So am I. Outlook the application, not Outlook.com. The program on my computer. I have those three email addresses on my Outlook app, and they all sync more or well seamlessly with my BlackBerry. My EAS account syncs calendar and contacts too.

I don't understand why people are saying Outlook doesn't sync...

Posted via CB10
    10-05-13 01:32 PM
    So am I. Outlook the application, not Outlook.com. The program on my computer. I have those three email addresses on my Outlook app, and they all sync more or well seamlessly with my BlackBerry. My EAS account syncs calendar and contacts too.

I don't understand why people are saying Outlook doesn't sync...

Posted via CB10
    Just curious. Is your Outlook setup to pull email from a web account?

Posted via CB10
    10-05-13 01:38 PM
    Really, what's a "web account"? I have three email addresses, all set up in Outlook Desktop and my BlackBerry:

* Work, which is a Gmail based email but using our companyname.com not gmail.com. Set up on BlackBerry using IMAP. Only sync mail, by choice.

* Personal, using MS Exchange account using a custom server name not outlook.com. Set up on BlackBerry using EAS. Sync mail, calendar and contacts.

* Personal Yahoo! account, using [email protected]. Set up using IMAP. Only sync mail, by choice.

They all work fine. The two IMAPs can be a little slow at times, but fully functional. EAS is instant, perfect sync. Faster than my desktop software.

So I don't understand what people mean when they say Outlook not syncing...

Posted via CB10
    10-05-13 01:53 PM
    Yes but they are all pulling from other servers and not your computer itself. Your BlackBerry isn't pulling the emails from your computer.

Posted via CB10
    10-05-13 01:56 PM
    hey

I am not so far as this :-(
    have latest soft and firmware and windows 7 64bit on PC.
    I can't sync anything as the configure fileds stay gray , I cannot click on them.
    Tried everything, uninstall this and that, nothing helped!
    also now Link has an User account warning shield an need 7 min to start !!
    thx for helping
    Nick
    Try opening Link as "Administrator". I had to do that the first time syncing with outlook 2007 and BBLINK (latest ver). After the first time I was able to open normally and all syncs perfectly. I only use outlook 2007 for syncing contacts and calendar and not any web accounts.

Posted via CB10
    10-05-13 01:58 PM
    Really, what's a "web account"? I have three email addresses, all set up in Outlook Desktop and my BlackBerry:

* Work, which is a Gmail based email but using our companyname.com not gmail.com. Set up on BlackBerry using IMAP. Only sync mail, by choice.

* Personal, using MS Exchange account using a custom server name not outlook.com. Set up on BlackBerry using EAS. Sync mail, calendar and contacts.

* Personal Yahoo! account, using [email protected]. Set up using IMAP. Only sync mail, by choice.

They all work fine. The two IMAPs can be a little slow at times, but fully functional. EAS is instant, perfect sync. Faster than my desktop software.

So I don't understand what people mean when they say Outlook not syncing...

Posted via CB10
    You are talking about an exchange server for outlook (outlook exchange not outlook.com) and the OP is referring to the stand alone outlook desktop (no exchange-straight imap or pop3) like Outlook 2007/2010.

Posted via CB10
    10-05-13 02:01 PM
    Right. Why would I want my BlackBerry to pull from my computer itself if it can just pull from the servers? I'm confused.

Posted via CB10
    10-05-13 02:35 PM
    Right. Why would I want my BlackBerry to pull from my computer itself if it can just pull from the servers? I'm confused.

Posted via CB10
    A lot of people, my guess is mostly small businesses like myself, have run our business on MS Office/Outlook-97'/2003/2007/2010 from the beginning of MS Office. For some, like myself, we can't use a cloud system due to the nature of our business for security reasons. Therefore, a stand alone prorgram is better. Outlook desktop stand alone program is a stand alone email client that works just like Outlook Exchange but not on a network and therefore not cloud-type based clients like Gmail, outlook.com, yahoo, exchange--which all store and sync through the infamous cloud. One of the outstanding features of BlackBerry throughout the years has been the ability to sync with Outlook. The OP also apparently does not use a cloud storage system and therefore needs to sync locally with Outlook. Hope this makes it clearer.

Posted via CB10
    andy957 likes this.
    10-05-13 03:12 PM
    A lot of people, my guess is mostly small businesses like myself, have run our business on MS Office/Outlook-97'/2003/2007/2010 from the beginning of MS Office. For some, like myself, we can't use a cloud system due to the nature of our business for security reasons. Therefore, a stand alone prorgram is better. Outlook desktop stand alone program is a stand alone email client that works just like Outlook Exchange but not on a network and therefore not cloud-type based clients like Gmail, outlook.com, yahoo, exchange--which all store and sync through the infamous cloud. One of the outstanding features of BlackBerry throughout the years has been the ability to sync with Outlook. The OP also apparently does not use a cloud storage system and therefore needs to sync locally with Outlook. Hope this makes it clearer.

Posted via CB10
    Thank you. Explains what I was trying to get at.

Posted via CB10
    10-05-13 06:47 PM
    Thank you for explaining that. So BlackBerry cannot sync to this? Can other platforms?

Posted via CB10
    10-05-13 06:56 PM
    Thank you for explaining that. So BlackBerry cannot sync to this? Can other platforms?

