This is one of those areas where the Z10 has an advantage. Not nearly so silly to put that phone on its side on a table as it is with the Q10.
    02-08-13 12:25 AM
    Can I speculate that BlackBerry will grace us with a Touchstone-esque charging dock???
    decoy7 likes this.
    02-08-13 03:04 AM
    Can I speculate that BlackBerry will grace us with a Touchstone-esque charging dock???
    Not a chance, requires additional hardware internally that isn't there.
    02-08-13 10:33 AM
    at this point, with the charging contacts (most likely) gone (R.I.P. 2013), I think it would nifty if a port is added to the dock to fit the playbook rapid charger!
    03-10-13 07:43 PM
    Keeps the phone charged at all times and looks good doing it. I have one in my car too... I have no immediate plans to switch, "if it ain't broke don't fix it" My 9700 works flawlessly.

No dock would be a big turn off to me. My Son has the Z10 and is disappointed that there is none.
    04-28-13 10:12 PM
    Keeps the phone charged at all times and looks good doing it. I have one in my car too... I have no immediate plans to switch, "if it ain't broke don't fix it" My 9700 works flawlessly.

No dock would be a big turn off to me. My Son has the Z10 and is disappointed that there is none.
    There's one coming out.
    So about that BlackBerry Z10 Charging Dock... | CrackBerry.com
    steinercat likes this.
    04-28-13 10:18 PM
    Check out the app called night ports as dev made it for Z10, but maybe it work for q10 soon.

Posted via CB10, BB10, Z10
    04-28-13 10:53 PM
    You could make a docking station for the Q10, it would just have to have a vertical piece with USB port that the phone slid onto sideways.

Slightly funky, but do-able.

I still miss the old-school charging contacts. So simple/cheap/easy to make, and practical. Induction chargers are kind of pointless, really. Way more electrically inefficient, spews more electrical noise into the room, and less reliable than old-fashioned charging plug too.

To boot, it would probably make it impossible for the Blackberry to have its magnetic sleep sensor, something I have always liked about them. (Put it in the holster/case, it immediately goes into sleep mode. Take it out, it either immediately wakes up, or wakes up and answers an incoming call, depending on how you configure it.)
    04-29-13 12:33 AM
    Anyone seen word on this, haven't seen any connection points on the Q10 pictures like the 9900 has although there is what could be a connection point on bottom of the device.

hoping for a dock with bedside mode, otherwise I may upgrade to another device and just keep my 9900 for bbm.
    No external contacts. I guess Blackberry decided that we would not like to be able to drop our Z10 or Q10 in a cradle. Just to user friendly to be practical! This was a STUPID omission on the part of Blackberry!
    04-29-13 05:16 AM
    You can speculate all you want but it is not happening.
    04-29-13 05:18 AM
    Attachment 134041 Here you go a Custom Dock for your Q10, Go ahead and customize it as per your need.
    That's funny
    04-29-13 05:52 AM
    Found a thread where CB member Roger Butterworth posted under Q10 Cradle :

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...cradle-793456/
    05-22-13 04:06 AM
    Found a thread where CB member Roger Butterworth posted under Q10 Cradle :

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...cradle-793456/
    I might get that Goose White charging cradle. It looks good!

Posted on Q10 via CB10
    05-22-13 04:10 AM
    Re: cassette case

I like it!
    07-01-13 03:35 PM
    NFC charging feasible?
    07-01-13 05:38 PM
    I might get that Goose White charging cradle. It looks good!
    I just got the goose white cradle and I am really disappointed. The charging receptor on the side is slightly off kilter, so the phone basically hangs on it, instead of resting on the dock, and it is harder to get on and off the cradle as a result. It also seems like it might do damage to the phone if the phone is hanging by its mini-usb port. I tried to bend it a bit so it would fit my q10 better and it no longer works. Waste of money and foreign shipping costs. somebody posted a review on amazon for it and it sounds like they had a similar experience. Now Im waiting for blackberry to get its sh1t together to provide a product that would fill a huge gap that they have left open on the bb10 release. Every day we dont have a cradle they are dropping the ball. Pretty inexcusable.
    07-02-13 01:04 AM
    The charging cradle is one of the things I miss most about the old bb's. It was one of the many reasons those phones lasted so long, less wear on the usb port. Its a weakpoint in the phone for sure. Plus, It always allowed me to keep my phone charged at my desk because I'd just set it in the cradle. Now I just set it down, I don't plug a cord into it for 5 minutes at a time. Really a bummer the q10 has no cradle/charging ports.

Posted via CB10
    07-02-13 04:14 AM
    i just order 1 cradle for Q10 from TVC-Mall. Will post my review once i received it ( 15-25 days)
    07-02-13 06:47 AM
    I just got the goose white cradle and I am really disappointed. The charging receptor on the side is slightly off kilter, so the phone basically hangs on it, instead of resting on the dock, and it is harder to get on and off the cradle as a result. It also seems like it might do damage to the phone if the phone is hanging by its mini-usb port. I tried to bend it a bit so it would fit my q10 better and it no longer works. Waste of money and foreign shipping costs. somebody posted a review on amazon for it and it sounds like they had a similar experience. Now Im waiting for blackberry to get its sh1t together to provide a product that would fill a huge gap that they have left open on the bb10 release. Every day we dont have a cradle they are dropping the ball. Pretty inexcusable.

Sorry it didn't work out for you, though rather than trying to bend the connector I would probably have just put a small shim on the base to lift the Q10 slightly higher.

Anyway, thanks for the review.
    07-02-13 02:31 PM
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00DJM...bUvbUpU8808228

Bought this baby today, will update upon arrival. Certainly would prefer an upright one like the legacy cradles, but ya gotta play the hand you're dealt. We'll see.

Q10 on the run
    Last edited by crackrockberry; 07-24-13 at 09:30 PM.
    07-11-13 11:26 PM
    Pretty sweet. Slides in nicely, just requires a little force to remove the phone. The battery slot is a perk.

Not quite an OEM stand up legacy cradle but a good fall back.

Q10 on the run
    07-24-13 09:26 PM
    Pretty sweet. Slides in nicely, just requires a little force to remove the phone. The battery slot is a perk.

Not quite an OEM stand up legacy cradle but a good fall back.

Q10 on the run
    08-17-13 06:05 PM
    Good Advice. BlackBerry has been doing a great job so far. I'm sure they will come out with a sexy dock in time. For now WiFi to Sonos or Aux to Bose works fine for my music. I'll manage my charging needs when I go to bed. So far no problems with battery life. Thanks All!
    08-17-13 06:08 PM
    I have tried to attach a picture of the charging dock for the Q10 with my 9900 on it. (Used the Q10 to take the picture). It fits perfectly on the Q10 (which is a little longer than the 9900). I had considered the Goosewhite, but did not get it after someone posted it was not properly aligned. If the picture isn't attached, just go to eBay and put in "charging doc for BlackBerry Q10." It is selling for about $9.98 and works fine.
    Q10 docking station?-img_00000176.jpg

Posted via CB10
    08-17-13 08:25 PM
    Yeah, those $10 charging docks from China on ebay work/fit fine.

Same exact thing you find on Amazon.
    08-17-13 09:04 PM
51 123