Couldn't quite catch his name at the beginning, but the Product Manager in this video does a nice job with the demo.
    Much better than the video of the guy with the shaky hands...

revtech, Masahiro and dataphry like this.
    02-01-13 01:05 AM
    wonder how it takes text documents. Can anybody make comments on that and perhaps a sample picture? Thanks.
    02-01-13 01:33 AM
    I want the Q10 sooo bad...!!
    revtech likes this.
    02-01-13 01:41 AM
    I like it. Looks better than all those leaks.
    02-01-13 02:11 AM
    Hook, line and sinker.

I'm sold!

I tried to convince myself to go with Z10, but it doesn't speak to me.

The Q10 does. Esp after seeing this video.

What a beauty.
    revtech likes this.
    02-01-13 05:25 AM
    Did he say the screen is super AMOLED?
    02-01-13 05:42 AM
    Yeppp...better than Retina display, but you'll never hear that in the media.
    RHDJEEZY likes this.
    02-01-13 06:25 AM
    Anyone any idea if it'll have some sort of pre-emptive word suggestions feature like the Z10 has?
    Mrluky likes this.
    02-01-13 07:36 AM
    i have to have this phone now!
    02-01-13 08:28 AM
    Did he say the screen is super AMOLED?
    Yes, it is a Super AMOLED display they are using. 3.1" size, 720x720 pixels with a density of ~330ppi.

Hower, there is a catch about it....
    Yeppp...better than Retina display, but you'll never hear that in the media.
    The problem here is: Blackberry seems to be using a display with a pentile matrix (like the S3 by Samsung), the pentile matrix unfortunatly lowers the overall image quality of the screen.
    You can see a real good example of this effect on The Verge, their Hands-On gallery features a close-up of the Q10s display:
    Gallery: BlackBerry Q10 hands-on photos | The Verge
    Note the burned-out text as well as the rather clear visible pattern there.
    02-01-13 08:39 AM
    Anyone any idea if it'll have some sort of pre-emptive word suggestions feature like the Z10 has?
    It does, the words appear above the keyboard similar to the playbook
    02-01-13 08:44 AM
    Yes, it is a Super AMOLED display they are using. 3.1" size, 720x720 pixels with a density of ~330ppi.

Hower, there is a catch about it....

The problem here is: Blackberry seems to be using a display with a pentile matrix (like the S3 by Samsung), the pentile matrix unfortunatly lowers the overall image quality of the screen.
    You can see a real good example of this effect on The Verge, their Hands-On gallery features a close-up of the Q10s display:
    Gallery: BlackBerry Q10 hands-on photos | The Verge
    Note the burned-out text as well as the rather clear visible pattern there.
    I googled the web on pentile matrix, and actually the SII had started using Super AMOLED "Plus", which uses regular RGB.
    02-01-13 09:03 AM
    Yes but both the S3 and Note 1 are using Super AMOLED screens with pentile. Samsung actually made some sort of public excuse why they went pentile for the Galaxy S3.
    02-01-13 11:39 AM
    This vid makes it looks amazing. The shaky hands guy sucked at using the phone. This guy should demo all of them. Seemed well informed and well versed in using the phone.
    Jake Storm likes this.
    02-01-13 12:36 PM
    I had a big problem using a AMOLED display on the S3 in broad daylight outdoors. Screen washed out. Couldn't see a thing. Please tell me this won't be a problem with the Q10?

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    02-02-13 01:41 PM
    I hope the super AMOLED on the Q10 isn't as big of a battery killer as it is on my Galaxy Nexus. 50% of battery usage is the screen. It's brutal.
    02-02-13 02:03 PM
    This vid makes it looks amazing. The shaky hands guy sucked at using the phone. This guy should demo all of them. Seemed well informed and well versed in using the phone.
    I think that guy was shaking with excitement for the new qwerty king...
    Ben1232 likes this.
    02-02-13 02:25 PM
    I hope the super AMOLED on the Q10 isn't as big of a battery killer as it is on my Galaxy Nexus. 50% of battery usage is the screen. It's brutal.
    An AMOLED screen works very differently from your traditional LCD screens. When displaying bright colors, especially pure white, the displays consumes HUGE amounts of energy. However there is an opposite: When displaying darker colors, the energy consumtion heavily goes down. Displaying pure black doesn't consume any battery at all. In an older document released by RIM, it was stated BB10 would've get optional, AMOLED friendly "skins". This basicly means converted menues, for example a black hub with white text. That would highly reduce your energy drain and keeps your phone running longer. So if you have inverted UI elements, you can actively improve the battery performance of your Q10.

I had/have this on my Nokia phones and it actually works quite well.
    02-02-13 03:09 PM
    An AMOLED screen works very differently from your traditional LCD screens. When displaying bright colors, especially pure white, the displays consumes HUGE amounts of energy. However there is an opposite: When displaying darker colors, the energy consumtion heavily goes down. Displaying pure black doesn't consume any battery at all. In an older document released by RIM, it was stated BB10 would've get optional, AMOLED friendly "skins". This basicly means converted menues, for example a black hub with white text. That would highly reduce your energy drain and keeps your phone running longer. So if you have inverted UI elements, you can actively improve the battery performance of your Q10.

I had/have this on my Nokia phones and it actually works quite well.
    Ya, I have used a dark background on my Galaxy Nexus (Jelly Bean UI is also dark) and the battery consumption is poor still. It might be specifically to the GNex though.
    02-02-13 03:45 PM
    Pretty funny that everything they looked at in that Q10 demo was standard Blackberry 10 stuff, no use of the physical keyboard at all.
    Would love to see a demo showing how the keyboard works, keyboard shortcuts, how flicking suggested words to screen works, etc.

Still good to see it in action though. I'm leaning towards this compared to the Z10. I hope VZW carries it.

Edit: Looks like this thread has a demo video with actual typing - too bad the rep doesn't type very well tho..

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...h-reps-766894/
    02-03-13 01:26 AM
    Pretty funny that everything they looked at in that Q10 demo was standard Blackberry 10 stuff, no use of the physical keyboard at all.
    Would love to see a demo showing how the keyboard works, keyboard shortcuts, how flicking suggested words to screen works, etc.
    I am not sure how they would do the flick with a physical keyboard and indeed the word suggestions for the q10 do not seem to work like that, but as far as the keyboard shortcuts and other stuff that was not shown, I would suspect that it was done intentionally as this device is not ready to be released and logically you would expect stuff that couldn't be leveraged from the existing bb10 work on the z10 might be the last to get added including keyboard shortcuts.
    02-03-13 07:03 AM
    What bothers me a little, and I can't say it comes as any surprise, is that the intelligent keyboard functionality on the Q10 doesn't really match the Z10, based on that video and others I've seen.

First because the suggestions area is limited to a smaller area at the bottom of the screen so can only contain what looks like 3 words, second because repeatedly moving your fingers up to select those suggested words constantly forces you to take your fingers away from the keys on the keyboard. (thus negating a lot of the advantage of physical keys IMHO)

Lastly because the advantage I mentioned elsewhere with the Q10's physical keyboard not taking up screen area, making the screen-size differential between the two devices less drastic, is compromised by the fact that the word-suggestion area does in fact impinge on screen area, though not as much as a full onscreen keyboard would.

If they come up with some very effective keyboard shortcuts, that might mitigate those problems a little, for me anyway.
    02-03-13 05:00 PM