It's coming! Pre-register now to be the first to know when the new BlackBerry Q10 with a QWERTY keyboard is up for grabs from Virgin Mobile.

It's Better to be a Member - Mobile Phones - Virgin Mobile Canada
    03-21-13 01:42 PM
    Yep and my name is added. Hope they actually contact me this time. When I signed up for the Z10, they never sent me anything.
    03-21-13 08:50 PM
    Sorry to take this off-topic a little, but I am strongly considering a move to Virgin from Telus. Are you guys pretty happy with Virgin?
    03-22-13 04:01 AM
    Sorry to take this off-topic a little, but I am strongly considering a move to Virgin from Telus. Are you guys pretty happy with Virgin?
    Generally, yes... Reception is good in Ottawa but since Bell and Telus share infrastructure, it should be the same with Telus/Koodo as with Bell/Virgin. Customer service is fine though I rarely call them. You get some 'extras' like the odd discount from time to time but I have never used them.

I can understand not wanting to be with the parent company but why not switch to Koodo rather than Virgin since prices should be the same (and better right now if you were to buy the Z10 as Koodo has additional discounts)?
    03-22-13 10:08 AM
    You should never have any allegiance to any carrier, they are all scum. The difference is how much damage will this deal do to my wallet compared to another.

Just because you get a cheap price on phone not necessarily mean you getting the best deal. Most cases if you buy a phone on Tab, and get a low priced plan, you will need to pay off phone on average 4-5 years. So in some cases, it's better to get a contract.

Right now the best deal you can get on any new phone is Fido with their 2 year agreement and double minutes and data. Sometimes the stars align just right to get yourself a nice deal, Fido is your best bet right now unless you don't have Fido in your locality or has bad reception.

If you want to switch to low cost carriers like Koodo or Virgin, it's better to buy the phone on tab, to get all the deals like 100$ gift card or whatever, then pay the tab, and get the additional 10% off on your plan with no tab.

Contract and Tab have no difference anymore, it's simply how much money you have to spend to pay the phone depending on the agreement.
    03-22-13 03:37 PM
    I've been with Virgin for 7 or 8 yrs and I have zero complaints.
    03-23-13 11:31 AM