I switched from iOS to Blackberry because of the keyboard in iOS. I love the touch keyboard on Blackberry, think it's fantastic. The Q10 is even better if you're prepared to sacrifice screen real estate for the best keyboard experience possible on a mobile phone.
    I had numerous touch screen devices (android, iOS) but when Zed10 was launched I got it without even thinking for a second and had no regrets. My biggest question was how am I going to convince myself to switch to Q10 after such an amazing phone as Zed10. I could not even think about going back to QWERTY. But when I was chequing again Zed10 at Rogers store when I came for the Q, there were at least 5 people in the store, just buyers, who were almost shouting " don't even think about Z - the Q10 is the best". And I don't regret the choice I made that moment. The OP should try the Q10. It will convince him to go for the Q.

Posted from Q10 on CB10
    06-01-13 10:35 PM
    Just my 2 cents as a user who switched from iphone 3gs to BlackBerry q10 (and never looked back in the last week).
    As I looked at the apps I used on regular base on my iphone i realised that it was just:
    - browsing
    - textmessaging
    - e-mails
    - calender
    For this purposes both BlackBerry devices are perfect choices from my point of view! If you send a lot mails or text messages the q10 might be the device of your choice because of the physical keyboard (which i love a lot!). The on-screen keyboard of my old iPhone is a piece of crap compared to the blackberry one!

greetings from germany, k_f
    No doubt that vitual keyboard on iPhone is terrible. I was having trouble typing right words in a single sentence in the past with the iPhone keyboard. I can't imagine how Home Depot guys can tolerate it especially as a business phone. Virtual keyboard on Z10 is totally different, for me, it is the best keyboard on glass by far. Everyone whom I know uses smartphone for mainly communication (emails, text, talking), about 90% of his/her time. So for communication and calendar organization, BB10 is the right phone for you. Of course, if you don't want to type on glass anymore, Q10 is a good pick.

Posted via CB10 on my adorable Z10
    06-01-13 10:35 PM
    Better to have them all, e.g q10+iphone or q10+nexus4(or other android flagships)~not enough software on bb10 platform for this moment, and I believe BlackBerry wouldn't change their way of doing business too much, thus, there also wouldn't be so many apps like what android have...

Posted via CB10
    I have Q10 and iPhone 4S and the reason to have 2 phones is that the software that I use as token to Citrix is not released yet on BB10. As soon as it will be released, I contacted app vendor and they told me native app in works, i'll put the iToy in the treasure box.

Posted from Q10 on CB10
    06-01-13 10:41 PM
    For me IOS will never get my business as I do not,prefer not or will ever use apple products!
    I was an original and long time user of pda type phones ranging from palm to blackberry then to android! I switched over from a BlackBerry 9900 to an samsung galaxy note! Overall experience was bad! The in accuracy of the touch type technique plus inferior touch type programs never sold me! Even after 2+ yrs of touch typing and I know I type correctly incurrs for me constant typing errors to the point it's frustrating! I will never use a touch type virtual keyboard device ever again! I do use a android tablet as well and will make the switch over to playbook soon once os 10 launches for playbook! I'm done with android once and for all! The inaccurate touch typing does not work for me! It's time consuming! Annoying! And not user friendly! If swype is the best it's gonna get then adroid needs to bring their virtual keyboard back to the drawing table! R and D all over again!

I cannot believe or picture someone that relies on daily email communication to use a touch type device ever!?!? BlackBerry has won me over and I will never switch to a non BlackBerry device ever again!

Posted via CB10
    06-02-13 01:14 AM
    For me IOS will never get my business as I do not,prefer not or will ever use apple products!
    I was an original and long time user of pda type phones ranging from palm to blackberry then to android! I switched over from a BlackBerry 9900 to an samsung galaxy note! Overall experience was bad! The in accuracy of the touch type technique plus inferior touch type programs never sold me! Even after 2+ yrs of touch typing and I know I type correctly incurrs for me constant typing errors to the point it's frustrating! I will never use a touch type virtual keyboard device ever again! I do use a android tablet as well and will make the switch over to playbook soon once os 10 launches for playbook! I'm done with android once and for all! The inaccurate touch typing does not work for me! It's time consuming! Annoying! And not user friendly! If swype is the best it's gonna get then adroid needs to bring their virtual keyboard back to the drawing table! R and D all over again!

I cannot believe or picture someone that relies on daily email communication to use a touch type device ever!?!? BlackBerry has won me over and I will never switch to a non BlackBerry device ever again!

Posted via CB10
    Had Note 1 myself and switched to 9900 for 4 month before Zed10 launch.

Posted from Q10 on CB10
    06-02-13 09:21 AM

Posted via CB10
    So how is touch typing different on playbook and android devices?

sent from my Verizon Note2...
    06-02-13 09:33 AM
    Typing is much more accurate on the playbook.

