I'm digging the Q10 so far (played with one briefly before battery died). Keyboard is obviously a delight and physical feel in the hand is comparable to the existing Bold. I didn't get a chance to compare back to back, but my impression is the 9900 feels thinner even though it isn't, probably because of the sloping back.

The one thing that worries me a bit is screen performance under daylight. I found that the 9900 was good outdoors for me even on sunny days. The AMOLED screens that I have seen haven't been as easy to read even with the brightness cranked up.
    02-06-13 01:11 PM
    I love everything about the phone, inside and out. I don't like the structure of the release. You know the states act like lil brats when it comes to releasing new devices. So why not have it ready for carrier testing the day of the announcement? So yes, the april date stings more than a little.
    02-06-13 02:25 PM
    Was in rogers store today playing with Z10 - terrific device. Smooth, sexy, good feel and performance to be sure. Have one on order and now waiting at store for pick up - but second guessing my decision - as while the keyboard experience on the Z10 was excellent I just can't see myself processing 200 emails a day on a touch screen.
    I use the ****e out of my 9900 - that keyboard is un-beatable imo. Android and Apple users love their phones for the apps and gadget aspect. Yippee. But I don't know anyone who swears by the keybaord input experience for emails etc. Mostly I hear complainers for that. I love using my 9900 for what is it - a business tool. And email workhorse. The Q10 will give me best of both worlds it seems. I am # 31 on the reservation list. I think I'm going to wait for the Q10 at this point. Call me crazy. I think i'll keep using my trusty 9900 untilthe Q10 debuts. Anyone wanting a good deal on a Z10 send me a private message. New in box
    craiggger likes this.
    02-06-13 03:10 PM
    Q10 is a great upgrade from the 9930. upgrade in july and it cant come soon enough!
    02-06-13 03:15 PM
    I have watched every video I can on the Q10. I feel like a little kid waiting for Christmas. Combining OS10's swiping, multitasking and hub features with a keyboard I can't wait to upgrade from my 9900.
    retomex likes this.
    02-06-13 04:39 PM
    I don't think apps will matter as much for this particular model. A lot of the people that will buy the Q10 will buy it primarily for the keyboard above all else. In that regard, there aren't many alternatives out there...

I want the Q10 and some apps are important to me. I do a lot of mobile banking on my phone. Yes, I realize I can just open up the browser, but an app is so much more convenient. Also, I enjoy being able to kill time with some entertainment as well. (not so much games, but videos etc.)
    02-07-13 03:12 PM
    Was in rogers store today playing with Z10 - terrific device. Smooth, sexy, good feel and performance to be sure. Have one on order and now waiting at store for pick up - but second guessing my decision - as while the keyboard experience on the Z10 was excellent I just can't see myself processing 200 emails a day on a touch screen.
    I use the ****e out of my 9900 - that keyboard is un-beatable imo. Android and Apple users love their phones for the apps and gadget aspect. Yippee. But I don't know anyone who swears by the keybaord input experience for emails etc. Mostly I hear complainers for that. I love using my 9900 for what is it - a business tool. And email workhorse. The Q10 will give me best of both worlds it seems. I am # 31 on the reservation list. I think I'm going to wait for the Q10 at this point. Call me crazy. I think i'll keep using my trusty 9900 untilthe Q10 debuts. Anyone wanting a good deal on a Z10 send me a private message. New in box

You're right about emailing on the iPhone. I've used both and emailing on the iPhone sucks when you're typing anything with any length to it. Emailing on a BB is a JOY. It's the keyboard, simply put.
    02-07-13 03:15 PM
    I'd a play with the 9900 some time ago and i believe that they keyboard will be just fine. The keyboard of the Z10 is straight as well and is easy to type on. So im expecting the same experience and flow of the typing. I'll definitely be getting a Q10 as I love the compromise of a gorgeous screen as well as a physical keyboard.
    02-07-13 03:17 PM
    I was definitely all in for the Z10, but lately after seeing the Q10 more and more, I might be slowly changing my mind.
    02-07-13 03:31 PM
    I'm sure enough about it to change my avatar.
    (Thank you, SCRABBLE)
    02-07-13 04:01 PM
35 12