect my Q10. I may try a new case and see if that helps. Take care.
    Last edited by C-S-R; 12-23-14 at 09:31 AM.
    12-22-14 11:15 PM
    I didn't want to sound rude btw, I was just wondering
    In terms of cases, I also can suggest to take a look at the OEM leather pocket, it has a sleeping magnet which puts the device straight of when you insert it. So you can't accidentally touch anything when putting it in your pocket.

Another suggestion would be the OEM flip shell. It also has a magnet built into the cover, so when you close it, the device is put to sleep. Vice versa it wakes up when you just open the cover. It is a pretty convenient shell, even features a LED cut out.

Posted via CB10
    12-24-14 06:37 AM
    I will check out your suggestions. Thanks!
    12-24-14 10:47 PM
    Add a password to the lock screen. That way you can't activate the phone without putting in a pin first.

Posted via CB10
    12-26-14 05:42 PM