Today, my second otterbox broke, seems like the rubber on the side of the case stretched over time and it creates a huge gap that comes onto the screen, the case would still be effective, however it is quite the eyesore.

I love the protection the otter box offers, but I'm looking to try something new for a bit. Does the hardshell or soft-shell case fit into the BlackBerry leather pouch, not the holster. Would like to try that combo if it works. Appreciate all answers.
    04-09-14 04:18 PM
    Ah, you trumped me with your last sentence. I know the Q10 with soft shell fits into the OEM Q10 holster, and I'm pretty sure same goes for hard shell. But I don't know about the pouch!

There's only one Q10 in the office here and he has a flip shell on it.

Have you looked into Seidio cases? Like the OEM ones, the Seidio holster (if you buy a combo with case + holster) has a sleeper magnet.
    Here's a rundown of their lineup I gave in a Z10 thread this week:
    A good compromise is a Seidio. They're pricey so shop around, but have very good quality.
    The Surface is their classic line of thin hard shells with that soft-touch feeling. The Active (possibly renamed Dilex?) is relatively thin but tougher than Surface. The Convert is the Surface plus an extra removable shell to go over top of it.
    All Seidio models have an available belt clip holster that has a sleeper magnet like OEM holsters.
    boys_inter likes this.
    04-09-14 04:28 PM
    Ah, you trumped me with your last sentence. I know the Q10 with soft shell fits into the OEM Q10 holster, and I'm pretty sure same goes for hard shell. But I don't know about the pouch!

There's only one Q10 in the office here and he has a flip shell on it.

Have you looked into Seidio cases? Like the OEM ones, the Seidio holster (if you buy a combo with case + holster) has a sleeper magnet.
    Here's a rundown of their lineup I gave in a Z10 thread this week:
    It is definitely worth a look, just can't have these otterboxes faltering on me every time I take it off to clean the device.
    04-09-14 05:02 PM
    I can tell you it won't fit in the pouch. It's a tight squeeze. I posted a few years back how I did this with my 9900. Basically stetched out the leather with a deck of cards and soaked the pouch in water. It never worked 100% but I loved the idea.

Almost need a pouch with some elastic on the side which gives a little

Posted via CB10
    04-09-14 05:27 PM
    I can tell you it won't fit in the pouch. It's a tight squeeze. I posted a few years back how I did this with my 9900. Basically stetched out the leather with a deck of cards and soaked the pouch in water. It never worked 100% but I loved the idea.

Almost need a pouch with some elastic on the side which gives a little
    Have you only ever tried with 9900, or did you actually try this already with the Q10 too?
    04-09-14 05:34 PM
    I have the hard case and like it, but will soon be ordering the pouch for the days that I don't feel I need a case. I don't think the phone plus case would work in the pouch - it's designed to fit a naked device, and I'd prefer it that way.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-14 08:45 PM
    Today, my second otterbox broke, seems like the rubber on the side of the case stretched over time and it creates a huge gap that comes onto the screen, the case would still be effective, however it is quite the eyesore.

I love the protection the otter box offers, but I'm looking to try something new for a bit. Does the hardshell or soft-shell case fit into the BlackBerry leather pouch, not the holster. Would like to try that combo if it works. Appreciate all answers.
    I use the BlackBerry hard shell with belt clip holster case no problem. There is just enough room with the holster to accommodate the phone with hardshell case,and is a great combo!

Posted via CB10
    04-10-14 03:26 AM
    Unfortunately, the hard shell is too tight of a fit with the pouch. Works great with the holster though. I use the pouch when I am rocking the phone naked. For work, I use the holster/hard shell combo.
    04-10-14 10:54 AM
    I use a walnutt case and a screen protector, I also have a sedio surface case and holster. I very rarely use the sedio, usually only throw it on if I am camping, on the motorcycle, etc

Posted via Q10
    04-11-14 07:44 AM
    I know you are looking for pouch compability, but I'll show you what I use.

Verizon Black Shell Case Belt Clip Holster Stand Combo FOR Blackberry Q10 | eBay

This thing is the best thing I had, it's a hard case, which protect the q10, with a belt clip, screen facing toward you for more protection, and a magnet to turn off your device (same as a pouch) + a stand.
    04-11-14 07:50 AM
    Holdster pouch for belt with soft shell case works.
    I use it every day! No issue.
    BlackBerry Official cases
    04-11-14 12:38 PM