http://m.yahoo.com/w/legobpengine/finance/news/keyboard-blackberry-us-could-months-183005299.html?.intl=us&.lang=en-us

Straight from the CEO mouth
    02-05-13 12:51 PM
    If this is true, then the Q10 won't drop in the U.S. until May at the earliest. Man I am getting restless waiting for this phone.
    02-05-13 01:20 PM
    Really unbelievable the delay they're having with getting this phone out in the US. The keyboard is the single reason I'm willing to leave my iPhone and have an upgrade available since December, and the way RIM has been with these delays I'm betting on June release at the earliest and wouldn't be surprised to see it pushed back even further. Really frustrating.
    02-05-13 01:27 PM
    Keyboards are so 2004
    02-05-13 02:45 PM
    The long delay between releases certainly seems to make sense since we are only now seeing the dev alpha c devices. I'm really disappointed the q won't see the US until May. I was really excited to upgrade my 9930 sooner. I'll just have to wait and hope BBRY updates the OS before May to correct some of the issues users are reporting.
    02-05-13 03:00 PM
    This is interesting.
    They used the 8-10 week after the Z10 line that was used pre launch and applied it to the information after launch.

FYI it's all pure speculation on the journalist's part and they have had nothing official from RIM or even blackberry

Whats to say that the eight to ten week applied to the original release date in Britain rather then the release date over all carriers?

They're mixing old and recent information...
    retomex likes this.
    02-05-13 03:23 PM
    This is interesting.
    They used the 8-10 week after the Z10 line that was used pre launch and applied it to the information after launch.

FYI it's all pure speculation on the journalist's part and they have had nothing official from RIM or even blackberry

Whats to say that the eight to ten week applied to the original release date in Britain rather then the release date over all carriers?

They're mixing old and recent information...
    I went back and reread the article, and you might be right.
    darkehawke likes this.
    02-05-13 03:32 PM
    Thorstein said 8-10 weeks from the Launch of the Z10, the whole converstation he had was about the US launch so you'd have to assume he meant Q10 comes out 8-10 weeks after Z10 in the US.
    02-05-13 03:40 PM
    it's an old media trick when they get nothing newsworthy from a recent interview
    bert106 likes this.
    02-05-13 03:40 PM
    Thorstein said 8-10 weeks from the Launch of the Z10, the whole converstation he had was about the US launch so you'd have to assume he meant Q10 comes out 8-10 weeks after Z10 in the US.
    reread it. the bit about 8-10 weeks was not part of any recent interview. the 8-10 weeks comment came before they had any idea us carriers would be delayed
    02-05-13 07:26 PM
    reread it. the bit about 8-10 weeks was not part of any recent interview. the 8-10 weeks comment came before they had any idea us carriers would be delayed
    The whole interview was conducted this week was it not??
    02-05-13 09:34 PM
    Hate to say it but if you guys haven't noticed... America. Gets everything last. UK always first, Canada second. RIM spends its time doing one part of the world at a time. They aren't super humans it would be stupid to focus on the entire world at once. Try to release a phone. Make ads. Dealswith carrier testing and yadayada.
    02-06-13 02:17 AM
    And still nothing about France. Maybe I could touch this Q10 in 2045
    02-06-13 04:38 AM
    Hate to say it but if you guys haven't noticed... America. Gets everything last. UK always first, Canada second. RIM spends its time doing one part of the world at a time. They aren't super humans it would be stupid to focus on the entire world at once. Try to release a phone. Make ads. Dealswith carrier testing and yadayada.
    That is because you guys are used to getting everything first. BlackBerry for once makes everyone else special
    02-06-13 05:45 AM
    I think that the Q10 was allways going to be way "late". Developers are just now getting alpha devices and the sdk to develop for the Q10.
    They releasing later in the US might be not as bad if the initial issues reported by UK and CN customers are fixed.
    The US has beed dead for Blackberry for sometime. So I don't think that we are the priority anymore as the marked is saturated with everyone having a phone in their pockets.
    02-06-13 08:06 AM
    Keyboards are so 2004
    Maybe so, but for some power and highly mobile users, the ability to send detailed emails from a handheld device is very important. I often find myself having to send very technical replies back to customers or other colleagues that trying to do when typing on glass would be a lot more frustrating and much more time consuming. I'm on the road 90% of the day and don't always have the time (or wifi) to pull out a laptop to send a detailed description of an issue that needs to be addressed as soon as possible.

As for the US being last in this regards, it may be a strategic move by BlackBerry, but symbolically it doesn't really help their reputation for delivering on time. Even the delay on sales of the Z10 isn't going over very well with a lot of US BlackBerry diehards. The global rollout just doesn't seem that global, especially when even a small uptick in US sales could help to signal a turnaround.
    02-06-13 09:05 AM
    The whole interview was conducted this week was it not??
    the part from the interview was quoted. you are right.
    the part about 8-10 weeks however is not a quote. they have not got that information from that interview.
    they are just speculating.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    02-06-13 11:23 AM