If you watch the getting started videos on BB webpage it tells you that there is a switch device function of Link that will move everything but messages from your old device to Z10, but so far I have not seen any posts from anyone that says they have been able to get it to work.
    02-10-13 06:44 PM
    We all would like it now.. But I guess will learn to wait.
    02-12-13 08:49 PM
    That's very likely a deliberate choice on BlackBerry's part to de-prioritize a less important feature, and delay it to a later release if they ever release it at all.

Syncing by cable is no longer vital for most people because if you can attach by cable, then you are already at your PC where your mail is already in Outlook. If one really cares about mail that much, wouldn't he want to have it always updated by synching wirelessly?
    02-19-13 11:57 AM
    It's not just mail. It's sync with Outlook PIM that's important to many of us, and for many of us, putting all your Outlook info in the cloud is not an option, therefore, sync with stand alone Outlook is important. The only alternative now is Companion Link-$50 license fee for three PC's. Google, ActiveSync or others only partially sync your info. I believe BB will address this and incorporate it in the Q.
    02-19-13 12:01 PM
    This is NOT good. I was going to wait for the Q10, but by then there will be a new Galaxy 4, and possibly a new iPhone- good luck selling against them! They both should have been released EVERYWHERE within a week or two of the announcement! Shades of the Playbook indeed....
    There's always going to be a new / updated competitor phone out, at almost the same time as your beloved BB. Don't panic!! It actually gives people more time to compare the Q10, and Z10, with the other phones out there. Making a decision much easier as you can actually test out all phones.

@That70sGAdawg: maybe you will come to the conclusion that the Q10 isn't for you after all .....

Me? I'm not worried. I will wait until the Q10 finally comes out. No need to get me a SGS4 or yet another iPhone x/xx (s). No doubts here.
    02-19-13 11:54 PM
    Blackberry will be dead and buried by 2014.
    02-20-13 01:03 AM
    That's why there are choices! You choose the phone that fits you best!
    02-20-13 01:52 AM
    I think if you look around and read what people are posting, the new Z10 is not really that super, some of the basics that everyone is used to on the old BB models (sounds, sync, etc) don't work on the new Z10. Granted I don't have one in hand to see for myself so I am having to take what is written with a grain of salt. But when multiple people say they cant sync Outlook to the Z10 without going through Google Apps or Outlook.com it really makes me wonder, and see flashbacks of the PlayBook release.
    If you read posts by people that are actually using a Z10, you'll see this isn't the case. Spend some time reading feedback n the Z10 board and most people there love the device.
    02-20-13 09:21 PM
    I'm not interested in the z10 at this time. Basically, if I'm going to stay with an all touch phone, then I might as well stay with the iPhone 5. I've been following the q10, but if the delay is indeed April/May I may start exploring other options. I'm tired of waiting, but what choice do I have to get a phone with a keyboard and blinky light?
    02-24-13 02:40 PM
    People have been saying the for the past two years. I'm not sure that I disagree, but without knowing Blackberry financials, its entirely too early to speculate. Very curious to see how the z10 sold compared to other manufacturers this past quarter. Although the data would be slightly skewed due to not being sold in America.
    02-24-13 02:44 PM
    You guys sucks at critical thinking. Most carriers got the phone early, before U.S. carriers. If we think about this his statement actually means that it will launch 8-10 weeks post initial Z10 rollout. It's really about which way you spin his words. There's no evidence to suggest their interpretation is the correct one. Haters gonna hate.
    02-26-13 12:43 AM
    Please. Go and short the stock. I would like the price to dip a little more. Thanks.
    BBKrzy likes this.
    02-26-13 12:44 AM
    I have been waiting on someone to say this and thanks for doing so. Blackberry under its current leadership ( Mr. Thorsten Heins) does not seem to have a clue on how to compete in todays smartphone market....( let me now go on a rant about this company, which i have never done BTW)

First, if you are trying to make a comeback in a market that is already saturated with touch screen phones, why make your first release yet another touch screen phone that quite frankly is one that isn't doing much to wow customers??? Ok, so it has a few features that are new to the BB 10 platform, but lets be real, it looks like they just tried to throw a bunch of functionality together. Not impressive!! What I would have done if i was CEO (Thats why i'm not) would have been to enhance the already existing design model which Blackberry (Or should i say RIM) is known for. The Q10 in my opinion should have been released first because it would have meant RIM was making a statement, that... hey! we are who we are so like it or leave it. In a market where a company who used to dominate saw the likes of Apple and now Samsung completely take over, BB should have gone back to its roots....The core that made them once dominant. How about refining some of the technology which BB phones once had??? How about saying to the world of touch screens and useless functionalities that "we as a company want to introduce you as consumers back to a Qwerty keyboard" and "oh by the way look what else our phones can do"!!?? Noooo..they had to piggy back off the designs of the other 2 giants, who quite frankly, they will never be able to catch up with (Come to think of it, i'm sure they already knew this).

Second, what are the executives there at RIM being paid to do?? Look, i'm sure in Canada things are so much easier but here in the big leagues, these United States!! you have to work to get it. So let me ask you Mr. Thorsten Heins, if you want to sell a new product and you start the planning process, you gear up for a marketing campaign and even hire Alisha Keys (Who still uses her iPhone 5 BTW) to help get the word out, please tell me...why in the world would you wait almost 4 months to actually begin selling the product?? Do you think our attention span is so great that we can see a super bowl ad in Feb. and remember that the phones will begin selling in June??? Well, they will say the phone carriers set the schedule but i say as the manufacturer, you determine when your product will hit the shelf. Why is Apple so successful? should i really go into that Mr. Thorsten Heins? ( I won't and no one else reading this should).

