First off, let me say that I am a long-time blackberry user (though this is my first touch-screen BB) and I have now lived with the device for about 3 weeks. In general I am pleased with the device, though I have noticed a number of things that I cannot do with the new operating system and would like help in figuring out how to do so, or some ideas on work-around solutions, if any. I have scoured the menus looking for solutions already, and have checked many of the threads here as well. My issues are:

1) The device has slow transitions. This is most noticeable within email, as I will press and hold C to compose an email, and while the New Email screen is opening, I have already begun typing the first addressee�s name . Invariably the Blackberry misses the first 2 or 3 key strokes, so that if I were typing �Nelson�, the first thing the device registers is the �L�; the �N� and �E� are lost to the slow transition. Is there any way to turn off, or speed up, these transitions? Same issue when replying, forwarding, etc.
    2) The Lock Screen: I like to put my name and contact information on the lock screen itself, so that if I were to lose my phone and a good Samaritan felt like returning it, they would have a way to find me. As it is now, my Lock Screen shows the date/time, # emails in my box, and my next upcoming appointment. Can I change the information shown on this screen?
    3) The Voice Control seems like it could be a very useful function. I cannot find a one-touch or hard-key that activates it, though. It would seem that if there were a single key that you could press to bring it up that would make the most sense. I have tried the �0� key, since it has the Voice Control icon, but all it does it open the search function. Seems the best usability for Voice Control would be the ability to press a button without looking at your device (while driving perhaps) and then be able to dictate.
    4) Why do some applications disappear when closed/minimized, whereas others stay in the Recent Apps tray? The Voice Control as an example disappears completely when closed/minimized, whereas most others remain in the Recent Tray?
    5) For those apps that stay in the Recent Tray, are they still open, running in the background, and taking up battery/processor capacity? If so, is there a way to do a single swipe that not only minimizes, but closes them completely? Seems kind of silly to have to make 2 motions to close an application � swipe upwards, followed by tapping on the X the close�
    6) What happened to profiles? As an office person, I typically keep my audible alerts low (and have no alert for email) during the day/week, but on weekends I like all alerts to be louder, including email. It used to be that I had Loud and Normal profiles on the older operating system. Is there a way to replicate that so that I can change with minimal adjustments?
    7) Within my email (I am on an exchange server) I often file emails from my handheld to folders within my inbox that reside on my desktop email. If the trail is recent, when I hit �File�, the BB properly predicts which folder I would want to file it in. For example if I put all emails from my wife in a folder called �Home�, when I hit File, the �Home� folder is already selected (BB �highlights� it), all of which is great, BUT I cannot figure out a key to press to get it to file there � the BB requires me to tap the screen to file the email. I have tried Return/Enter but that doesn�t work, and hitting �I� again (which is the One-Touch key to bring up File in the first place) starts a search for a folder starting with the letter I�
    8) Also within the Folder in my Inbox on my desktop, some of the folders have an icon of two blue arrows forming a circle, whereas some folders do not. Does anyone know what that icon means?

Thanks very much.
    07-01-13 02:42 PM
    No way to speed up transitions, it's annoying sometimes.

For voice control, hold down the mute key between the volume up and down keys.

Under the display options you can add your info to the locked screen.

Yes if it's in an active frame it is still running in the background, the theory behind this is multitasking for speed. Voice control closes immediately because there's no use to keep it running as an active frame.

For profiles, try using the volume rockers to turn the notifications louder and quieter (or to vibrate/off by turning all the way down)
    Another good alternative in addition to using volume keys to adjusting alert volume is the app BeBuzz.

Posted via CB10
    07-01-13 02:50 PM
    Thanks! Consider Lock Screen and calling up Voice Command fixed for me.
    07-01-13 03:31 PM
    Thanks! Consider Lock Screen and calling up Voice Command fixed for me.
    Yah, I was about to point out the lock screen thing. The others BB should fix or tweak. They definitely need to add profiles, and custom vibration lengths and all of those things...
    07-01-13 03:34 PM
    For the notifications, you could go into the settings and turn down the master volume (the volume bar is pictured below)
    Q10 Issues - Need help and (hopefully) soultions-img_00000187.png

Posted via CB10
    07-01-13 03:37 PM
    For the notifications, you could go into the settings and turn down the master volume (the volume bar is pictured below)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000187.png 
Views:	177 
Size:	76.2 KB 
ID:	178000

Posted via CB10
    A quicker way to do the same thing is use the volume keys on the side.

Posted via CB10
    07-01-13 04:03 PM