I have notice and some others have too that with all the videos and pictures of the Q10 none of them include someone using the Q10 to make a actual phone call. With the older Blackberries the only thing you have to do to make a phone call is just to start dialing the numbers on the keyboard. Will calling work the same way the Q10 or do you have to launch the phone app by the touching the phone app icon or maybe using a keyboard shortcut to bring up the phone app before you can dial?
    03-11-13 06:51 PM
    Yes, I'm pretty sure you can just start typing a number to call.
    They have the new type and go feature which means if you start typing someone's name, you can call them(already implemented on current BBs). Or if you start typing a number, you can call them.
    03-11-13 07:30 PM
    yes - but I wan�t still SEE a demonstration of the phone-part of the Q10 and can�t understand, that in all the videos the phone-button (lower left side of the screen) wasn�t hit, even accidentally... ;-(

Chris
    03-12-13 02:47 AM
    I think in all vids they have been focusing on showing us brand new things BB10 offers.I had to search lots of vids to find someone who clicked on actual icon for txt messages.
    03-12-13 04:22 AM
    Perhaps the phone function isn't implemented in the Q10 yet. The software seems to be a conversion of the Z10 OS, so some functions might take a little (re)designing before they're implemented. The default background of the Q10 for example is black, I don't know about the colors of the Z10 phone function, but they might have to switch that. And it's an incremental process, so don't worry, it will all be there by the time they're gonna bring them out!
    03-12-13 04:26 AM
    I expect the phone app works fine and it is as has been suggested, their focus is on showing new and shiny stuff rather than just the phone app which is inevitably going to be very similar looking to the z10 other than whatever changes they needed to make so that the ui fits the smaller display.
    03-12-13 05:38 AM
    I suppose that the implementation of the phone part will be vital for the Q10 success.

Everybody is curios about this new keyboard phone with BB10, but to be honest, the most important two buttons (send / end) are only software, which implies you CAN�T use this phone in "blind-modus" like all the other keyboard-phones from Blackberry.

I�m looking forward very interested in how this will affect the adaption of the long awaited Q10...

Chris
    03-12-13 05:57 AM
    The new keyboard + touchscreen with BB10 without the back/ send buttons that we know from legacy BB phones is an innovation. I can't imagine no new keyboard shortcuts to do your thing, perhaps it will be even possible to make your own shortcuts!
    03-12-13 06:18 AM
    I doubt the devices that are shown have connection

It'll be exactly the same as z10 but as mentioned before with the option of calling through type and go.

I'm not gonna lie calling on my z10 is nothing like on the old 9900. I miss typing someone's name nd just pressing call..

Posted via CB10
    03-12-13 07:01 AM
    ... I miss typing someone's name nd just pressing call...
    +1
    03-12-13 07:34 AM
    Type and go will probably cover this, start typing the number and it will probably offer call ... as an option.
    03-12-13 11:53 AM
    My first smartphone was a Blackberry 9000. I then moved to a couple of iPhone iterations (including the 5). I can't stand the iPhone and I'm beyond excited to get back to Blackberry as my experience communicating was much better, even if it was considered an antiquated phone / OS. With that said, what I liked most was customizing certain keys to dial contacts. For instance the 1/W key was my wife's phone and I just had to hold it down and boom, it started dialing. No Siri (which doesn't work about 1/3 the time and when it does it takes several moments to actually connect) and I don't have a minimum of 4 key presses just to dial a favorite contact - I could go on.

In any event, I hope they include that functionality and extend it to apps as well; i.e. if I want an app to launch, like a flashlight, just hold down the f key. A fully programmable/customized keyboard would be the ultimate productivity phone in my opinion.
    graylingboy likes this.
    03-12-13 02:43 PM
    My Q10 works as a normal BB, just type the numbers and call, im making a video today
    03-12-13 03:36 PM
    My Q10 works as a normal BB, just type the numbers and call, im making a video today
    Cant wait to see the Q10 in action... Saw some latest videos on Youtube about how the keyboard works on Q10.... Will wait for your video to see the whole picture....
    03-13-13 12:30 AM
    ... im making a video today
    yes please - that would be G R E A T !!! many thanks
    03-13-13 03:31 AM