Just like with the Z10 model, I've gathered details on the various Q10 models and their supported frequencies. This table should help identify which versions will work for your network. Note that the models are a bit different than the Z10, and it seems that they are a little more cross-compatible for major carriers. This information will be updated over the next couple of weeks and the information on carriers is subject to change.

Q10 Models and Supported Frequencies-q10_frequencies_v3.jpg
    Last edited by ScwB; 05-17-13 at 11:25 PM. Reason: Updated for Model SQN100-4
    04-22-13 03:52 PM
    Comments/Questions about this table...I will just speak for Canada...

1. SQN 100-1 -- How do we know this is not the model Bell/Virgin and Fido is releasing? Because of the lack of the 2600 MHz LTE support we can assume it won't be on Rogers. Also Telus shows AWS HSPA support on their website so they will not use this model, neither can WIND/Mobilicity.

2. SQN100-2. This one seems wrong on that the phone does not have AWS HSPA support so it will definitely not be the handset on WIND/Mobilicity plus this is the CDMA handset

3. SQN100-3. I am still not sold this is the Rogers phone as it does not have AWS LTE support, it is hard to believe they will not have a special variant that will not have both AWS and 2600 MHz LTE support, otherwise you could argue the handset Fido is offering is superior from a building penetration LTE standpoint

SQN100-5. I have a feeling this will be the phone offered on all ALL Canadian carriers. Firstly it is the one listed on the Canadian Blackberry website when you look-up specs. Secondly it is the one listed on the Telus website and in the past Telus has been most honest about the full specs of phones that could potentially work with WIND/Mobilicity. Thirdly it is the only variant that can work with WIND/Mobilicity.

Anyways that is my four cents. Thanks.
    04-22-13 07:32 PM
    No mention of Sprint, and their 1900mhz LTE anywhere...
    04-22-13 08:08 PM
    I notice that SQN100-4 is missing. Maybe that will be a CDMA sprint device. No US Cellular, which makes me want to cry.
    04-22-13 08:19 PM
    Dang it, OP, you beat me to it...I was going to make this thread But if anyone else should get to do this, it's definitely you.
    04-22-13 09:03 PM

1. SQN 100-1 -- How do we know this is not the model Bell/Virgin and Fido is releasing? Because of the lack of the 2600 MHz LTE support we can assume it won't be on Rogers. Also Telus shows AWS HSPA support on their website so they will not use this model, neither can WIND/Mobilicity.

2. SQN100-2. This one seems wrong on that the phone does not have AWS HSPA support so it will definitely not be the handset on WIND/Mobilicity plus this is the CDMA handset

3. SQN100-3. I am still not sold this is the Rogers phone as it does not have AWS LTE support, it is hard to believe they will not have a special variant that will not have both AWS and 2600 MHz LTE support, otherwise you could argue the handset Fido is offering is superior from a building penetration LTE standpoint

SQN100-5. I have a feeling this will be the phone offered on all ALL Canadian carriers. Firstly it is the one listed on the Canadian Blackberry website when you look-up specs. Secondly it is the one listed on the Telus website and in the past Telus has been most honest about the full specs of phones that could potentially work with WIND/Mobilicity. Thirdly it is the only variant that can work with WIND/Mobilicity.

Anyways that is my four cents. Thanks.
    1. Beast, you will notice that the table says 'compatible carriers', not which models the carriers are selling. So, while model 1 doesn't have the 1700 band for HSPA+, it does have sufficient other bands to fully work with Telus. As an example, the Z10 model that Telus sells has identical frequencies as the Q10 model -1.

2. Good catch. I accidentally put Wind and Mobilicity into the wrong box. Thanks.

3. If you check Rogers' website, you will see that their Q10 only supports the 2600mhz frequency for LTE. Thus they must be using model -3 unless BlackBerry is hiding another model behind the curtain, and that's doubtful considering the launch is one week away.

4. See above.
    nabatron likes this.
    04-22-13 09:04 PM

I'm not Canadian so I don't know, but has Rogers actually deployed their 2600 MHz LTE network? A lot of times carriers buy up spectrum not necessarily to use it, but to keep other carriers from getting it. For example, AT&T here in the US bought a bunch of AWS spectrum, and IIRC, never used it, and just ended up transferring it to T-Mobile. We do know that Rogers uses the 1700 band for LTE, as evident by the Z10 model they carry.

Edit: OP, is that the entire list of compatible networks from your other thread? I remember people reporting European and Australian carriers too, and I don't see them in this chart
    04-22-13 09:19 PM
    You are right #3 is the big mystery for me, I just hope Bell does not get the same version...I have pre-ordered with Bell using my wife's hardware upgrade with the intention of using the device on WIND so let's hope I am getting the SQN100-5!

1. Beast, you will notice that the table says 'compatible carriers', not which models the carriers are selling. So, while model 1 doesn't have the 1700 band for HSPA+, it does have sufficient other bands to fully work with Telus. As an example, the Z10 model that Telus sells has identical frequencies as the Q10 model -1.

