Hi,
    have BB Q10 since Monday. Have the newest Link Software and the newest BB Software.

BB LINK OUTLOOK Sync does only sync the Contacts.

BB LINK OUTLOOK Sync does NOT sync the Calendar. It still appears a yellow sign with the message: CPreferencesManager: Configuration Value for /Preferences/Account_2_131074/DevicePin not set in TransConfig.xml for translator RimBB

???????
    Best Andi
    A specific dll needs to be registered in some cases. Please contact BlackBerry support. This will correct your issue before it annoys you

Posted via CB10
    06-26-13 09:59 PM
    I just spent hours with my new Q10 trying to get my Outlook contacts & calendar to sync through BB link. I had the exact same problem as the OP. kept telling me to up date my OS to the same one I already had, and the sync kept failing.
    Then I read through all the posts here, and decided to uninstall both BBDM and BB Link. Then I reinstalled BB link. Voila! All my contacts are downloaded! Lots of duplications on the calendar though.
    I also found all my FB friends in my address book. I did NOT want that, so I had to delete them one by one. That was a pain. THEN I remembered that there was a thread about a setting to stop FB contacts from coming in. Unfortunately I signed in to FB right away & forgot to do that.
    There is a learning curve to this phone, but THANK YOU Crackberry for all the advice I can find here!
    06-26-13 11:22 PM
    I download d the newest Link 1.1.1.32 yesterday ( had .26 on it previously with no issues) and with first 2-way sync I got duplicate copies of contacts (some had 4-5) in both outlook 2007 and my Q10! It seems its linking other contacts otherwizs it seems it would duplicate all the contacts, but it doesn't- just maybe 50 or so. Anyone have any ideas? Any help would be appreciated. Please note that I use Outlook 2007 for my primary email client and calendar/contacts but I do have an Outlook.com account for some other business and it has contacts as well. As always, any help is really appreciated. BTW, I never noticed this with the Link version 1.1.1.26. Thanks!!!
    06-28-13 10:45 AM
    I download d the newest Link 1.1.1.32 yesterday ( had .26 on it previously with no issues) and with first 2-way sync I got duplicate copies of contacts (some had 4-5) in both outlook 2007 and my Q10! It seems its linking other contacts otherwizs it seems it would duplicate all the contacts, but it doesn't- just maybe 50 or so. Anyone have any ideas? Any help would be appreciated. Please note that I use Outlook 2007 for my primary email client and calendar/contacts but I do have an Outlook.com account for some other business and it has contacts as well. As always, any help is really appreciated. BTW, I never noticed this with the Link version 1.1.1.26. Thanks!!!
    I've posted this on two other threads as well in hopes that it may help someone else--and will update all three as I continue down this path. Here goes:
    UPDATE: 1100 contacts takes a while to sort through. Only maybe 50-75 had duplicates and triplicates but I read what seems to be a secret on the (what else) "Help" app under troubleshooting. It seems that when you sync your contacts (and calendar) it automatically syncs with "All" of your different contact apps, i.e. Facebook, Gmail, Outlook.com, OUTLOOK 2007/2010, LinkendIn, Twitter, etc. So if a contact is your contact in any or all of these apps, it creates duplicate contacts in both your device and your PC. HOWEVER--there is a way to "link" them all together. Start by "turning on" all of your contact sources on the Contact application>top settings gear. Then open up your contacts like normal (remember that all these have to be turned on or you'll end up repeating again) and slowly go through each one of the contacts. When you do find a dupicate, tap on the contact (hold down for a min) and you'll have the side menu come up. On the side menu is a box with a check mark in it> click on the checkmark box and then on each of the duplicate or triplicate contacts and they will highlight. Then in the same menu, click on the top person with the "sideways bowtie" looking icon and it will link your duplicate contacts together. Read about it in the "HELP" icon on your home screen under contacts>trouble shooting>duplicates.
    Now, I'm going to go through my Outlook contacts and delete or remove the ones I don't need and duplicates, and then the big test-----resync and see what happens--and then report back.
    I sure hope this helps others and me with this issue. Thanks for reading and I would like to hear comments back please.
    daveycrocket likes this.
    06-28-13 03:03 PM
    I've posted this on two other threads as well in hopes that it may help someone else--and will update all three as I continue down this path. Here goes:
    UPDATE: 1100 contacts takes a while to sort through. Only maybe 50-75 had duplicates and triplicates but I read what seems to be a secret on the (what else) "Help" app under troubleshooting. It seems that when you sync your contacts (and calendar) it automatically syncs with "All" of your different contact apps, i.e. Facebook, Gmail, Outlook.com, OUTLOOK 2007/2010, LinkendIn, Twitter, etc. So if a contact is your contact in any or all of these apps, it creates duplicate contacts in both your device and your PC. HOWEVER--there is a way to "link" them all together. Start by "turning on" all of your contact sources on the Contact application>top settings gear. Then open up your contacts like normal (remember that all these have to be turned on or you'll end up repeating again) and slowly go through each one of the contacts. When you do find a dupicate, tap on the contact (hold down for a min) and you'll have the side menu come up. On the side menu is a box with a check mark in it> click on the checkmark box and then on each of the duplicate or triplicate contacts and they will highlight. Then in the same menu, click on the top person with the "sideways bowtie" looking icon and it will link your duplicate contacts together. Read about it in the "HELP" icon on your home screen under contacts>trouble shooting>duplicates.
    Now, I'm going to go through my Outlook contacts and delete or remove the ones I don't need and duplicates, and then the big test-----resync and see what happens--and then report back.
    I sure hope this helps others and me with this issue. Thanks for reading and I would like to hear comments back please.
    UPDATE:
    It Worked! After following the steps above, I took the plunge with nothing but faith and did a calendar and contact sync using the new 1.1.1.32 Link and the system outlined above.
    The sync went flawlessly with only one instance where the warning box came up (just like its supposed to) to warn me that a few contacts were going to be deleted from my contacts on my PC/Outlook 2007. There were about 10 and after looking at them, I clicked continue and bingo, everything synced as its supposed to with NO duplicates. The only odd thing is that one of the contacts was the Burbank Hilton Hotel (now a Marriott but left it as Burbank) was one that was deleted from my PC, but if I type in the Outlook 2007 search box for it, it magically appears and it still does show in my device contacts, so no idea where it is in the PC contact list but if I need it, I can do a search again. That said it was a leap of faith and some good old ask for directions reading but the problem seems to be solved.
    I am going to make an outline of the steps as I've seen it all over the forums, and post it for others that may need it as they are suffering throught it as well. Thanks and good luck!
    06-28-13 05:23 PM
    Hi,
    have BB Q10 since Monday. Have the newest Link Software and the newest BB Software.

