Have success with using earphones in lieu of speaker. I know it's not much of a help.
    07-16-15 03:35 PM
    /lurk
    07-19-15 10:23 PM
    Having the same issue with the volume on notifications. Was forced into the mandatory update for 10.3.2.556 and now the volume drops significantly for each notification, to the point where you couldn't possibly hear it if you were in a noisy environment. I had absolutely no problems with the volume prior to this update, in fact I had to turn down a few of my notifications because they could be a little too loud.
    Why do you say you were forced into the update? YOU have the power of accepting or rejecting the updates. It's a simple act of making your device's settings work for you, not your provider.

Posted using 10.2.1, thankfully not 10.3.2
    07-20-15 07:27 AM
    "Why do you say you were forced into the update?" Mandatory means it is required! Not voluntary by cellular service provider.

Still experience decrease in volume output with 10.3.XXXX.
    07-20-15 02:07 PM
    I also went through the "mandatory" update within the past week. Yes the volume is now lower. There is also another problem I would like to know if anyone has had this? I can not shut off the notification sound to selected contacts. I do not want all my contacts to be audible but even though I custom set contacts to silent, the phone does not stop announcing those people. Is BBY aware of the issue?
    07-22-15 05:44 PM
    I also went through the "mandatory" update within the past week. Yes the volume is now lower. There is also another problem I would like to know if anyone has had this? I can not shut off the notification sound to selected contacts. I do not want all my contacts to be audible but even though I custom set contacts to silent, the phone does not stop announcing those people. Is BBY aware of the issue?
    Even if Blackberry is aware of the problems, it does not mean that they will act on their knowledge, aside from ignoring the issues raised by their loyal clients.

07-23-15 06:27 AM
    This volume thing is a real issue and it's driving me crazy! Missed a few phone calls the other day. I just tweeted on Michael Clewley's page to see if I get some feedback, everyone should do the same.
    Last edited by cespinal; 07-23-15 at 10:00 AM.
    07-23-15 09:09 AM
    Please bear with me. I "cup" my phone with my palm to "amplify" my sending and receiving. This especially is necessary when talking with ambient noise around. Have had some success with earphones as previously stated by me.
    The notification ring (ATT) calls for diligence upon my part!
    These were not a problem on 10.2.XXXX stock.
    07-23-15 12:19 PM
    The reason why I said that I was "forced" into the update was due to the simple and inescapable fact that I WAS forced into the update. It didn't offer me the option to reject it, it was downloaded and installed and there was absolutely no option given for me to opt out of it.
    08-05-15 03:05 PM
    The reason why I said that I was "forced" into the update was due to the simple and inescapable fact that I WAS forced into the update. It didn't offer me the option to reject it, it was downloaded and installed and there was absolutely no option given for me to opt out of it.
    I see, that was your own doing unknowingly by not adjusting your settings to disallow automatic downloading or upgrading (even though it is truly a downgrade when the device becomes all but useless).

08-06-15 07:42 AM
    I see, that was your own doing unknowingly by not adjusting your settings to disallow automatic downloading or upgrading (even though it is truly a downgrade when the device becomes all but useless).

While I cannot speak for everyone, here in the US on Verizon the update was forced and installed. My settings for Automatic Updates was turned off so it should not have allowed this to happen but since it is a mandatory update I had no choice in the matter. Christopher Stanfield might have been set up the same way. You don't know his status or his settings.
    08-06-15 10:24 AM
    Another OS tried...still a thumbs down
    Installed 10.3.1 in my friends Q10 last week and his output volumes too sux

Q10SQN100-3/10.3.2.2204
    08-09-15 07:35 AM
    I had volume problem just on one leak( cant remember nr. It was 10.2.xxx ) and i did wipe and used autoloader . Last 4-5 updates i did with sachesi (Linux) and never had issue again .
    My point is delete everything do not restore nothing , just start phone like it is first time you use it . Im not saying it will help 100% , do it next update .

Posted via CB10
    08-10-15 06:54 AM
    I had volume problem just on one leak( cant remember nr. It was 10.2.xxx ) and i did wipe and used autoloader . Last 4-5 updates i did with sachesi (Linux) and never had issue again .
    My point is delete everything do not restore nothing , just start phone like it is first time you use it . Im not saying it will help 100% , do it next update .

Posted via CB10
    Not just one time...I did that always....fresh install...zero restore....ever since all 10.3 editions, my volume is low...bt at the same time, when I go back to 10.2 in midst, I get my volume back

Q10SQN100-3/10.3.2.2204
    08-10-15 12:10 PM
    ...my volume is back with .2.2474 update...
    Aju likes this.
    09-20-15 12:00 PM
    Consider yourself fortunate. I bit the bullet yesterday and found that now (with all the volume settings set on high) that the all the notification volumes are barely loud enough to hear the device indoors. I won't be able to hear it at work at all.

Blackberry strikes again!

:-(

Posted using 10.3.2.2474
    09-20-15 05:38 PM
    Same here !
    09-21-15 09:06 AM
    Same here !
    I have missed numerous phone calls and emails over the last two days. This is lousy customer service from any company! I expect more of Blackberry, but I guess this is a thing of the past from the current Blackberry management team.

Posted using 10.3.2.2474
    09-21-15 10:50 AM
    I have missed numerous phone calls and emails over the last two days. This is lousy customer service from any company! I expect more of Blackberry, but I guess this is a thing of the past from the current Blackberry management team.
    If you have the time, start fresh. Backup and reload the OS. Test, and restore if needed.
    09-21-15 11:25 AM
    If you have the time, start fresh. Backup and reload the OS. Test, and restore if needed.
    You are lucky....i did always fresh...last time I did was with BlackBerry link. Still the sound is not loud as it was in 10.2. But the sound is ofcorz a little better than before all 10.3

Q10SQN100-3/10.3.2.2639
    09-21-15 11:46 AM
    I appreciate your advice. I'll suffer through the week and try doing what you suggest on Saturday.

On another (possibly related) topic, I noticed today that I am not seeing more than one or two bars of signal strength in areas where I had full coverage showing in the past prior to doing the up date to .2474 last Saturday, also my home wi-fi signal is not showing as strong as it was prior to the up date, when sitting in the same spot in the house where the signal was full. Could these two issues be related to the up date?

Posted using 10.3.2.2474
    09-21-15 07:53 PM
    Could these two issues be related to the up date?
    I don't know. The radio part of the update is not the same for all of us. I don't speak about the release version, but the software itself, different for each model (-1 to -5). I don't have this issue, but other users reported it. Some even rollbacks to an older radio file with Sachesi. You'll have to hunt down the thread though
    09-22-15 06:38 AM
    Q10 bar size is bigger don't like

Hi
    09-22-15 08:34 AM
    I don't know. The radio part of the update is not the same for all of us. I don't speak about the release version, but the software itself, different for each model (-1 to -5). I don't have this issue, but other users reported it. Some even rollbacks to an older radio file with Sachesi. You'll have to hunt down the thread though
    Very good, thank you again.

Posted using 10.3.2.2474
    09-22-15 09:20 AM
    It is still far too quiet. If I'm on a busy street, I can't hear my phone even if it's in my hand front of me! In more quiet places, when I put it in my pocket or in a protector I can't hear it either. All volumes are maxed out.

Not to mention that setting notification volume halfway already reduces volume to barely audible. Come on folks, I'm not deaf.

It improved a bit during 10.3 updates but nowhere near the level where it was with 10.2.
    It's just not enough.
    09-22-15 09:28 AM
153 ... 23456 ...