so i walked in to ask these guys when the Q10 was arriving. i bought my Z10 across the street Day 1 it came out at the Best Buy store, so figured these guys would be awesome in the knowledge dept too, considering its a MOBILE only store. first salesperson didnt know what the hell i was talking about when i said Q10. she looked puzzled. i then said BlackBerry. she had no idea, so walked towards the other salespeople at the cashier area.

i then asked the person there, and she said, "the BlackBerry??!? yea, its being pushed back a Quarter." i was like what....no, its coming in June. she said, "yea no. theyre having issues and still testing the phone, and its been pushed back a quarter." i looked confused, then she asked in a lower voice with some disgust...."why would you want a BlackBerry????" i went off on my typical schpeil abt it being the best phone EVER etc, then realized this was pointless and walked out.

just wanted to share my experience w you guys. ugh.
    a1s2d3f4g5, SDTRMG and Suhailone like this.
    05-21-13 07:01 AM
    Which carrier did you ask about?
    05-21-13 11:38 AM
    all.

Posted via CB10
    05-21-13 12:42 PM
    I went to a Verizon store on 86th Street here in Manhattan last night and overheard someone asking about the Q10. The people working there didn't seem to have much info besides it would be available in June and they hadn't received any yet. I was the on who ended up telling the person inquiring all of the details about the phone lol
    Nazoomer likes this.
    05-21-13 02:39 PM
    Sometimes don't you just wanna reach over the counter and slap these carrier sales reps. I mean it has nothing to do with that fact they don't like BlackBerry, but how can you work at a mobile only store and have no knowledge of a new mobile phone, also really gets at me when they try to change my purchase like I don't know what android or iPhone is.

If I wasn't a well mannered person I'd knock some sense in these sales reps heads. I own a retail clothing store so it baffles me when they don't out the customer first.

Posted via CB10 - FinalD_WPG - C00016D82
    05-21-13 03:55 PM
    I have yet to meet a phone company rep who knows anything about BlackBerry 10. They're literally clueless and it is horrible. They're actually presenting themselves as very very STUPID. Pretty harsh? Nope, they really are stupid. Facts are facts.

Posted via CB10
    05-21-13 04:54 PM
    I have actually made legitimate complaints to the management of my provider as a result of having called them for some network support and the rep I spoke with literally stated, "I hate BlackBerry." I said, "excuse me?" and began explaining how inappropriate that is. These representatives NEED to be coached on avoiding voicing such harsh and ridiculous opinions when supporting their NETWORK, because that's why they get paid. All they represent is a network and the company who built the services into the network, NOT the actually brands their network supports. Ever since I made my initial complaint to SaskTel management, they no longer act like immature fanboys of apple or android and must press their "mute button" before insulting BlackBerry while working their queue.

Posted via CB10
    05-21-13 05:00 PM
    Rep's are not paid to voice harsh opinions based on anything. They're paid to provide support to whomever needs it, regardless if the client choses BlackBerry or something else.

Posted via CB10
    waterfrontmgmt likes this.
    05-21-13 05:01 PM
    so i walked in to ask these guys when the Q10 was arriving. i bought my Z10 across the street Day 1 it came out at the Best Buy store, so figured these guys would be awesome in the knowledge dept too, considering its a MOBILE only store. first salesperson didnt know what the hell i was talking about when i said Q10. she looked puzzled. i then said BlackBerry. she had no idea, so walked towards the other salespeople at the cashier area.

i then asked the person there, and she said, "the BlackBerry??!? yea, its being pushed back a Quarter." i was like what....no, its coming in June. she said, "yea no. theyre having issues and still testing the phone, and its been pushed back a quarter." i looked confused, then she asked in a lower voice with some disgust...."why would you want a BlackBerry????" i went off on my typical schpeil abt it being the best phone EVER etc, then realized this was pointless and walked out.

just wanted to share my experience w you guys. ugh.
    The phone is actually still being field tested and there's not gurantee it comes comes out anytime soon.
    05-21-13 05:07 PM
    Verizon wireless website says June release for the Q10