Posted via CB10
    Yes, BlackBerry via Link can sync to outlook 2003/07/10/13 and "Outlook 365"- though I don't know much about 365 other than its a subscription web based program using the MS Cloud. BlackBerry will sync with nearly every email program cloud based or not. When you load Link (newest version) you have to make sure you have all other versions of link and BBDM if still on your PC, Uninstalled (not deleted but uninstalled via Pc/control panel / programs and features/uninstall) then load a clean version of link. Reboot your Pc, open Link/plug phone in and let Link discover your phone and prepare it. Once that is done, click on "Contacts and calendars" on the left side of link page and then click on Contact-configure and set it up. It will detect if you are using Outlook and ask if you want to sync with Microsoft outlook- check that box and save-do the same with calendar (check 30 days or it will go bact to beginning of your calendar entries) and once it's done click on sync! I always sync 2-way but you may want to go from your PC/outlook to your device first time. It works and quite well on this go around. Good luck!

Posted via CB10
    10-05-13 07:08 PM
    Correct!!!! We are speaking about the Outlook desktop/Laptop program NOT Outlook.com which is not NOT 100% secure.

Is there anyone anywhere who has successfully synced BB Z10 or BBQ10 with outlook program on their desktop Not using Cloud (outlook.com) ? (or their service provider which is also not secure). I am amazed that RIM took away this feature which all the other smart phones can still do.
    Last edited by Frustrated BB Purchaser; 10-20-13 at 11:55 AM.
    10-20-13 11:41 AM
    CAN OTHER PLATFORMS DO THIS?

Posted via CB10
    10-20-13 01:44 PM
    Correct!!!! We are speaking about the Outlook desktop/Laptop program NOT Outlook.com which is not NOT 100% secure.

Is there anyone anywhere who has successfully synced BB Z10 or BBQ10 with outlook program on their desktop Not using Cloud (outlook.com) ? (or their service provider which is also not secure). I am amazed that RIM took away this feature which all the other smart phones can still do.
    Yes! I have and do sync outlook 2007 daily with my Q10 via link and have never had an issue. Syncs calendar and contacts flawlessly, If you can't, the first rhing to do is uninstall link from your PC using control panel, then reboot your PC and reload Link 1.1.1.41 (whatever latest is) and the open, sign in and plug in phone afterwards. Then let it do it's thing and then when phone is prepared, click on sync and configure for outlook and, finally sync everything. Good luck!

Posted via CB10
    10-20-13 05:04 PM
    I sync my contacts with outlook 2007 as well. Had a problem first couple of times but lately been flawless.

Posted via CB10
    10-20-13 08:46 PM

CAN OTHER PLATFORMS DO THIS?

Posted via CB10
    Once again, so there is no misunderstanding. Outlook 2007 and 2010 sync flawlessly (perfectly) with BB10 using BB Link (any version after 1.1.1.32). The current version of Link is 1.2.0.28.
    Directions:
    1) Uninstall any current version of BB Link on your PC using control panel>programs and features (W7). Click on Blackberry Link and uninstall it.
    2) reboot your PC
    3) go to BB download page and install BB Link version 1.2.0.28 from here: BlackBerry Link - BlackBerry 10 Smartphone to Computer Sync - US
    4) Once downloaded, open BB Link and plug in your phone.
    5) Sign in with your BB ID
    6) Let Link Prepare your phone
    7) Uncheck the box to open when turning on PC and to start sync automatically--you should set at manual as you may not want it to automatically sync every time you plug in your phone or turn it on. Also MAKE SURE THAT THE COMPUTER WINS IN CONFLICTS (IT WILL ASK) AND MAKE SURE AND CHECK THE BOX THAT SAYS "NOTIFY IF ANYTHING FROM COMPUTER OR DEVICE WILL BE DELETED! VERY IMPORTANT WHICH IS WHY I'M TYPING IN CAPS! LOL
    8) click on the box on the left on Sync contacts and calendars and configure each to sync with Microsoft Outlook. (When clicking on contacts it will ask what program to sync with, check MS Outlook)
    9) Make sure and check the 30 day box under calendar configure box as otherwise it will go back as far as your Outlook as stored and put all the back calendar events on your phone. A real pain if you have years of calendar events.
    10) once all is done, on your Phone--go to settings and when open, click on the menu bar (3 dots on bottom right) and click on "CLEAR LOCAL CONTACTS" (and if you wish CALENDARS), because if you don't, the first sync will cause tons of duplicate contacts but by clearing it, the only contacts you will see once its done will be the ones from your Outlook. That said, if you want the local (home) calendar and contacts, don't clear it, but I recommend that you do clear it first.
    11) click on SYNC CALENDAR AND CONTACTS on the left on Link and then sit back and be very patient. It takes a while to do the first sync but once its done it should sync flawlessly each time.
    Good luck to you guys post if you have further issues.
    10-21-13 03:41 PM
    Sorry if this seems like a dumb question but what exactly does DTMB stand for?

Frustrated owner of a Q10
    10-22-13 09:22 PM
    But not secure.
    10-25-13 09:44 PM
    Does anyone know if the desktop loaded outlook can now synced with any BB 10 phone??????
    10-31-13 04:43 PM
    Is there an easy way to transfer Calendar/Contact entries from Local to the BB Link account? Also how do I sync Tasks and Notes, plse? Tks.
    12-16-13 07:58 AM
    I am having 2 issues and I hope someone can help.

So I went to do my first Q10 and Outlook sync. I used the switch device to initially move from my old BB to my Q10.

When I sync, I get two errors, one for contacts and one for calender:

CONTACT ISSUES

"There are 285 entries that contain conflicts between the device Blackberry and the Desktop device." So I cancel the operation. In the box to the right, it says HASH?

CALENDAR ISSUE

New item on Q10 does not move to Outlook.

I am using Outlook 2010 VER 14.0.7162.5000.

Also, I get calendar changes from Outlook to BB, but not from BB to Outlook.

Thanks

[B][/updateB] found my answer here: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...2010-a-839455/
    Last edited by stardotstar; 11-17-15 at 11:24 AM.
    11-17-15 10:56 AM
96 ... 234