BB LINK OUTLOOK Sync does only sync the Contacts.

BB LINK OUTLOOK Sync does NOT sync the Calendar. It still appears a yellow sign with the message: CPreferencesManager: Configuration Value for /Preferences/Account_2_131074/DevicePin not set in TransConfig.xml for translator RimBB

???????
    Best Andi
    What windows and outlook version you running? I may have an answer for you. Also I believe BlackBerry may have released updated Link software that corrects this.

Posted via CB10
    06-28-13 10:04 PM
    Has anyone performed the two-way syncing with Outlook 2013? Does it work? Any issues?
    06-30-13 04:56 AM
    Just to add - I am using a Mac, running Outlook 2011 (desktop client) version 14.3.5 - and there doesn't seem any way of being able to sync anything from Mac Outlook to the Q10 using BlackBerry link.

The Q10 will sync with the Mac's address book - but doesn't seem to want to do anything with Outlook.

That was exactly the same as on my 8800 running the older BlackBerry Desktop Manager (BBDM) software.

Harry
    06-30-13 06:53 AM
    Just to add - I am using a Mac, running Outlook 2011 (desktop client) version 14.3.5 - and there doesn't seem any way of being able to sync anything from Mac Outlook to the Q10 using BlackBerry link.

The Q10 will sync with the Mac's address book - but doesn't seem to want to do anything with Outlook.

That was exactly the same as on my 8800 running the older BlackBerry Desktop Manager (BBDM) software.