2. Good catch. I accidentally put Wind and Mobilicity into the wrong box. Thanks.

3. If you check Rogers' website, you will see that their Q10 only supports the 2600mhz frequency for LTE. Thus they must be using model -3 unless BlackBerry is hiding another model behind the curtain, and that's doubtful considering the launch is one week away.

4. See above.
    04-22-13 09:42 PM
    I notice that SQN100-4 is missing. Maybe that will be a CDMA sprint device.
    This seems to be falling in line with the Sprint press release about LTE coverage, mentioning the Q10 coming "later this year"
    04-22-13 10:15 PM
    You are right #3 is the big mystery for me, I just hope Bell does not get the same version...I have pre-ordered with Bell using my wife's hardware upgrade with the intention of using the device on WIND so let's hope I am getting the SQN100-5!
    Based on Bell's specifications for the Q10, I would guess that they may be providing the -1 model. If that's correct, then that would be made news for using it on Wind. Otherwise, Bell may have simply not added the 1700mhz frequency to its specifications as they don't use it.
    shivaji likes this.
    04-22-13 10:29 PM
    I'm not Canadian so I don't know, but has Rogers actually deployed their 2600 MHz LTE network? A lot of times carriers buy up spectrum not necessarily to use it, but to keep other carriers from getting it. For example, AT&T here in the US bought a bunch of AWS spectrum, and IIRC, never used it, and just ended up transferring it to T-Mobile. We do know that Rogers uses the 1700 band for LTE, as evident by the Z10 model they carry.

Edit: OP, is that the entire list of compatible networks from your other thread? I remember people reporting European and Australian carriers too, and I don't see them in this chart
    Rogers already reported that they will be providing the Q10 with support for the 2600 mhz band. Unless they plan to carry more than one model, then model -3 is currently their only choice.

And no, this isn't a complete listing. All the Z10 and Q10 don't sync up exactly so I need to double check the frequencies that the other carriers use.
    raino likes this.
    04-22-13 10:31 PM
    Based on Bell's specifications for the Q10, I would guess that they may be providing the -1 model. If that's correct, then that would be made news for using it on Wind. Otherwise, Bell may have simply not added the 1700mhz frequency to its specifications as they don't use it.
    Yes I know I took a chance thinking that they may very well be selling the same version as Telus as they share their network...if it turns out to be the SQN100-1 model then I either have to find a Telus customer to trade with or give it to my wife...let's see...
    04-23-13 12:10 AM
    Thread should be Sticky
    04-23-13 03:07 AM
    So for clarity which model will work on both Rogers and Wind? Model - 3?
    nabatron likes this.
    04-25-13 09:51 AM
    Are all the models of the Q10 run Qualcomm cpu ?

check my thread http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...a9-cpu-799827/
    04-25-13 09:58 AM
    So for clarity which model will work on both Rogers and Wind? Model - 3?
    Only model -5 will fully work with Wind. That model will also work with Rogers.
    04-25-13 12:35 PM
    Just like with the Z10 model, I've gathered details on the various Q10 models and their supported frequencies. This table should help identify which versions will work for your network. Note that the models are a bit different than the Z10, and it seems that they are a little more cross-compatible for major carriers. This information will be updated over the next couple of weeks and the information on carriers is subject to change.

Attachment 154066
    Which model will work on UK carriers?

Posted via CB10
    04-25-13 01:45 PM

According to BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-13 01:55 PM

My guess would be yes. BBRY built their LTE Z10s with a S4 SoC, and since all Q10s look to be LTE capable, I'd say they're all packing S4s.

Which model will work on UK carriers?
    -3, but wait for "official" confirmation from the OP
    Pete The Penguin likes this.
    04-25-13 02:07 PM
    -3, but wait for "official" confirmation from the OP
    Yes, as seen on the listing, the -3 model is for the UK.
    04-25-13 08:43 PM
    I'm looking forward to vs 3 of the above table once the Q10 comes out in Canada tomorrow
    04-30-13 08:58 PM
    Good news for Verizon folks. LTE 1700 will future proof the device.

--Posted via Tapatalk--
    04-30-13 09:08 PM
    SH!T Looks like Telus is selling the SQN100-1 based on the pictured associated with the unboxing video on the home page of Crackberry...the Telus website says Band IV HSPA support, which the SQN100-1 is not supposed to have, let's see what Bell gives me tomorrow...
    04-30-13 11:53 PM
    SH!T Looks like Telus is selling the SQN100-1 based on the pictured associated with the unboxing video on the home page of Crackberry...the Telus website says Band IV HSPA support, which the SQN100-1 is not supposed to have, let's see what Bell gives me tomorrow...
    Check the video. He shows an SQN100-1 card, and then the phone identifies as SQN100-3 in the settings. Maybe BlackBerry just includes all the cards, -1 goes on top...

Card at 2:41
    Settings at 7:28
    05-01-13 12:02 AM
    The SQN100-3 would not work with Telus' AWS LTE though, additionally they do not have the 2600MHz LTE like Bell and Rogers...weird

You are right about all of the SQN model booklets as it seems even people who had the media review boxes had all of the model booklets in their box as well (I looked at some of the youtube unboxing videos).
    Last edited by B-E-A-S-T; 05-01-13 at 12:22 AM.
    05-01-13 12:09 AM
159 123 ...