Saddens me when folks at the top are so into their yachts and mansions that they forget basic commerce. Good Luck RIM. Maybe the Nigerian market will keep you afloat for a while and thats until the rest of us move on and only reminisce on the days when i could "chirp" my buddy and ask "where the green @"
    Last edited by Usd2baBBuser; 03-07-13 at 12:20 PM.
    03-07-13 12:00 PM
    I have been waiting on someone to say this and thanks for doing so. Blackberry under its current leadership ( Mr. Thorsten Heins) does not seem to have a clue on how to compete in todays smartphone market...iphone...android...Alicia Keyes...Q10 first...BB10 sucks...need attention...blah,blah,blah....
    *Yawn*

Posted via CB10
    citystars41, revtech and Deppe like this.
    03-08-13 08:59 AM
    I guess if all the US carriers did not have their heads stuck so far up Apples A S S and signed deals with them to where no other phone can be sold then you can figure out why BlackBerry will not be here in the States till who knows. Is the FCC being paid off by Apple and Samsung? With this current President and his goons running our country into the ground you might ponder that. Im sure BlackBerry really dont give a flip becasue the rest of the world seems to not have the deadly regulations like we have in this country to make even the simplest thing like a toilet flush right, let alone a cell phone to be approved, but what the H E L L do I know.
    03-08-13 10:34 AM
    That's very likely a deliberate choice on BlackBerry's part to de-prioritize a less important feature, and delay it to a later release if they ever release it at all.

Syncing by cable is no longer vital for most people because if you can attach by cable, then you are already at your PC where your mail is already in Outlook. If one really cares about mail that much, wouldn't he want to have it always updated by synching wirelessly?
    I and I am sure others are thinking the same thing but we don't care about syncing mail. We need to sync our contacts, notes and calendars. And we need 2 way sync so that if we change or add a contact on any device the changes are seen on all our other devices.
    03-08-13 07:19 PM
    I have been waiting on someone to say this and thanks for doing so. Blackberry under its current leadership ( Mr. Thorsten Heins) does not seem to have a clue on how to compete in todays smartphone market....( let me now go on a rant about this company, which i have never done BTW) @"
    Haha, this guy has been posting this all over the forums where ever he can get a chance...classic
    03-08-13 10:43 PM
    I and I am sure others are thinking the same thing but we don't care about syncing mail. We need to sync our contacts, notes and calendars. And we need 2 way sync so that if we change or add a contact on any device the changes are seen on all our other devices.
    I feel like the only reason anyone would be using Outlook today would be if connected to an Exchange server, in which case mail, tasks, calendar and contacts do sync instantly, two way. Why would you use a desktop pop mail client in 2013?
    03-10-13 12:33 AM
    While I wish the Q10 was being released in the U.S. tomorrow, I want to have a product that works out of the box. It seems there are a lot of things that need tightening up, so I will attempt to wait patiently. As others have said though, there are some nice phones coming out in the mean time. It will take some strength to hold out.
    03-10-13 03:13 PM
    I feel like the only reason anyone would be using Outlook today would be if connected to an Exchange server, in which case mail, tasks, calendar and contacts do sync instantly, two way. Why would you use a desktop pop mail client in 2013?
    Sadly Verizon doesn't support IMAP yet and only uses POP. It is a lot easier to manage your email in outlook than it is on the internets.
    03-10-13 04:01 PM
    Sadly Verizon doesn't support IMAP yet and only uses POP. It is a lot easier to manage your email in outlook than it is on the internets.
    That also makes me wonder why anyone would restrict themselves to their isp domain email, especially when it only supports pop. I mean, why would you not move to an imap email service? You don't have to use your isp mail. I haven't used comcast mail in 5 years.
    03-10-13 06:42 PM
    The longer it is until the Blackberry 10 devices get released in the U.S. THE BETTER...
    ...This is where the harshest reviews will come from - they will compare what BB10 does and doesn't do.
    ...To IOS and Droid.

Every month that goes by gives BBRY more time to shore up it's huge APP Gap....
    ...In particular the most popular Apps still missing on BBRY.
    ...BBRY has plenty of cash and is strong outside the U.S.
    ...Let's give them the time they need to deliver a real killer.

Blackberry simply can't afford to have another device release like the Playbook or BB7.....
    ...They will be torn to shreds.
    03-16-13 01:06 PM
    May or June huh. I will be still stuck with the Z10 or Q10 dilemma...

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    03-17-13 01:01 PM
    ... But when multiple people say they cant sync Outlook to the Z10 without going through Google Apps or Outlook.com it really makes me wonder, and see flashbacks of the PlayBook release.
    Is this even possible?
    03-17-13 07:53 PM
    That also makes me wonder why anyone would restrict themselves to their isp domain email, especially when it only supports pop. I mean, why would you not move to an imap email service? You don't have to use your isp mail. I haven't used comcast mail in 5 years.
    Because there are an awful lot of people out there who haven't got the slightest clue what pop or imap or isp or etc even mean . . Someone set them up with email on outlook 10 years ago and they still use it because its whats familiar and what works for them.

The problem is now that person gets a smartphone and hears about all it can do with email/etc and they cant figure out why their ten year old email service doesn't play nice with this newfangled gadget. Just a matter of a patient soul to come along and show them the way its done nowadays and get them set up.
    03-17-13 08:56 PM
88 1234