Harry
    The way MAC works is that everything sync's with the 'sync services'. Then the apps get the information from there.

The MAC address book is the native app and its properly retrieving the information from sync services.

With MAC it's never a direct sync between the program and the BlackBerry.

Is Sync Services turn on for Outlook?

Posted via CB10
    06-30-13 11:49 AM
    I have had a number of issues - "sync not successful"; sync button greyed out, "Unable to communicate with device" and finally broke down and phoned tech support at Blackberry - 877-255-2377. Turned out to be my virus software interference, and a wonderfully patient tech support person found this after 2 hours of support time, and cost me nothing (maybe luck, but would have been worth paying for anyway!). Both calendar and contacts sync directly via USB cable to and from my laptop / Q10 very easily now. For those who are frustrated beyond belief, as I was, call your Cell Service Provider (BB told me to do this first so they would not have to charge me), or call BB direct to resolve your problem. I am now a happy Q10 user.
    07-01-13 09:26 AM
    Any solution?
    07-02-13 05:02 AM
    Agreed, and it looks they are paying for it dearly...
    07-03-13 12:43 AM
    Just to add to these posts--I do not have Link on my PC yet as I'm waiting for the Q10 to become available next week--that said, and this is important--it is my understanding from my personal experience and from BlackBerry (RIM) that you MUST UNINSTALL BBDM from your PC prior to loading Link or the sync feature and many other features will not work! I know this to be true as I downloaded the latest Link software about 3 wks ago to just play around with it and get used to it, and it hijacked my Outlook 2007 account permissions. Actually took it over and wouldn't allow me to open it up. My computer guru came over and reset my permissions so I could use it but only after deleting Link first. There is some files in the BBDM that conflict with Link so make sure you Uninstall the BBDM software on your PC using your control panel>Programs and features (so it deletes all the hidden files) then reboot your PC prior to downloading the newest Link (1.1.1.26) update. Afterwards, all should work as promised. I know it will as I have a dev friend on here that uses it. Good luck and hopefully this will help with the problems.
    what about those who actually have two BB phones? say a torch 9810 and a BB10... you need both link and desktop manager to keep both phones updated. how comes blackberry did not think many people may have two phones with different platforms? blackberry needs to get their act together very soon after making loyalist wait for so long...
    07-03-13 12:57 AM
    When I upgraded to Outlook 2013 my BB 9900 Bold could no longer synchronize through the BB Desktop Software. I read some blogs seeking for a solution and someone mentioned their success with Companion Link software. I tried it and it worked for me. Now I can sync my BB 9900 with Outlook 2013. One license costs $49.95 and they give you a 14 day trial period. I decided to buy it.
    07-24-13 08:24 AM
    The synch does NOT work.
    Phone is great but the Link is useless dogfood.
    I have spent hours trying to do basics....the screen is too big and icons are inaccesible.
    The sync never works.
    It is worse than annoying....BB linj is usless.
    08-22-13 07:53 AM
    Hi,
    I have a BB Bold 9930 and Outlook 2013 and have managed to sync with a cable, as I did for previous phones and Outlook versions. One thing you might try is check that your recurring calendar entries DO NOT have this in the recurrence pattern: FREQ=YEARLY;COUNT=1;BYMONTH=11. Instead, it should say, 'every November 23'. BB would not sync these. I had to open each appointment, click on recurrence and change to 'no end date'.
    I am hoping that the BB Q10 will be able to sync this way--am waiting to read that it works before I give up my Bold!
    Good luck.
    09-04-13 11:03 AM
    What windows and outlook version you running? I may have an answer for you. Also I believe BlackBerry may have released updated Link software that corrects this.

Posted via CB10
    Hi, out of the blue, I got the same issue - with sync working fine before.
    Running 1.1.1.41 Link to Z10/OS10.2.0.1047.

Any clues are appreciated.

Thanks,
    Stony
    09-15-13 06:50 AM
    I wasted my money buying both the Z10 and Q10 they are not as good as the old BBs. Cannot SYNC with USB as old phones by default they go wireless. I am distressed perhaps that is the main reason the phones are not selling. RIM has followed the windows phone maker. Same thing with the windows Nokia which I threw away I was so disgusted.
    09-28-13 02:02 AM
    I am really struggling with the Q10 and its new Bugs (excuse me - features)

worst of them all - the inability to synchronize with Outlook... has anybody solved this riddle?

