Hey there fellow Q10-ers,
    Do you think there is any chance of us getting an add-on/swappable keyboard for our Q10s that would function just like Passport keyboard - gesture/scrolling, etc? I guess I not as excited about Passport as many others, I really like my Q10, and gesture sensitive keyboard would make it even better.

Posted via CB10
    08-18-14 05:36 PM
    I really don't think they would do something like that when all you have to do is go buy the product that is already made, now whether we can afford it or not is another debate.
    08-18-14 05:54 PM
    I think if you want the passport options you will need to purchase one. The Q20 my have the same options but nothing is confirmed yet.

Posted via CB10
    08-18-14 06:05 PM
    I hope over the next few years all pkb devices have the passport keyboard technology unless it is a q5 type cheaper version.

I love what I can do on my Z30 keyboard. And I miss it when I am using my Q10, especially the swipe to delete.

My son whose heart was set on the classic has changed his mind and is now looking to get passport. His experience with all touch wasn't as enjoyable and wants the pkb device. BUT he wants to keep the features of the Z10 keyboard and passport allows him to do that.

Posted via CB10
    08-18-14 07:17 PM
    I believe this would be highly unlikely - it would absolutely take away from the Passport. Maybe another (smaller?) passport iteration in the future with the keyboard, but not likely this.
    08-19-14 02:02 PM
    I believe this would be highly unlikely - it would absolutely take away from the Passport. Maybe another (smaller?) passport iteration in the future with the keyboard, but not likely this.
    BlackBerry should let the Passport have its day in the sun but not exclude using this tech with a form factor that's so popular with its users. Perhaps a touch sensitive keyboard Q10 successor will be the hot device BlackBerry is looking for. The Passport will be for those that desire a big screen and the Q10-successor will be for everyone else, kind of how there are phablets for those that want it and the majority of people have smaller devices.
    08-19-14 02:11 PM