Hello all,

As the title states, my OEM USB wire from BB has stopped working on my external BB battery charger. Very rarely, it will charge the battery in the external charger. I sometimes have to move it to another outlet or play with it a little bit for it to actually charge. Most of the time, the light will just blink that yellow color for hours, and the battery percentage won't increase, even after 10 hours of charging!

When I put that same battery into my phone, and have the stock wall charger and USB wire charge my phone, it works. Sometimes it asks me to connect the "original wire that came with the phone," but it is connected with the original wire! I have used a thicker gauged wire from mono-price and it charges the external charger with no problems.

My question is this: Is it bad to use a thicker gauged wire for charging batteries in my phone and in the external charger? I have noticed that when I do use the thicker gauge wire that actually works, it charges quickly but then my battery life [U]decreases/U].

Any suggestions here? Has anyone had anything similar happen to them? Maybe my USB wire from BB is damaged? Or weak? Will it be bad if I change wires?

What is the gauge of the OEM USB wire that BB provides?

Thank you all!!!!
    03-03-15 02:03 PM
    The OEM probably has like 1 or less amps of current.

The external battery probably requires 2amps.

I use a 2+amp cord for my charger and I haven't had any issues. The cord just allows more flow of current (coloumbs) .

Ur external charger should be fine

Posted via CB10
    03-04-15 09:15 AM
    Has your battery life decreased at all?
    03-04-15 11:17 PM