Just wondering if the Q10 that already has a physical Keyboard, does it become a better mobile computing platform than the Z10?

Usually you hear how with a dock, external monitor and added keyboard and mouse the Z10 can be a laptop replacement. Well the Q10 already has a good keyboard and I thought if they had an option of using the Q's screen as a track pad the way a BB remote works with the playbook, you might have a better solution.
    03-30-13 11:03 AM
    You'll have to try it and let people know!
    03-30-13 11:36 AM
    = cell phone connected to a monitor
    howarmat and rnhld like this.
    03-31-13 08:44 PM
    yes - but w/o Excel...
    04-01-13 02:53 AM
    Just wondering if the Q10 that already has a physical Keyboard, does it become a better mobile computing platform than the Z10?

Usually you hear how with a dock, external monitor and added keyboard and mouse the Z10 can be a laptop replacement. Well the Q10 already has a good keyboard and I thought if they had an option of using the Q's screen as a track pad the way a BB remote works with the playbook, you might have a better solution.
    Hmmm I like this way of thinking!
    04-01-13 04:03 AM
    Sounds good, like I said in the other thread, the flick and prediction correction is what I miss when typing on my pc.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-13 04:11 AM
    You'll have to try it and let people know!
    Well its a bit of a hypothetical thought at this point but I think it might be do able in a pinch. The biggest obstacle to me a side from software not being compatible in this function is screen size, especially when trying to navigate complex web pages or filling out forms etc. The only program I run on my pc that I can think of off the top of my head that wouldn't work would be World Community Grid. Other than that I would be curious to give it a try, night be a while though as my current phone is only a year old.

Here is a Z10 demo by bert106 to give you an idea. With the Q10 I think you might not need the bluetooth keyboard and mouse
    Last edited by last_attempt; 04-01-13 at 06:30 PM.
    npunk42 likes this.
    04-01-13 05:55 PM
    Well its a bit of a hypothetical thought at this point but I think it might be do able in a pinch. The biggest obstacle to me a side from software not being compatible in this function is screen size, especially when trying to navigate complex web pages or filling out forms etc. The only program I run on my pc that I can think of off the top of my head that wouldn't work would be World Community Grid. Other than that I would be curious to give it a try, night be a while though as my current phone is only a year old.

Here is a Z10 demo by bert106 to give you an idea. With the Q10 I think you might not need the bluetooth keyboard and mouse
    BlackBerry Z10 using Bluetooth keyboard and mouse - YouTube
    Awesome! That was fabulous!!
    04-02-13 03:50 PM
    Using the Playbook miniKeyboard works perfect. Just plug the Hdmi into the TV and use the miniKeyboard with trackpad.

Easy and fast.

Cheers from Barcelona!
    04-03-13 02:03 AM
    Using the Playbook miniKeyboard works perfect. Just plug the Hdmi into the TV and use the miniKeyboard with trackpad.

Easy and fast.

Cheers from Barcelona!

PArdon me if this is a "bone-head" question, but (as I am not a PlayBook owner)....

Could one, theoretically, get the afrementioned "miniKeyboard with trackpad" to work with a Z10... (??)

If so, are they Bluethooth/Wireless? Seems like one could then dock the phone next to your TV/Monitor, hook in the hdmi cable, and "remotely" operate the unit via the keyboard/trackpad.....

(Enquiring minds want to know)
    04-03-13 01:37 PM
    I would think that the playbook keypad would work perfectly with the Z10, as bert's video above is shown using a non blackberry bluetooth keyboard and mouse. Yes you can use the playbook bluetooth keyboard and trackpad to control the playbook while its hooked up to the TV i do that all the time. Even my curve 9360 can be used in that exact same manner.
    04-03-13 03:32 PM

I asked this question before the Q10 was released as more of a hypothetical question, but now that they're out I'd like to hear from you Q10'ers what you think.
    07-14-13 07:23 PM
    Can anybody give a hand ? I want to get a HDMI cable for my Q 10 to plug it into a projector and some monitors, what I need to know are the technical specifications of the cable, all of the details, so it works on my Q10. Thank you.
    02-13-14 08:40 AM