Posted via CB10
    dollface likes this.
    06-02-13 09:40 AM
    People saying ios didn't change never actually used the first iphone. Though I agree that ios 6 seems dated compared to other systems. On the other hand it really just works (at least it did for me over 5 years)

I switched from a 4s to a Z10 and i like it. However be aware that there will be things that wont work flawlessly.
    For me the feeling of trying something new is refreshing so im patient with this new OS. In the end you have to decide for yourself.

And one more thing:
    I once switched from an iPhone 3gs to a 9900 (my first bb). Lasted for a week.
    Got my z10 for 2 months and still love it.

Posted via CB10
    06-02-13 11:01 AM
    @Admorris: considering myself as one of the people "left in the world", I don't really consider Apps as a major reason to make a decision for platform A or B, and I have a strong feeling that of course not everybody has the same opinion in this matter like I have, it is still a strong number of people who don't make their decision upon the number of available (mostly leisure time) Apps.

Posted via CB10
    dollface likes this.
    06-02-13 01:57 PM
    I'm switching from the iphone4s and I can't freakin wait!! I hate typing on this phone can't wait for my qwerty key board!
    06-02-13 04:07 PM
    I have been switching back and forth between Iphone and Blackberry and occassionally but very briefly tried Android (hated Android). I am currently using an Iphone 5 and switched to that from the 9900 when blackberry delayed the launch of Blackberry 10. I have tried the q10 and the z10 and have been thinking of switching to the q10. My holdback is that on the 9900 with one touch of my screen I was in my email or bbm or text as I had them as icons on my screen the gesture method seems to be a little bit more cumbersome to do so. I like the 9900 having the Blackberry/menu key made it easier to perform some tasks in my opinion. Any thoughts from any users of the q10 on this? I do like the iphone for some of the apps and the way it is so easy to deal with music etc. More specifically would like to know how you found the transition from the 9900. Or from Iphone guys how they found the transition and what they missed about Iphone
    06-27-13 12:57 PM
    Definitely get a q10 my friends has an iphone 4 16gb and we swapped phones for a week generally she said that the blackberry q10 was far superior iphones are ok but compare ip4 to BlackBerry q10 I would have to say BlackBerry q10 is so much better in camera memory texting calling calendar everything! The ip4 browser is much slower I find it easier to type with the QWERTY keyboard than the touch screen. Sure the apps are ok but they have some of the iphone apps like doodle jump and the famous loveable pou!I've always been kinda a apple fan but I take it back I was thinking to get a 4 then saw the q10 and couldn't resist then I saw my friends 'bragging' about her iphone and I don't get what the fuss is about. If you love your IOS apple products over blackberry I would recommend getting a q10 and a ipad with a sim(which my younger sister has) And with ipads that have Sims you can get any sim at any price!

I would strive to the blackberry q10 it's more practical and superior than an iphone 4 and many websites compare the specs and say an q10 vs iphone 4 16gb has more reasons to buy!If you're fan of touchscreen and keyboard (like me) this is the phone to get (the battery is really longer on a bb)
    vivaleces likes this.
    09-18-13 03:03 PM
    I have been using Q10 for past two months now and I am happy that I don't regret the decision of switching over from android. The build quality is amazing and so is the OS in simple love it though u take couple of days to get an hang of it but after u will use it u will never go back to any other OS . It's perfect blend of business or rather a good communicating device to a good entertaining device as well. And regarding the lack of apps I don't think that's an issue anymore specially after u can sideload all the major apps . The apps that I have downloaded so far are -flipboard , snapchat, pulse, Pinterest , google map . Camera quality is also amazing and lastly the keyboard is just amazing what an experience after typing from touch screen to physical keyboard and to top it up they have both auto correct and suggestion bar so it's really smooth and fluid .
    10-11-13 01:13 AM
    I sold my iPhone 5 for Q10
    I thought that the iPhone was the best phone out there, but I was wrong.
    Q10 is perfect in every way.
    The Os is faster and the multitasking is awesome.
    I have never regret it and from now on only BB.
    The only thing that iPhone is a little better is the camera and appstore
    I hope that BB world will get better with more apps
    Q10 all the way

Posted via CB10
    dollface likes this.
    10-11-13 02:07 AM
    No matter the problems BlackBerry 10 it still kicks iCrap

Posted via CB10
    10-12-13 09:06 PM
    iPhone 5S is the best now!
    I already have a blackberry Z10, I love it, but if I think of switching it will be for IPhone 5S

Posted via CB10
    10-12-13 09:11 PM
    Or maybe they are on their way of plateauing if they just sit idly and not do stuff. Of course, Apple just brainwashed lots of people so it takes time.
    And when everyone advertises "download our app on your Blackberry" instead of your iPhone I will reconsider and take my Q10 out of my bottom drawer, and place my iPhone there.
    10-13-13 10:39 AM
    Apples marketing strategy: make it look pretty, new words for features, cool music, make it unique (only apple products to work on it), price it high and shame those who don't like it.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-13 07:36 PM
    Apple's only fault is price. They obviously appeal though: largest company in the world in 2012.

Even so, I'm loving the current underdog... my signature says it best...

Blackberry is dead; long live Blackberry!
    10-13-13 08:13 PM
69 123