Happy new year everyone

I had a problem with my blackberry Q10
    It dropsinto the water approximately for 30 mins....but aftter picking it out from the water and open it and dry it....and I switched it on but it is always searching network and at the end it draw an red X....means that no any network....but the card it ok I tried to put it into the other phone

Any help please

Posted via CB10
    01-02-14 05:18 AM
    Happy new year everyone

I had a problem with my blackberry Q10
    It dropsinto the water approximately for 30 mins....but aftter picking it out from the water and open it and dry it....and I switched it on but it is always searching network and at the end it draw an red X....means that no any network....but the card it ok I tried to put it into the other phone

Any help please

Posted via CB10
    Ouch!!!! I'm sorry this happened to you. I had a similar situation with my Z10, and I was not able to save it. I'm waiting for a Q10 to arrive today.

I know this is too late to tell you this, but turning it on was not the thing to do, I'm so sorry. What should be done is to remove the battery and the memory card and put the phone in uncooked rice, totally bury the phone in it. Might as well do the same with the battery too, separate from the phone. You can also use those little dessicant packets.

The idea is to draw out all moisture from the device before you put the battery back in and turn it back on.

Sometimes this works.

Best of luck.
    01-02-14 05:30 AM
    I dd that......iafter found it in the water I remove the battery 1st then open it and dry it.....but when I switch it on it still search network

Posted via CB10
    01-02-14 05:42 AM
    I dd that......iafter found it in the water I remove the battery 1st then open it and dry it.....but when I switch it on it still search network

Posted via CB10
    If you put it in rice and left it there a good long while (three or four days) and it's still doing this, it might not fully recover. You say that it searches for network - are you able to use it on wifi? Is the screen responsive? Can you open your different apps such as email, FB, etc?
    01-02-14 05:50 AM
    Lemme try using wifi

Posted via CB10
    01-02-14 05:53 AM
    Lemme try using wifi

Posted via CB10
    As qbnkelt says, it's necessary usually to leave it in the uncooked rice for several days to a week. Another thing to do is swab it out with rubbing alcohol to dissolve minerals and chemicals from the water which will further corrode the circuitry.

Sent from my LG870 via Tapatalk 2
    01-02-14 06:29 AM
    How many days aproxmately....it can it take

@mrs

Posted via CB10
    01-02-14 06:59 AM
    How many days aproxmately....it can it take

@mrs

Posted via CB10
    Usually at least a week is recommended to bury it in uncooked rice. Some phones come back OK for awhile.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2
    01-02-14 09:06 AM
    Good luck, and happy new year, sorry it started like that. Hope your phone will be fine.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2
    01-02-14 09:08 AM