Hello.

I have a peculiar problem with my new Q10. You see I had a prosumer lite plan on my old bold so on purchase of Q10 I read an article on crackberry where it said "lite" plans won't work on os10. So after activating 3G plan I started seeing that when my phone is on 3G status with BlackBerry icon next to it, the phone looses all ability to make calls, receive calls, send receive data of any sort, if somone is trying to call in it'll show as phone is off.

I complained to my operator Vodafone India who thought the simcard is faulty and made me get a new simcard. After receiving a new simcard the same error persists.

I'm now lost to understand what the problem is. Could anyone please help me out? Is my new phone spoilt already?

Thanks,
    M

Posted via CB10
    06-15-13 01:59 AM
    Hey!

I have got the same issue like you, I am gonna contact the plan provider tomorrow, because I couldn't see even the 4G in the settings menu.

Did you got any solution so far?
    07-03-13 09:50 AM
    i have the same problem with my q10 i cant see the LTE network and the phone will drop the calls even if u have full signal i think the update 10.1.0.273 is the cause of network crashes
    07-30-13 11:29 PM
    I thought i was the only one with this problem! I've had my q10 for over 2 months now and this as never happened until last week. I've contacted my network provided, t-mobile, multiple times and they've said it's my sim card issue and I need to change it, but now reading the initial post above i'm doubting that will help at all.

Aaaah really hope this can be sorted out asap
    08-25-13 05:48 PM
    Hello. I've figured it out (maybe, well looks that way). Everytime I transferred my data from my old 9700 to my q10 my phone would give me the above mentioned network error and I tried to transfer my data using all available methods for the q10 namely: 1. Via BlackBerry I'd & Protect 2. Via desktop manager & link 3. Via outlook or email provider.

So after resetting the device for the 5th-6th time I realised that if I do not transfer my data from my old phone the q10 works just fine with no issues. So I took the tedious step of transferring my data from scratch i.e. old fashioned method of looking at old phone and typing in the numbers into the new phone. I also bought a new sd card for the q10 and put the old one back into my old phone. Now this is a tedious process as I had about 600 contacts so I took 10-20 a day and typed them out sometimes even more after I got home from work or added people as and when they called me / emailed me. I would like to add here I use my phone for calls / bbm and emails. I don't use the calender functionality at all. I prefer using the old fashioned calender notebooks for that. So for someone with lot of data to transfer this can be a real pain.

I did not try the card dav and calender dav available with q10 which helps you sync with icloud.

I realised the issue was primarily non compatibility or some software bug that my old 9700 has and was transferring it to the q10 and therefore my q10 stopped network responding.

After this manual transfer I've used my phone for 1 month plus and have not had any issues whatsoever. I hope BlackBerry solves this issue in 10.2 o's update.

I hope this helps some of the people out over here.

If you need any help please contact me. Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    08-26-13 01:55 AM
    Overall now I'm very happy with my q10 and love the phone. I think this is a great upgrade to my 9700. The only reason I stayed on with my 9700 for 3-4 years was due to the face it was small and has great battery life 3 days even today when I use it as a travelling phone.

I am running o's 10.1.0.273 or something on the q10 I have upgraded to the latest as it has some battery drain bug and I don't need more hassles on this phone. Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    08-26-13 02:04 AM
    So issue has resurfaced in one particular area. Guess it's a network thing or a compatibility bug. Waiting for o's update. Argh. Anyone else found a solution for this?

Posted via CB10
    09-02-13 10:44 AM