Ive searched and searched for a way to set a custom tone for (SMS) (FOR EACH CONTACT). You can set it for BBM, messages, (dont get why this doesn't work for sms) and ringer. Everywhere I look it says it works but not for text? like how can that not be the most important one to set? I dont use bb messages (PIN) message I assume thats what they mean by messages. I would think 99.9% of people would be more concerned with changing a SMS contact tone NOT a stupid (PIN) message. Ive always been able to do it with all my other blackberries, Like what a FAIL on Rims part not making sure this works. Anyone have any ideas? I cant find much on this. Am I the only one having an issue with this?? I dont want the same tone for every sms i get like wow...
    Last edited by coryf; 05-23-13 at 10:05 AM.
    05-23-13 09:45 AM
    Mine has a setting for text message, and works fine for the custom tone I have it set on.
    05-23-13 09:53 AM
    Settings are there and work fine for my text or sms only.

Q10 Custom SMS tones-img_00000714.png
    Q10 Custom SMS tones-img_00000715.png

Posted from my Q10
    05-23-13 09:55 AM
    Yea, you have to go to Notifications>Text Messages, and from there you should be able to change your tone to whatever you choose. "Messages" is for the tone when you get anything from the Hub itself, that doesnt have a custom tone to it, like email, fb, twitter etc.
    05-23-13 10:03 AM
    I can set a custom tone fine. But not different for each contact. I can set a tone for Ringer, Messages or BBM but it doesn't work for SMS.
    05-23-13 10:04 AM
    I have a 9900 and setting a sms tone for each contact works fine....this is the most important feature to me. Q10 will not do this. So pissed off....
    05-23-13 10:09 AM
    Yea, you have to go to Notifications>Text Messages, and from there you should be able to change your tone to whatever you choose. "Messages" is for the tone when you get anything from the Hub itself, that doesnt have a custom tone to it, like email, fb, twitter etc.
    Custom tone for each SMS contact is what I mean
    05-23-13 10:10 AM
    In that case no, not at this time, but one of the things mentioned that possibly might appear in 10.2
    05-23-13 10:20 AM
    I love the phone otherwise but at this point I HAVE to have different tones per contact. WHAT a **** OFF. Im going to go back to my 9900 or iphone if I cant get this to work. God what a FAILURE on RIM for not having this option working. Clearly I can set a different tone but ONLY for (ALL) SMS contacts.
    05-23-13 10:26 AM
    In that case no, not at this time, but one of the things mentioned that possibly might appear in 10.2
    UNBELIEVABLE FAIL ON RIMS PART, Im returning (selling) this phone with a long unhappy email to blackberry. UNREAL, so pissed off
    05-23-13 10:28 AM
    Wait, I don't think you can do that for iphone either... So if it's so important it'll make you go back to iphone I don't get how that would solve the issue...
    05-23-13 11:09 AM
    Of course iPhone does that, So does all the other blackberry's. Just an oversight\mistake on Rims part to forget to move that feature into the new os10, Blackberry users are used to failures from rim, guess I just have to get used to it. Not happy at all I spent so much on a phone that I cant choose different sound for each person. It is that important, I work with 10 different people and need to hear who text me so I so I dont need to look at the phone. They make it cusomizable for bbm, who uses bbm anymore. Maybe 2-3% of the mobile phone users? Big mistake
    05-23-13 11:54 AM
    Hate to say it, but things like this are part of being an early adopter. Whether it be with tech, or a new model/body style car. If you pick it up at launch, it isn't gonna be perfect, never. No matter if it's RIM or Apple, Chevy, VW, or Mercedes.
    05-23-13 12:07 PM
    Unfortunatly it was known since Z10s initial release how much the new profile management was cut down. That didn't change much with 10.1 introduced on the Q10. So no, this feature is as of now not available for the Q10. While I don't want to defend BBRY on this subject, this problem has been almost discussed to death in countless Q and Z10 threads around here.
    So a little research prior buying such an expensive thing would've helped and prevented further frustration in the first place.

Posted via CB10
    05-23-13 12:29 PM
    UNBELIEVABLE FAIL ON RIMS PART, Im returning (selling) this phone with a long unhappy email to blackberry. UNREAL, so pissed off
    Calm down. Custom SMS tones for individual contacts is useful, yes. But it hasn't always been a feature. And there are lots of other things about the Q10 that are truly great.

Updates will bring all good things to those who wait....
    05-23-13 01:11 PM
    Blimey I am serious about my notifications, but that's a little over enthusiastic to say the least.
    But each to their own, back to iphone it is then, as it's not gonna change tomorrow.

Posted from my Q10
    05-23-13 02:31 PM
    Of course iPhone does that, So does all the other blackberry's. Just an oversight\mistake on Rims part to forget to move that feature into the new os10, Blackberry users are used to failures from rim, guess I just have to get used to it. Not happy at all I spent so much on a phone that I cant choose different sound for each person. It is that important, I work with 10 different people and need to hear who text me so I so I dont need to look at the phone. They make it cusomizable for bbm, who uses bbm anymore. Maybe 2-3% of the mobile phone users? Big mistake
    Ah ok, well, that surprises me for a phone that doesn't even let you pick your own tones for emails and other notifications. Just "on" or "off." And even for SMS you can't actually pick your own tones, just tones from a list of ones they "allow" you to pick... Unless they changed it recently, the last iPhone I messed with was my ex-girlfriend's and that was a 3Gs... At least the BB lets you use your own mp3...
    05-23-13 06:02 PM
    Well, until BB releases a new update that includes more profile additions, such as custom sms tones for contacts, you could try out Hub ++ LED. It works pretty good, and support from the developer is excellent.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...thread-776735/

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-world-804633/
    05-23-13 09:17 PM
    Well, until BB releases a new update that includes more profile additions, such as custom sms tones for contacts, you could try out Hub ++ LED. It works pretty good, and support from the developer is excellent.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...thread-776735/

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-world-804633/
    +1

For now though, you'll have to have it running for it to work. Won't run in the background (yet).

Posted via CB10
    05-23-13 09:27 PM
    Yep, that right, I should've mentioned that too...but at least you get the cool battery info while it's active.
    05-23-13 09:31 PM
    Yeah I don't get it. When editing contacts there's even an option for message tones but I choose it and it don't work

Posted via CB10
    05-23-13 11:18 PM
    Yeah I don't get it. When editing contacts there's even an option for message tones but I choose it and it don't work

Posted via CB10
    I know, it's actually for Email tones. They really should have called it Email, instead of Message tones, because a lot of people (myself included when I first bought my Q10) think it means SMS/MMS tones. Very easy to confuse, isn't it.
    bobop likes this.
    05-24-13 01:08 AM
    I have searched too for a way to set a custom tone for (SMS) (FOR EACH CONTACT). You can set it for BBM, messages. SMS should be the most important one to set as most people don't use BB messages. I would think a GREAT MAJORITY of people would be more concerned with changing a SMS contact tone NOT a BB message tone. Ive always been able to do it with all my other blackberries as well. Like what a "BLACK EYE" on RIM's part for not making sure this works. I don't want the same tone for every SMS I receive.
    06-11-13 01:29 PM
    I'm really quite irritated about this myself. Obviously all I can do it wait for BB to sort out the next update. I hope they get round to sorting out headless/background apps too.
    11-10-13 09:01 PM