Hi

I have been trying to setup my business email account onto my new Blackberry Q10 for 6 hours now but still no success.

my provider (Vodafone) is telling me the Q10 does not support the business email platform.

I would not be surprised if this is true (it wouldn't be the first time this sort of this has happened) but can anyone help please??

I have tried doing it through Blackberry Link, Microsoft Echange ActiveSync and POP. None work.

On the other hand have setup personal gmail with no issues at all.

VERY Frustrated.
    05-29-13 07:00 AM
    Hi

I have been trying to setup my business email account onto my new Blackberry Q10 for 6 hours now but still no success.

my provider (Vodafone) is telling me the Q10 does not support the business email platform.

I would not be surprised if this is true (it wouldn't be the first time this sort of this has happened) but can anyone help please??

I have tried doing it through Blackberry Link, Microsoft Echange ActiveSync and POP. None work.

On the other hand have setup personal gmail with no issues at all.

VERY Frustrated.
    Which business email platform does it not support? Exchange is a business email platform. so is POP 3.
    05-29-13 07:29 AM
    Many people with Q10's use all of those account types without issue.

There are some known issues in some particular cases with certain scenarios, but to simply state that it "doesn't support business email" is pretty silly to say the least.
    05-29-13 07:38 AM
    I am using ntlbusiness.com (part of Virgin)

Vodafone stated that the Q10 does not support the business email platform but I could try to do it manually.

have tried everything, even contacted Ntl to check the Domain name and Server address... all of which were correct.

Error message states the server is not responding..
    05-29-13 07:42 AM
    You need set smtp username and password to blank and set the smtp server address to your wireless data carrier to get outgoing email to work. Incoming is per normal. I had alot of difficulty also but it works fine now.
    05-29-13 08:11 AM
    thanks.. I'll try it . did you use POP or microsoft exchange?

used it but still not responding.

details entered as below:

Used POP setup
    Username: ***@ntlbusiness.com
    email address: ***@ntlbusiness.com
    password: (email password)
    server address: ntlbusiness.com
    port: 995
    SSL: on
    SMTP Username: left blank
    SMTP password: left blank
    SMTP Server address: ?? not sure what to enter here..my mobile phone provider??
    SMTP port: 465
    SMTP encryption: SSL
    Last edited by sandiemonk; 05-29-13 at 08:28 AM. Reason: missing detail
    Bonnie Bonzai likes this.
    05-29-13 08:16 AM
    Have you contacted your business to get the details of your POP/SMTP servers (or if they use Exchange). They should be able to tell you the correct usernames, server addresses etc. BTW, typically POP is used for receiving mail and SMTP used for sending it. In most cases, the server addresses tend to be of the following format (assume foo.com is the company):
    POP - pop.foo.com
    SMTP - smtp.foo.com

Hope that helps.
    05-29-13 09:39 AM
    thanks, Dr. Bombay. yes. have checked all the details. port numbers are wrong so have changed them but still no connection. I really am near to giving up now. 2 days trying to sort this out is a joke.

I think I will send the phone back and exchange for another model.
    05-29-13 11:30 AM
    SORTED IT!
    setup as a POP account, using the following settings:

Used POP setup
    port: 110
    SSL: off
    SMTP smtp.ntlbusiness.com
    SMTP port: 25
    SMTP encryption: off

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR HELP. MUCH APPRECIATED.
    Last edited by sandiemonk; 05-29-13 at 01:24 PM. Reason: new details
    Thunderbuck and yvpan1 like this.
    05-29-13 01:18 PM
    SORTED IT!
    Would be helpful for others if you would share the solution.
    05-29-13 01:22 PM
    SORTED IT!
    What was the solution?

Posted via CB10
    05-29-13 01:23 PM
    What was the solution?

Posted via CB10
    The solution is the settings sandiemonk has listed above.
    05-29-13 01:33 PM
    The solution is the settings sandiemonk has listed above.
    He edited to include that. Originally he just posted "SORTED".

Posted via CB10
    05-29-13 01:51 PM
    You need set smtp username and password to blank and set the smtp server address to your wireless data carrier to get outgoing email to work. Incoming is per normal. I had alot of difficulty also but it works fine now.

That's interesting because if they really do allow unauthenticated SMTP relay from people not on their own internal network, they are asking for spammers to abuse their mail servers.

This authenticated SMTP issue has been a problem for months but I thought it had been resolved on newer OS releases, I'm more than a bit surprised that I keep seeing this on devices running 10.1.

SORTED IT!
    setup as a POP account, using the following settings: [...]

For what it's worth, none of this should be an issue if you use Exchange ActiveSync, never have seen any mail sending problems on Blackberry 10 using that protocol.
    05-29-13 03:55 PM
    Hi, I did post the solution as Jonty12 says, but for this who missed it:

Used POP setup
    port: 110
    SSL: off
    SMTP smtp.ntlbusiness.com
    SMTP port: 25
    SMTP encryption: off

The Exchange ActiveSync does not work.. hence it took 4 days to find the solution.. even Vodafone did not know how to sort it., so I have informed them also.

