Okay, I drooled all over the Russian video demoing q10. And I think it's slick.

I've been an old bbry user before switching to the orig iphone, and a few androids incld the nexus in the last few years. But my heart's been longing for the q10 and it's bb10 os.

I believe the primary reason for that is the qwerty of course, but it's not the speed of the qwerty that I need it for but for the shortcuts.

I am aware of the (above video posted by steve911) bbry marketing chief jeff gadway stating that the shortcuts are all there, and I know that Blackberry 10 sdk allows it. So no dispute there, but is there anyone out there that can perhaps demo the shortcuts on a dev c units maybe?

Considering talk, end and the scroll buttons are missing from the q10, I'd be curious as to how going into home screen with one button, or highlighting text can happen (hope it improves over a regular iphone android highlighting since it can use the keyboard's alt function simultaneously). Although any other shortcuts demoed like the message list, browser, phone shortcuts will all be droolworthy to watch.
    03-28-13 07:48 AM
    I agree. What makes a physical qwerty so alluring is not just the hardware buttons and the tactile feel from typing, but the versatility they enable. I think the reason we haven't quite seen videos of this in action is because it was most likely one of the last things implemented in the Q10 OS.
    03-28-13 10:21 AM
    you know that actually makes sense. implementing shortcuts would most likely be the icing on the OS. Although, considering the value that brings to a qwerty phone - for the reason cited in the OP, I hope they give it adequate time to , if anything, improve on the already terrific shortcuts of the last gen.

Still, I really wish one of the guys with the dev c units show us a quick demo.
    03-28-13 12:24 PM
    Great video, thanks for sharing. Q10 looks hot ..
    03-28-13 12:39 PM
    looks real good
    03-30-13 01:15 PM