Hi, today at a football match I decided I want a Q10, there was a guy behind me belting out texts left right and centre and I almost felt embarrassed on my Z10! I've realised I'm missing my physical keyboards! Don't get me wrong I love the Z10 however the Q10 is so compact - so good looking! Now I have weird phone needs so I need your help; generally I either have a physical keyboard or a massive screen (Note3) physical keyboard preferred. But I need to know these things!
    - Will the Q10 get 10.3.1?
    - Are apps like Twitter or Facebook fitted to to the smaller screen if so add screen shots!
    - Is the camera as good as the Z10
    - Is Instagram (Android version) usable?
    - What's battery life like? I'm a heavy user and I use a 4500mah battery and burn through it in a day however I doubt it's as high capacity as when I first got it as I use to get 3-4 days!
    - I'm not bothered about YouTube videos I have an iPad Mini Retina but is the screen okay for watching say a 6 second vine?
    - Can you change the dark themes to white on BBM, CB10 etc if so list apps you can do this on?

Thanks I feel the Q10 is right for me and I can get one very cheap on eBay for around ?210 in excellent condition, not sure what this equates to in USD. All replies appreciated!
    Tell me your thoughts on your clicking keys I love the noise of physical keyboards!

Posted with my Black Z10
    04-27-14 01:50 PM
    Rest at ease, all your concerns are handled fine on the Q10. Now go out and get one. I know you want screenshots from FB and Twitter but it's exactly like the Z10, just a shorter screen. Width is the same. Battery life is quite good and should last you a day, unless you're streaming music/videos all day.
    04-27-14 01:55 PM
    Thanks black or white?

Posted with my Black Z10
    04-27-14 02:27 PM
    Battery life is good. Some people report it as amazing, but in my experience, it's average- however it will get through the day. Android apps will change that however.

Your other concerns are handled well by the Q10. The only thing I'm not sure about is the Instagram app. I've never tried it. Some Android apps, like the Starbucks and Snapchat app, are very difficult to use. However others like 2048 and Netflix work perfectly. It can vary, but thankfully there are apps in BlackBerry World that can take place of the Instagram app.

Posted via the super amazing BlackBerry Q10
    04-27-14 02:37 PM
    Hi, today at a football match I decided I want a Q10, there was a guy behind me belting out texts left right and centre and I almost felt embarrassed on my Z10! I've realised I'm missing my physical keyboards! Don't get me wrong I love the Z10 however the Q10 is so compact - so good looking! Now I have weird phone needs so I need your help; generally I either have a physical keyboard or a massive screen (Note3) physical keyboard preferred. But I need to know these things!
    - Will the Q10 get 10.3.1?
    - Are apps like Twitter or Facebook fitted to to the smaller screen if so add screen shots!
    - Is the camera as good as the Z10
    - Is Instagram (Android version) usable?
    - What's battery life like? I'm a heavy user and I use a 4500mah battery and burn through it in a day however I doubt it's as high capacity as when I first got it as I use to get 3-4 days!
    - I'm not bothered about YouTube videos I have an iPad Mini Retina but is the screen okay for watching say a 6 second vine?
    - Can you change the dark themes to white on BBM, CB10 etc if so list apps you can do this on?

Thanks I feel the Q10 is right for me and I can get one very cheap on eBay for around ?210 in excellent condition, not sure what this equates to in USD. All replies appreciated!
    Tell me your thoughts on your clicking keys I love the noise of physical keyboards!

Posted with my Black Z10
    The Q is a powerful device. I used to have the Z30 and sold it. I will be buying another Z30 to have best of both worlds. Good battery, good typing experience...etc. facebook and Twitter work great, but smaller screen. I use Igran as opposed to Instagram. The best thing I like about this device, but more so OS10 is the fact you can be running multiple apps at the same time without and hiccups.

Posted via CB10
    04-27-14 02:51 PM
    You can choose between Dark & Light themes in BBM, Calendar, Contacts & Text Messages.
    No Theme option for BlackBerry hub & Settings. personally find the Instagram app unusable since I have to go up & down in each picture to fully see it, so instead I use iGrann, it works better anyways since its a native BB10 client.
    Enjoy your future Q10 !

Posted via CB10
    04-27-14 03:01 PM
    Thanks black or white?

Posted with my Black Z10
    You can select black or white in all apps including BBM, the calendar, contacts, etc. The sideloaded Instagram apps worked flawlessly and smoothly for me. Same goes for iGrann.
    04-27-14 03:02 PM
    I'm in the same niche for my mobile needs as the OP. I constantly switch between my Z30 and Q10, but for productivity I choose Q10 and waiting for Q20 to arrive. I love the keyboard and the typing experience and not so influenced by the screen size.

Posted via CB10
    04-27-14 03:39 PM
    You can select black or white in all apps...
    B or W as in device color.

And we can't help you with that, that is a preference only you can answer. Which one do YOU want?

CDN
    04-27-14 03:53 PM
    No idea! Thanks for all your help guys!

Posted with my Black Z10
    04-27-14 04:16 PM
    Absolutely no problems with any of the stated concerns.