June 14th date
    "The Global Ready BlackBerry Q10 will be available for pre-order in the coming weeks and will be available for purchase online and in Verizon Wireless stores in June. Users will be able to choose from Black or White color models, with the White model being a Verizon Wireless exclusive. Customers can sign up for additional information here."
    BlackBerry Q10 - Verizon Wireless BlackBerry Q10
    05-21-13 05:13 PM
    The phone is actually still being field tested and there's not gurantee it comes comes out anytime soon.
    theres a major difference between actual JUNE and "another QUARTER"...
    05-21-13 05:18 PM
    Rep's are not paid to voice harsh opinions based on anything. They're paid to provide support to whomever needs it, regardless if the client choses BlackBerry or something else.

Posted via CB10
    I had to call my carrier last week about some insane data usage. I didnt even tell him what I had after he said "your apps can do things in the background, I started getting really high data usage when I was at work because my iPhone was just sitting in my pocket using data, so if you know how to turn off data maybe you should do that". At that point I refused to tell him what phone I carry (ATT can't see it since it was never officially released) so I just told him my phone was EOL'd and I was familiar with how to turn off data, but that I didn't use 2 gigs of data in 48 hours on a phone I have carried for a year and a half. At least he was nice and credited me the two gigs of data. But it was a real awkward phone conversation with me trying to be nice about his clear lack of knowledge of smartphones.
    05-21-13 06:27 PM
    I forgot to add the best part about my experience in the Verizon store. The woman kept asking the Verizon employee why was the phone delayed, she thought it was coming in May, and the Verizon employee blamed Blackberry! She said it's Blackberry's decision and they are the ones pushing it back. If I'm not mistaken, isn't it he carriers fault?
    05-21-13 07:45 PM
    T-Mobile store on 57 th street ( near 7th Ave) told me last week the will have the Q10 before June 15th. They seemed pretty confident about it and they said they are already expecting a large initial stock cause there is demand for it.

They also have the Z10 on a very prime display position at that store

Posted via CB10
    theclipart likes this.
    05-21-13 09:53 PM
    The only reason i like clueless carrier reps is because it makes it more "fun" when i call them out on it.
    Ill go into the ATT store every now and then and ask questions about the q10 and what not. Usually the rep just says "idk" but every now and then ill get that android/iphone fanboi...and dont get me wrong, theres nothing wrong with being a fanboy, i mean most of us on this site are. but when i get those reps telling me to buy the iphone or gs4, i go off on them, and every time they dont have a response, usually they just shut up and tell me to have a good day. A lot of people have posted how they have just walked out, but walking out doesnt change a persons perception, only completely proving them wrong does.

I mean i think almost everyone on this forum knows more about phones than your average rep! I know i do!
    05-21-13 09:54 PM
    I've had experienced guys at the best buy mobile stores (which I prefer since all carriers are there) as far as Best Buy stores in general they don't have the knowledge.

Sometimes in Magnolia they do, but overal you get what you pay for. At least they're not commission so if you DO find a good rep I tend to stay with that store.

Unfortunately they don't have a best buy where I currently live so only when I'm back I can visit, but trust me. You'll miss them if where you are nothing "similar" is available

- Sent from my Commodore 64
    05-22-13 12:59 AM
    i must have walked into every att store in downtown nyc....even in outside of dc when i get there. ever since the z came out, im on a personal mission for bb to see if the reps are knowledgeable abt the brand and note where the phone is on display and if its even on. 7 times out of 10, the phone is in a lonely back corner, turned off, and the salespeople try to talk me into a samsung or iphone. its a given now from my experience that the bb has a stigma attached to it. depending on my mood, i whip out my phone and start demoing it to them and the customers, showing them the power of the OS and having them realize this IS the best phone out there. theyre always speechless.

my favorite was when i walked into a best buy in md a week ago, asked the guy abt the bb Z & Q...and he told me, "the blackberry?!? yea i dunno....theyre not going to do well. they got bought out by microsoft. hey, the iphone is awesome you should go for that phone!" when i tell him i hate the iphone and theyre all at home just sitting in my drawer collecting dust, he just stood there with his mouth agasp...
    05-22-13 04:44 AM