Thanks again to everyone for your help.
    05-30-13 07:22 AM
    Just to clarify, does the Q10 support generic IMAP?
    05-30-13 01:01 PM
    Just to clarify, does the Q10 support generic IMAP?
    Yes.

Hi, I did post the solution as Jonty12 says, but for this who missed it:
    I saw that.

The Exchange ActiveSync does not work.. hence it took 4 days to find the solution

MANY people use EAS (Exchange ActiveSync) on the Q10, so my guess is that either their side is broken, or you have a setting wrong somewhere.

Please advise what happened when you attempted to set up a connection via EAS.
    05-30-13 02:48 PM
    Solved in only 9 posts!

Well done CrackBerrians!!
    05-30-13 02:55 PM
    Typical end user BS.

Posted via CB10
    05-30-13 02:58 PM
    could not connect to my email server.

I have to say, this "upgrade" is by far the worst phone I have ever had,

difficult to sync with outlook/ no automatic bcc function/ cannot delete emails on phone only; overall a half-finished release. Makes me think Blackberry were in a hurry to get it on the shelf!! Obviously created by someone who has never had to run a business on the move.
    05-30-13 03:42 PM
    could not connect to my email server.

I have to say, this "upgrade" is by far the worst phone I have ever had,

difficult to sync with outlook/ no automatic bcc function/ cannot delete emails on phone only; overall a half-finished release. Makes me think Blackberry were in a hurry to get it on the shelf!! Obviously created by someone who has never had to run a business on the move.
    Other people are not having issues with outlook sync, so there might be something different about your exchange setup than the others that are not having issues. Have you contact blackberry by email and let them know of your particular issue and how you ended up solving it?

Delete emails on phone only, was a feature with the older BBOS and was known not be a feature in BB10 ever since the Z10 was release. It is great feature and it was one of the reasons I did not upgrade to a BB10 device, but at the end of the day if a phone does not have the features that you want or need and then it is time to get another phone that offers what you need.

I am not trying to run you away from Blackberry, but the reality of the situation is that other people are running their businesses using their Z10 or Q10 and it works for them. If any particular phone does not work you or any other person then it is not the phone for you. I say this because it does not matter how much we may want to like BB10 it may not work from someone coming from an older BBOS device and it maybe time to look at other options.

Right now I got a new BB7 device because it has what I need, (physical keyboard, trackpad, BIS for data compression, and the feature of just deleting emails from my phone and not the server), and even though I get joke for having a older blackberry device, the device works for me and other people opinions really hold no weight with me in regard to how I spend my money on a phone.

I have been talk to by co-workers, interns, friends, sales reps, and even members on crackberry a number of different times about why I should switch a iphone, windows, android, or a bb10 device, but at the end of the day I know that the only phone that will work for me is BB7 and older blackberries with keyboards. My hope is blackberry will improve BB10 platform software and hardware wise, but if they don't and I can no longer get my hands on a BB7 device then I will just go back to a feature phone. That is not what I want to ever have to do, but I have to deal with the reality of the situation.

I might get my hands on a used BB10 Q10 or win one of crackberry to try out, but my main phone will be a BB7 device for the next two years or so unless something changes with BB10 keyboard devices.
    potatoguy likes this.
    05-30-13 11:40 PM
    I had issues first setting mine up trying to do it manually. I eventually just put in the my email address and password and my phone pulled all the other info for me. Give it a shot instead of going all the way through the manual setup.

Posted via CB10
    05-30-13 11:45 PM
    Did they manage to fix the eas through 80port (non ssl) for q10? Latest update

The update is there but luckily for me I tested it on a leak at an earlier time so I was able to rollback firmware.

Posted via CB10
    05-31-13 12:39 AM
    i am not technical but i think that this was an NTL problem not a bberry problem
    i use virgin (used to be ntl)
    my main home email is an ntl addy
    two laptops at home and all of a sudden they wont send emails
    automated reply similar to the one the op mentioned.
    wife called virgin who sorted it straight away for the laptop she uses but it still shows on mine. virgin says that its the ntl addy has passed its sell by date (summat like that)
    i use my q10 for all email with a g mail addy. it works perfectly.
    im a long time bb user. ive got a z and a q10... i love the fones, q10 suits me fine.
    The op should change the title of this thread because it damages the q10's building reputation when in fact its virgin vodafone and whoever else; that couldnt sort it out..
    05-31-13 04:22 AM
    your moaning yet it was you who couldnt work the fone not it that was wrong.
    i find something new every day. you clearly aint that good or you would not have had this trouble.
    bb are listening, no need to bad mouth the fone when it might just take a bit of learning
    (no offence intended, promise)
    rotorwrench likes this.
    05-31-13 04:29 AM
34 12