Basically it's common sense that this is more of a productive phone than a multimedia device, so there are of course better cameras and better devices for movies around. However, even for a short movie of a couple of minutes the Q10 is surprisingly convenient and it's speakers provide a clear sound.

To me it's an amazing device. Battery life could be better, but still gets you through a day, even as a heavy user. This may considerably vary from device to device though, as far as I have observed from the reports here on crackberry.

The only thing I would consider is waiting for the Q20 if I were you.

Posted via CB10
    04-27-14 04:21 PM
    I have been seeing more and more Q10's here in Boston..... I think that if you want the big screen people are still going with the iphone or GN3... but if you are a physical keyboard type of guy/girl.... The Q10 is perfect....The Q20 is going to be huge for BB
    04-27-14 04:21 PM
    personally find the Instagram app unusable since I have to go up & down in each picture to fully see it, so instead I use iGrann
    Did you hide the bottom bar? If not, swipe down from the top bezel and select to hid the bottom bar. You should then be able to see the full picture on the screen.
    04-27-14 04:24 PM
    I have been seeing more and more Q10's here in Boston..... I think that if you want the big screen people are still going with the iphone or GN3... but if you are a physical keyboard type of guy/girl.... The Q10 is perfect....The Q20 is going to be huge for BB
    I agree. I think the Q20 is going to be big. I personally cannot wait for its release. That is whenever Verizon releases it if ever.

Posted via CB10
    04-27-14 04:31 PM
    Thanks black or white?

Posted with my Black Z10
    For you to consider, back door of a black Q10, which is made of carbon fibre, is less slippery than that of a white Q!

Posted via CB10 on my Q10
    04-27-14 06:34 PM
    i have had two blacks and recently bought a white from shopblackberry and i must say that i think the whit is more beautiful than the black one, just sayin
    No idea! Thanks for all your help guys!

Posted with my Black Z10
    AlfieBriggs likes this.
    04-28-14 08:22 AM
    I have been seeing more and more Q10's here in Boston..... I think that if you want the big screen people are still going with the im in boston myself bro.iphone or GN3... but if you are a physical keyboard type of guy/girl.... The Q10 is perfect....The Q20 is going to be huge for BB
    04-28-14 08:23 AM
    I'm a new Q10 owner (about a week and a half) but I did have a Z10 for five months last year. Battery performance on the Q10 is much better. I don't burn up nearly as much juice as you do, but in relative terms you can expect the Q10 to last longer, given the same usage patterns.

The camera is the same.

The key clicking was quite pronouned when I first got the phone, but it's what I'd consider "normal" now--that is, it sounds like what I remember my previous BB keyboards sounding like.

There's no way to know whether the Q10 will get 10.3.1, but the only reason I can think that it wouldn't is if 10.3.1 requires more RAM to run. I'd be surprised if this is the case, but nothing is certain.
    04-28-14 08:33 AM
    I'm a new Q10 owner (about a week and a half) but I did have a Z10 for five months last year. Battery performance on the Q10 is much better. I don't burn up nearly as much juice as you do, but in relative terms you can expect the Q10 to last longer, given the same usage patterns.

The camera is the same.

The key clicking was quite pronouned when I first got the phone, but it's what I'd consider "normal" now--that is, it sounds like what I remember my previous BB keyboards sounding like.

There's no way to know whether the Q10 will get 10.3.1, but the only reason I can think that it wouldn't is if 10.3.1 requires more RAM to run. I'd be surprised if this is the case, but nothing is certain.
    That's great - I'm getting the Q10 is about 20 days! Hope it's a great phone I love Social apps and I believe the Q10 will be right for me I just enjoy physical keyboards I get sick of glass I think the Q5 looks cheap and is a step down in processing power compared to the Z10 and Q10! I'm not paying �500 for a Z30 when it'll be dirt cheap in a few months! Q is the away forward; best part is I ain't paying for my Q10 birthday present! Buzzing to type on CB10 Twitter Text and of course BBM! I'll be emailing for the heck of it my consistent problem is white or black?

Sent from my iPad using CB Forums
    04-28-14 02:46 PM
    I think you'll be happy with it. I can't put the damn thing down.

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk
    04-28-14 07:54 PM
    Battery life is good. Some people report it as amazing, but in my experience, it's average- however it will get through the day. Android apps will change that however.

Your other concerns are handled well by the Q10. The only thing I'm not sure about is the Instagram app. I've never tried it. Some Android apps, like the Starbucks and Snapchat app, are very difficult to use. However others like 2048 and Netflix work perfectly. It can vary, but thankfully there are apps in BlackBerry World that can take place of the Instagram app.

Posted via the super amazing BlackBerry Q10
    2048 is in BlackBerry world listed as native, fyi :-)

Posted via CB10
    04-28-14 10:20 PM
    I love my Q10 and really miss it as it was sent in under warranty for the double letter type issue. My loaner is the Q5 which I drain in 1/2 a day, everytime I put the 5 in the holster or take it out I hit the vol button and the notification changes from my preferred vibrate to normal! Please hurry up and send me back my Q10! You will enjoy it

Q10 & Loaner Q5 for two Weeks
    04-28-14 10:36 PM