Today my wifes Q10 started doing something very odd.

When the 't' key is pressed instead of 't' we get 'yidt', even in the middle of a word. ie, tattoo would be yidtayidtyidtoo.

I am not talking about the word substitution feature where, when you press space for the next word, the text you typed is replaced. ie sec is replaced with second after space is pressed.

I have a Z10, so this keyboard stuff is a little new to me.

thanks for your help
    citizenbishop likes this.
    08-04-13 08:35 PM
    Did you try a battery pull?

Posted via CB10
    08-04-13 09:04 PM
    yes.

And it wasnt dropped, nor did it get wet.
    08-05-13 12:22 AM
    I had that problem when I bought my first 9900. A lot of times when I typed a space, it filled in something like 'thh' or 'lh' (can't remember exactly). Seemed to be an hardware issue and I returned it for a new one.

Posted via CB10
    08-05-13 12:25 AM
    It seems several Q10 keyboard problems have popped up here in the past few days. I wonder if a particular keyboard component isn't robust enough so now the devices are a few months old failures are beginning to happen. Surprising given that the Q10 seems so well made and robust.
    08-05-13 10:29 AM
    Looks like a hardware issue. Some circuits got intertwined.
    08-05-13 12:56 PM
    After a month my "a" button stopped working and now my "alt" button is acting up. Have taken out my battery a few times, doesn't go away. I never thought i'd give upon Blackberry but I'm getting close.
    ewemazing likes this.
    08-24-13 05:59 PM
    Same here with my Q10: my "o" became very sensitive. It reacts immediately even with a slight touch, before the actual "click" of the key...
    So when I press the "i", I get most of the time "io"...

A friend of mine got a problem with the "a": it didn't work anymore within two (!!) weeks...
    Maybe RIM has now a big problem...

I will send it in for repair after 2 months of use...
    Last edited by MarcelQ10; 09-06-13 at 02:16 PM.
    09-05-13 09:43 AM
    My Q10 is relatively new & seems to have developed a similar problem, but in relation to the "sym" key. So merely touching it (sometimes not even that) in the process of normal typing brings up the virtual symbols keyboard, which means that "Blackberry" could appear as "B"=�kb{r}y"!! Highly unpredictable too, and very annoying. Any advice/help would be appreciated. (previously posted on reddit)
    09-06-13 11:43 AM
    My Q10 is relatively new & seems to have developed a similar problem, but in relation to the "sym" key. So merely touching it (sometimes not even that) in the process of normal typing brings up the virtual symbols keyboard, which means that "Blackberry" could appear as "B"=�kb{r}y"!! Highly unpredictable too, and very annoying. Any advice/help would be appreciated. (previously posted on reddit)
    That's indeed very annoying!

My friend received her new Q10 a few days ago, so I'm curious how long that keyboard will last... I will keep you updated folks!

I'm a BlackBerry addict since 2006, but now I'm really close giving up. Another annoying example: my BlackBerry Link sees my Q10, but doesn't connect to it anymore... That kind of things makes me nuts...
    09-06-13 02:05 PM
    This more hardware related, but does anyone else's space bar feel a little 'squishy'?

Mine doesn't feel like it's gonna last the 2 years I'm supposed to have the device.

Posted via CB10
    09-06-13 02:35 PM
    Did you try a battery pull?

Posted via CB10
    I thought battery pulls were a waste of time with the Q10. A couple of moderators have taken people to task for suggesting them. I guess you're supposed to use control alt delete or press and hold the volume buttons simultaneously. Is a battery pull still effective in some situations?
    09-06-13 03:10 PM
    Have the same issue with the a which is very sensitve. As soon as I press all the key around the a, I have an a which appear.... If I type on a then I have several a typed.
    09-11-13 03:30 AM
    I have this problem now too. Oversensitive keys on both edges of the keyboard. Went back to Verizon and since I have both warranty and insurance I'm getting a new Q10 later today. If the new one develops this too, it'll be Z10 time for this guy.

Posted via CB10
    09-11-13 08:00 AM
    I have been reading a lot of these reports which is one of the main reasons I am sticking with my Z10. The latest update has made the Z's keyboard so much more fluid and accurate.

