Thanks man... appreciate it!

EDIT: Hey, I just did a little research on wikipedia and it doesn't show Portugal or my carrier (Vodafone Portugal)
    Proof:Q10 Models and Supported Frequencies-ss-2014-04-14-06.16.00-.png
    04-14-14 12:12 PM
    yall making too much out of this, whoever carrier you're going to get service with, find out which bands they operate on. Look at the different variants of the Q10 and see which one operates on the corresponding bands, then purchase that version. Why is this so hard?
    11-02-14 08:57 PM
    Why is this so hard?
    What's hard? Noticing the last post was seven months ago?
    11-02-14 09:06 PM
    It's so hard because the sellers don't tell you what version you are getting.

Neither shopblackberry.com, Amazon, Bestbuy or most Ebay sellers tell you what version you are getting. They all simply say "Unlocked GSM".

I'm in Vegas on T-mobile and we have great T-mobile LTE here and are also a T-mobile re-farmed area. I have 2 Q10s coming in the mail and ONLY know that they are "NEW UNLOCKED GSM Q10".

If I get version -1 instead of -5 should I expect any issues with my coverage that I otherwise would not have if I had T-mobile's version -5 instead?

Thanks! 1st time poster, btw.
    11-16-14 09:59 AM
    If I get version -1 instead of -5 should I expect any issues with my coverage that I otherwise would not have if I had T-mobile's version -5 instead?

Thanks! 1st time poster, btw.
    I feel you. When the SBB sale started, I picked up a second Q10 myself, but had this same question. Luckily for me, it turned out to be a -5 again.

To answer your question: the -1 is missing TMO's UMTS 1700 band, but it does have the UMTS 1900 (i.e. refarmed network) band and LTE band 4.
    11-16-14 04:18 PM
    To answer your question: the -1 is missing TMO's UMTS 1700 band, but it does have the UMTS 1900 (i.e. refarmed network) band and LTE band 4.
    So I take it I shouldn't miss out on anything "really" as far as getting reception? Do you know about wifi calling?

I'm hoping I get the -5, but won't know. And thanks for the quick reply to old thread.
    11-16-14 04:29 PM
    So I take it I shouldn't miss out on anything "really" as far as getting reception? Do you know about wifi calling?

I'm hoping I get the -5, but won't know. And thanks for the quick reply to old thread.
    If you get TMO LTE right now, you will get LTE with either -1 or -5.

But if you don't get LTE, then I hope you're still in UMTS 1900 coverage. In my experience, it's quite good in and around The Strip.

Regarding WiFi calling, that only works on the -5. Branded or unbranded doesn't matter.
    11-16-14 04:38 PM
    Thanks so much. Been reading all over the web for like 3 days now, in a world of tech I knew nothing about, and it wasn't until your answer just now that I had a clear "answer". Thank you, thank you, thank you.

...And that includes the sellers and buyers on Ebay, Amazon and T-mobile tech support! lol

Also, and as a complete side-note: I have been a Blackberry user since 04 until about 2 months ago when I thought I'd try a Samsung Android phone. Hate it. Ordered the Q10s Saturday. Give me back my keypad! :-)
    11-16-14 06:03 PM
    Thanks so much. Been reading all over the web for like 3 days now, in a world of tech I knew nothing about, and it wasn't until your answer just now that I had a clear "answer". Thank you, thank you, thank you.

...And that includes the sellers and buyers on Ebay, Amazon and T-mobile tech support! lol

Also, and as a complete side-note: I have been a Blackberry user since 04 until about 2 months ago when I thought I'd try a Samsung Android phone. Hate it. Ordered the Q10s Saturday. Give me back my keypad! :-)
    No problem. If you have any more questions, feel free to PM me. I have a Q10 on TMO myself.
    11-17-14 02:05 PM
    Will do. Thanks.

Btw, the seller got back to me finally. I'm getting the -5 model. Yay!
    raino likes this.
    11-17-14 06:09 PM
    If you get TMO LTE right now, you will get LTE with either -1 or -5.

But if you don't get LTE, then I hope you're still in UMTS 1900 coverage. In my experience, it's quite good in and around The Strip.

Regarding WiFi calling, that only works on the -5. Branded or unbranded doesn't matter.
    How do you get wifi calling on the unbranded -5?
    12-28-14 10:36 AM
    How do you get wifi calling on the unbranded -5?
    Sorry, I don't have an exact answer, since I never actually paid attention to anything special I might have done. I think it might have just been there.

But here's what I would do:

Put your TMO SIM in the phone
    Looks for the Wi-Fi calling "app" amongst your installed apps (it's isn't really an app, just a toggle.) It looks like the WiFi coverage indicator with a pink phone.
    If that isn't there, go to BB World, look for the 'T-Mobile Top Picks' banner, go into the business section, and it should be there.

You may want to do an OS update too, while you're at it. These phones don't come with 10.2.1.3062, so it should be available to download.
    12-28-14 10:49 AM
    I have a -5 unbranded unlocked Q10 and it gets wifi calling just fine on my T-mo service. Problem is the stupid HUB kept telling me "wifi calling now available / within range" or some other such message about wifi that I simply had to turn off wifi and delete the wifi app. It was so annoying. But there have been a few updates to the phone since then so maybe I'll retry it.

