Q10 Models and Supported Frequencies
Just like with the Z10 model, I've gathered details on the various Q10 models and their supported frequencies. This table should help identify which versions will work for your network. Note that the models are a bit different than the Z10, and it seems that they are a little more cross-compatible for major carriers. This information will be updated over the next couple of weeks and the information on carriers is subject to change.
Last edited by ScwB; 05-17-2013 at 11:25 PM. Reason: Updated for Model SQN100-4ScwBThanked by 16:
+ Show/Hide list of the thanked
00stryder (09-04-2013), austriker (04-22-2013), BBFanatic4Life (04-30-2013), CarGuy1368 (05-02-2013), Humga Chan (04-29-2013), jimmyjyc (05-01-2013), jope28 (05-01-2013), mkelley65 (04-22-2013), mrskycar (Today), mush10 (04-30-2013), Quattroporte (05-08-2013), raino (04-22-2013), theclipart (06-09-2013), tintin123456 (04-26-2013), X10A-Freedom (04-26-2013), yoyo93 (04-25-2013)
- 04-22-2013, 07:32 PM #2
Comments/Questions about this table...I will just speak for Canada...
1. SQN 100-1 -- How do we know this is not the model Bell/Virgin and Fido is releasing? Because of the lack of the 2600 MHz LTE support we can assume it won't be on Rogers. Also Telus shows AWS HSPA support on their website so they will not use this model, neither can WIND/Mobilicity.
2. SQN100-2. This one seems wrong on that the phone does not have AWS HSPA support so it will definitely not be the handset on WIND/Mobilicity plus this is the CDMA handset
3. SQN100-3. I am still not sold this is the Rogers phone as it does not have AWS LTE support, it is hard to believe they will not have a special variant that will not have both AWS and 2600 MHz LTE support, otherwise you could argue the handset Fido is offering is superior from a building penetration LTE standpoint
SQN100-5. I have a feeling this will be the phone offered on all ALL Canadian carriers. Firstly it is the one listed on the Canadian Blackberry website when you look-up specs. Secondly it is the one listed on the Telus website and in the past Telus has been most honest about the full specs of phones that could potentially work with WIND/Mobilicity. Thirdly it is the only variant that can work with WIND/Mobilicity.
Anyways that is my four cents. Thanks.
- 04-22-2013, 09:03 PM #5
Dang it, OP, you beat me to it...I was going to make this thread But if anyone else should get to do this, it's definitely you.
2. Good catch. I accidentally put Wind and Mobilicity into the wrong box. Thanks.
3. If you check Rogers' website, you will see that their Q10 only supports the 2600mhz frequency for LTE. Thus they must be using model -3 unless BlackBerry is hiding another model behind the curtain, and that's doubtful considering the launch is one week away.
4. See above.ScwB
- 04-22-2013, 09:19 PM #7
Edit: OP, is that the entire list of compatible networks from your other thread? I remember people reporting European and Australian carriers too, and I don't see them in this chart
- 04-22-2013, 09:42 PM #8
Bell's specifications for the Q10, I would guess that they may be providing the -1 model. If that's correct, then that would be made news for using it on Wind. Otherwise, Bell may have simply not added the 1700mhz frequency to its specifications as they don't use it.ScwB
And no, this isn't a complete listing. All the Z10 and Q10 don't sync up exactly so I need to double check the frequencies that the other carriers use.ScwB
- 04-23-2013, 12:10 AM #12
- 04-25-2013, 02:07 PM #19
- 04-30-2013, 11:53 PM #23
SH!T Looks like Telus is selling the SQN100-1 based on the pictured associated with the unboxing video on the home page of Crackberry...the Telus website says Band IV HSPA support, which the SQN100-1 is not supposed to have, let's see what Bell gives me tomorrow...
- CrackBerry Abuser
05-01-2013, 12:02 AM #24
- 310 Posts
- 05-01-2013, 12:09 AM #25
The SQN100-3 would not work with Telus' AWS LTE though, additionally they do not have the 2600MHz LTE like Bell and Rogers...weird
You are right about all of the SQN model booklets as it seems even people who had the media review boxes had all of the model booklets in their box as well (I looked at some of the youtube unboxing videos).
Last edited by B-E-A-S-T; 05-01-2013 at 12:22 AM.
- By ScwB in forum BlackBerry Z10Replies: 73Last Post: 08-28-2013, 08:04 PM
- By Joe257 in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 5Last Post: 10-11-2011, 07:00 AM
- By nilesschreurs in forum BlackBerry StormReplies: 0Last Post: 03-08-2009, 02:21 PM
- By bambithehooker in forum BlackBerry Pearl 8100Replies: 1Last Post: 08-18-2008, 09:26 AM
- By sukr4akiss in forum BlackBerry Pearl 8100Replies: 1Last Post: 11-19-2007, 10:31 PM