So my almost 2 year old Q10 went wet and died, I tried to fix it through my carrier, but it was given back to me as unfixable. I can switch it on but no app or even contacts would open... is there any possibility to save it? Or should I move on and get a new one (I just got my new Classic).

It had the double-typing issue though, but not at unbearable levels.

Posted via CB10
    09-04-15 05:38 PM
    You can switch it on but no app will open?

Forgive my typos, I don't look when I type
    09-04-15 06:02 PM
    So my almost 2 year old Q10 went wet and died, I tried to fix it through my carrier, but it was given back to me as unfixable. I can switch it on but no app or even contacts would open... is there any possibility to save it? Or should I move on and get a new one (I just got my new Classic).

It had the double-typing issue though, but not at unbearable levels.

Posted via CB10

IF
    you had removed the battery right after it was removed from the water and that battery was not put back in the device while it still had moisture in it, there is a small possibility it can be recovered.
    However, if the battery was left in, the device was wet while under self power for more than a few minutes, or the battery and/or charger was reconnected while still damp, it is probably corroded beyond repair.
    Also if the water it was dropped into was sea water, a conditioned swimming pool, cleaning/mopping solution, or some sort of beverage.... yeah, it's a paper weight now.

Easy way to tell if its corroded is to inspect the battery connection pin, the SIM and SD slots, and the headphone jack for any white or blue/green "powder". If present, it's junk. If any of the items have signs of rust or the metal is discolored brownish, it is junk. If there are water spots that appear to be under the glass of the screen, it is junk.

Otherwise, get a cell phone tool kit and crack it open to do a full inspection:

As you say it will power up, but nothing is responding, it may be the keyboard and touch screen.
    It may be fixable in that case.
    09-04-15 06:09 PM
    That's it, if I press to open contacts f.e., it seems like trying (briefly pops up to suddenly close) but it just won't allow me to access.

Posted via CB10
    09-05-15 06:15 AM
    WTF. Have you tried a factory reset? Your OS seems really shot.

Forgive my typos, I don't look when I type
    09-05-15 07:07 AM
    I'll try, I really don't want to lose my Q10 even as a second device... I'll give you the feedback if I manage to fix it (or not)

Posted via CB10
    09-05-15 09:45 AM
    Thank you for the explanation. I removed the battery as soon as it happened but a week later I tried to turn it on (that's why I know I can't open any app), so maybe it all went wrong at that point. I'll try to fix it through a repair store, I'll tell you the final income of it.

Posted via CB10
    DaFoxGrey likes this.
    09-05-15 09:50 AM
    Great video. Great phone. Have two. Treasure them. Good luck on repair if possible.
    Santutxu likes this.
    09-05-15 12:52 PM