I have the Q10 on Vodafone, with all the latest updates on the device and the Link (with the two-way sync feature)
    I have a Laptop with Outlook 2010
    I will not use gmail/Hotmail or any other web based version to transfer data, as I have no idea how this would work when traveling, or how secure the data would be - just not an option

Issues I am struggling with:
    - the sync does not work.
    - the device is asking which calendar I want to use (?).... uhhhmm - MY CALENDAR! (which is not an option)
    - I have tried to use both Local and Link calendars - nothing transfers to Outlook
    - I have entered appointments and meetings in Outlook - nothing transfers to the device
    - Link is repeatedly stating that there is an update for the device, the device is stating it has the latest software...
    - every time i synchronize - sunc unsuccessful
    - so after waiting for 2 months for the two-way sync version on Link to come out - it does not work - great.

now I will make a choice this week - throw away or find a solution to this issue, because this does not work.

someone told me about a software called Companion Link - does anyone have experience with it?
    I am looking for if it works, what the bugs are, etc
    are there better ways around the engineering disaster of the Q10, or should I just throw this away and kick myself?

any thoughts helpful and welcome - thank you
    I use companion link combined with Dejaoffice and it works like a charm. BUT from past experience with BlackBerry Desktop software and BlackBerry connectivity usually happens with windows. The issues I've ever encountered with links, sync, and calendar info is a windows problem and your antivirus can all cause connectivity issues. Make sure you look up your particular issue/issues on the BlackBerry support boards.
    I've had no issues with curren BlackBerry link and my Q10 and I'm running a leaked os.Syncing is awesome and dejaoffice, companionlink all work great together.

Posted in CB forums and on Bbos leak 10.2.1047
    09-29-13 01:42 PM
    The link does NOT WORK and RIM knows. It is just smoke and mirrows. If you go to help in Blackberry Link it states quite clearly " Depending on your wireless service provider, this feature ( manually Syncing Calender and Contacts ) might not be available". The sync can only be done wirelessly. The question is did RIM throw us the faithful under the bus as the plan was always to sell the company and so they do not care. This problem has been highlighted for many months and they have done NOTHING ABOUT IT!!!!!! . Those persons who believe that they are syncing securely are WRONG.
    09-29-13 02:54 PM
    The link does NOT WORK and RIM knows. It is just smoke and mirrows. If you go to help in Blackberry Link it states quite clearly " Depending on your wireless service provider, this feature ( manually Syncing Calender and Contacts ) might not be available". The sync can only be done wirelessly. The question is did RIM throw us the faithful under the bus as the plan was always to sell the company and so they do not care. This problem has been highlighted for many months and they have done NOTHING ABOUT IT!!!!!! . Those persons who believe that they are syncing securely are WRONG.
    You service provider disabled it right! I'm on Rogers Wireless and it's awesome! No issues at all for syncing!

Posted in CB forums and on Bbos leak 10.2.1047
    09-29-13 04:47 PM
    That is the point I am making. You cannot sync with your USB cable only. You have to obtain wireless help. That is not secure
    09-29-13 10:33 PM
    hey

I am not so far as this :-(
    have latest soft and firmware and windows 7 64bit on PC.
    I can't sync anything as the configure fileds stay gray , I cannot click on them.
    Tried everything, uninstall this and that, nothing helped!
    also now Link has an User account warning shield an need 7 min to start !!
    thx for helping
    Nick
    10-05-13 10:43 AM
    I don't understand these posts about syncing with Outlook? I sync no problem with my Outlook: three accounts: a Gmail, a EAS and a Yahoo.

Posted via CB10
    10-05-13 11:24 AM
    I don't understand these posts about syncing with Outlook? I sync no problem with my Outlook: three accounts: a Gmail, a EAS and a Yahoo.

Posted via CB10
    I assume they are referring to a personal or home Outlook desktop program and not Outlook.com.

Posted via CB10
    10-05-13 12:56 PM
96 1234