hello guys!!!

i've been a member for almost 3 years, but i never wrote anything :-P i've always found the solutions for the problems i had with my GOOD old 9700 ( what a beast ) by looking into the forum.

now i've upgraded to a Q10 since almost 3 weeks. Awesome device, fast, accurate, etc, etc, etc
    i just miss my good old speed dial by holding a key and keyboard shortcut like hit B from homescreen to open the notepad, U for the calculator and so on. but there's one thing that makes me #$%#$@%@%

My GPS doesnt work.
    Right out of the box, my gps worked. Then installed few apps ( 8track, tunein, nobex, weathereye, bx battery info) deleted fews ( facebook, linkedin, twitter, 4 square), backed up contacts, old notes.
    A few days later i had to use my gps but BAM, the gps apps closed 1 second after i hit the button ``get directions``. It happen each time, even after a battery pull and i have the last update installed 10.1.0.238. Wiped the device, started from scrach. Woohoo gps works. Backup my stuff, BAM, it crashes again.
    I can search multiples things, play with the map i can do everything except get directions. I need help :-P

Thanks in advance for any help/support or sympathy :-P

Max from Quebec
    05-17-13 09:41 PM
    Is there way to backup only my contacts? I think ill try to wipe again...

Posted via CB10
    05-20-13 11:17 AM
    Wiped again, started from scratch, backed up my contacts with intouch app. Gps worked like.... 6 hours?!? :-(

anyway once google maps will be available for the Q, i'm in!

Posted via CB10
    06-02-13 02:39 PM
    Sorry for not responding sooner, this sounds like a faulty gps chip within the device if a wipe hasn't solved the issue. Contact BlackBerry support first to see if they have any answers and than work on getting a replacement.

Posted via CB10
    06-02-13 03:06 PM
    Yesterday i got a notification in my hub that an update for maps was available. I downloaded it and woooohooo gps works!

I think it was a known issue so guys from BlackBerry worked on fixing that!!

Thanks for your help Kris and have a nice day!

Posted via CB10
    06-04-13 07:39 PM