Also, per usual, I had problem after problem with EVERYTHING to do with my service with T-mo after switching over cells. Voicemail, times cell rings before voicemail, double texts, cell not ringing, etc. is the norm whenever I switch cells - at least for me - as long as I've been with the discount carrier since like 2004.
    12-28-14 06:02 PM
    I have a -5 unbranded unlocked Q10 and it gets wifi calling just fine on my T-mo service. Problem is the stupid HUB kept telling me "wifi calling now available / within range" or some other such message about wifi that I simply had to turn off wifi and delete the wifi app. It was so annoying. But there have been a few updates to the phone since then so maybe I'll retry it.
    I think these messages go away after you make your first WFC call. That's what I've read here.
    12-28-14 06:16 PM
    I think these messages go away after you make your first WFC call. That's what I've read here.
    Mine didn't. I purposely wanted a -5 to make sure I could use wifi calling and then, even after using it, the HUB message kept popping up. But like I said, maybe I'll give it another shot since it's been awhile (month). I find most all the issues tend to work themselves out after awhile.
    12-29-14 06:50 AM
    Hi.
    i'm willing to buy Q10 in the next month " feb " , what do you think ? is it a good idea ?
    i have now moto g and i want a qwerty keyboard and q10 will be my first bb mobile

do you think i should wait and get classic or just buy the q10 ?
    and the most important thing !!! the support
    is blackberry like android after a year they will not support the device anymore ??
    if yes , is there any developers that can update the system like android ??

Thank you.
    01-27-15 05:12 PM
    Well, not sure how much advice I can give or if this is the right thread for it, but let me say this:

I have had BB since about 2004. In that time, I tried switching to a non-smartphone, an iPhone and an Android phone. I always end up right back at BB within a month or two. I actually gave the Android 2 months. Hated it. BUT, I NEVER use my phone to play on. For me, it is a communication device first and an organizer second. Those things must be flawless. All else is merely a bonus.

It is never a toy for me. I don't care about MOST apps. I don't skype, instagram, facebook, im or any of that stuff. I call, text, email, use the calendar (and camera) as an organizer, occasionally web surf on it and maybe use the maps and a few other apps once in awhile. So for me, a physical keyboard is a must.

Touch-screens are no good for me. And neither is the constant intrusion and questions of the Android apps. BB keeps it simple, if you want it to be. Much more geared for business minded people, although with the ability to play if you choose. I have a simple rule when it comes to tools and a smartphone is just that for me, a tool. The rule is: Any tool I have to work on more than it does work for me is not worth having. Hence, no more busy body android devices (or micro$oft computers) for me.

Hope that helps!
    Pir4t3 and bbnrs like this.
    01-27-15 06:19 PM
    Also, I've never had any prolonged issues with a BB. If it's acting up it's either a network problem, a restart issue, fixes itself or the BB is just old and/or damaged by outside sources like water or a drop. I don't "upgrade" needing to have the latest and the greatest. So, I'll have the perfectly capable Q10 until she breaks, lost, stolen or can no longer function efficiently - which I've found to be about 4 years.

Note: My posts may not come through in the proper order. This site seems to have to "proofread" some of my posts before it will actually post them.
    Pir4t3 likes this.
    01-27-15 06:29 PM
    Does Verizon's Q10 sqn-2 support built-in wireless charging?

Thanks.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    03-18-15 02:23 AM
    Does Verizon's Q10 sqn-2 support built-in wireless charging?
    No wireless charging in Q10s.
    03-18-15 08:37 AM
    I browsed this thread, but couldn't find a definitive answer. Does anybody know if the SQN100-3 will work on AT&T in the US? The Arabic model is on sale for $130 and I really want to try BB again, but not if the phone won't work for my carrier.
    05-12-15 03:54 PM
    ]Does anybody know if the SQN100-3 will work on AT&T in the US?
    Yes, it will work. But you won't get LTE at all.
    Zacharyw70 likes this.
    05-12-15 03:56 PM
    Well Raino, I'll post and see if you're still here!
    Trying to track down a white q10 for my wife. She's not sure if she really wants one, but I'm willing to try to find one at least. I've located one on Kijiji and the seller has nicely sent me pictures of the side of the box. Shows SQN100-3. Seller claims to have bought it from Rogers and unlocked it. Is it possible that this phone would work on Telus in any way?

Posted via CB10
    06-03-15 11:09 PM
    Well Raino, I'll post and see if you're still here!
    Trying to track down a white q10 for my wife. She's not sure if she really wants one, but I'm willing to try to find one at least. I've located one on Kijiji and the seller has nicely sent me pictures of the side of the box. Shows SQN100-3. Seller claims to have bought it from Rogers and unlocked it. Is it possible that this phone would work on Telus in any way?
    It'll work, but you won't get LTE, only HSPA+
    Dewwey likes this.
    06-04-15 12:14 AM
    It'll work, but you won't get LTE, only HSPA+
    Thanks Raino.

Posted via CB10
    06-04-15 08:41 AM
159 ... 4567