Curve 8320, Bold 9780, Bold 9900, PB 64gb, Z10
    jairolas likes this.
    09-11-13 08:04 AM
    It's my first day back on blackberry so I could easily be talking rubbish regarding the new version 10 but if u said this regarding one of the old 7 or 6 series I would have said you have saved a custom shortcut. Like when you would put brb and save it so every time you type it you actually get be right back on the text. Could it be you have save some random text with a shortcut to t, if 10 even has the facility to do this. Either way would be a lot easier to rectify if it was.

Kev.

Today my wifes Q10 started doing something very odd.

When the 't' key is pressed instead of 't' we get 'yidt', even in the middle of a word. ie, tattoo would be yidtayidtyidtoo.

I am not talking about the word substitution feature where, when you press space for the next word, the text you typed is replaced. ie sec is replaced with second after space is pressed.

I have a Z10, so this keyboard stuff is a little new to me.

thanks for your help
    09-11-13 08:38 AM
    I have the same probem:

Bought the Q10 2 months ago.
    After one month the 'h' started to react with a slight touch, like the touch screen.
    Today the 'o' started as well with same effect.

This is a major issue for me because typing is a mess:
    It takes me several tries and corrections until a word is accomplished failure free.

I am using this as my business and private phone with the content separation and an enterprise account. The keybord is the reason why i chose the Q10 after 9900 and 9780 and not S4 or iPhone5. It was the best phone I ever had experienced and I even had fun by working with it, now it's the worst one.

I have to send it to the vendor, it will take several weeks and I won't get a Q10 substitute phone during this time from Orange Telecom.

I don't want to judge yet and it might be an exceptional case but if this is not only happening to two phones here only, BlackBerry has lost reliability in one of their strongest USPs. Disappointing considering where they come from.

Any tips to solve this without going through the warranty process?

Thanks and cheers
    09-18-13 04:08 PM
    I was told to do a Factory reset, haven't done it yet. I was told by Roger's BB tech that this usually solves the problem, BUT i don't see anyone mentioning the idea here. Everyone seems to be sending their phone away or getting a replacement.
    09-19-13 09:07 PM
    A factory reset (wipe) or battery pull will not solve this problem, because it's a hardware problem
    satchit likes this.
    09-27-13 03:30 AM
    Mine has a loose space bar.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-13 08:08 AM
    Hello: Today my Q10, starter with a keyboard issue. The "Enter" - "Return" key has become very sensible. As some of the user has described previously. As the rest I am frustrated. On the past I changed a 9900 keyboard because "water" got into it. I do not see that the problem will be solved by itself, so I will do the following: 1.- Contact BB to see their solution. 2.- Buy a new keyboard in eBay, and replace it myself. There are good tutorials in youtube. I will keep you informed about it. In case I broke my cellphone, I think I will go for a Samsung. I got a one year contract on my Q10.
    Last edited by mrafael; 10-09-13 at 03:17 PM.
    10-09-13 01:41 PM
    I am not looking forward to this on my Q10 thankfully it hasn't happened yet.

My 9900 types 6 when I type F occasionally.

Posted via CB10
    10-09-13 01:47 PM
    I have a white q10 but no problem at all..
    Deanig_12 likes this.
    10-09-13 02:07 PM
    Hello: Today my Q10, starter with a keyboard issue. The "Enter" - "Return" key has become very sensible. As some of the user has described previously. As the rest I am frustrated. On the past I changed a 9900 keyboard because "water" got into it. I do not see that the problem will be solved by itself, so I will do the following: 1.- Contact BB to see their solution. 2.- Buy a new keyboard in eBay, and replace it myself. There are good tutorials in youtube. I will keep you informed about it. In case I broke my cellphone, I think I will go for a Samsung. I got a one year contract on my Q10.
    Had this too. Keyboards of the Q10 are worthless...
    Return your the device to your reseller for an exchange within the warranty.
    10-10-13 08:32 AM
    Had this too. Keyboards of the Q10 are worthless...
    Return your the device to your reseller for an exchange within the warranty.
    Today I went to the reseller/carrier wich is Telcel in M�xico. The technician said that the keyboard is OK and that is the expected behavior. But if I felt that it should be reviewed by Blackberry, the can send it to them. It takes about a month to have it back. They mentioned it is mainly because it has to go to Canada. I know that some of them are actually assembled in M�xico, specifically in Guadalajara, the city where I live.
    As an additional thing, I ordered a keyboard through eBay (Hong Kong), the price is less than $20.00 USD plus shipment.
    Should I send the phone to Canada? or Should I repair it myself?
    10-14-13 05:15 PM
64 123