This is really starting to annoy me.. My BlackBerry Q10 is now crashing/rebooting out of the blue DAILY. At least once a day, but it now tends to happen 3-4 times a day. This is driving me nuts. If this continues I might have to consider leaving BB again, seeing as I can't work with a device that keeps crashing.

Anyone else having this issue this bad? How come this happens out of the blue.. Sometimes it works fine, and another day it will crash 2 times in half an hour. I just don't get it. I love the phone lots, but I need a phone that I can trust, so I know for 100% certainty that the alarm will ring next morning, because it didn't crash. A phone that actually can receive phone calls and messages, because it didn't crash. This is just plain unacceptable for a phone in the high end price range.

Edit:
    My second post with more information on my device:

Thank you for your reply and sorry for the lack of information. I'm currently running 10.1.0.4181 on my Q1 (SQN100-3), which is the latest update I got over the air. The phone will reboot randomly (it appears), seeing as it also sometimes crashes when it's in my pocket or when it's locked.

I have some games and apps installed, but most aren't running. All I have running are BeBuzz Pro and BX Battery Info. And then every now and then I open Whatsapp, BBM and Spotify (sideloaded).

That's basically all I use on my phone on a daily basis, but I've also seen it crash a couple of times before I even had the time to open any of these apps..

I got my Q10 the week of release here in The Netherlands (so beginning of June).
    Last edited by xikeon; 08-21-13 at 03:50 AM.
    08-21-13 03:38 AM
    This is really starting to annoy me.. My BlackBerry Q10 is now crashing/rebooting out of the blue DAILY. At least once a day, but it now tends to happen 3-4 times a day. This is driving me nuts. If this continues I might have to consider leaving BB again, seeing as I can't work with a device that keeps crashing.

Anyone else having this issue this bad? How come this happens out of the blue.. Sometimes it works fine, and another day it will crash 2 times in half an hour. I just don't get it.
    Sorry you're having this issue......When you say crashing, do you mean it reboots? what OS are you on? What apps are you running? How long ago did you get your phone?

Reason for all my questions, my Z10 was rebooting too. The issue was resolved by loading a newer OS. Also I found that with the old OS every time I tried to send a picture through Tapatalk the Z would crash.

Give us a bit of info on what is happening when it crashes or whether it's truly just random.
    08-21-13 03:44 AM
    Sorry you're having this issue......When you say crashing, do you mean it reboots? what OS are you on? What apps are you running? How long ago did you get your phone?

Reason for all my questions, my Z10 was rebooting too. The issue was resolved by loading a newer OS. Also I found that with the old OS every time I tried to send a picture through Tapatalk the Z would crash.

Give us a bit of info on what is happening when it crashes or whether it's truly just random.
    Thank you for your reply and sorry for the lack of information. I'm currently running 10.1.0.4181 on my Q1 (SQN100-3), which is the latest update I got over the air. The phone will reboot randomly (it appears), seeing as it also sometimes crashes when it's in my pocket or when it's locked.

I have some games and apps installed, but most aren't running. All I have running are BeBuzz Pro and BX Battery Info. And then every now and then I open Whatsapp, BBM and Spotify (sideloaded).

That's basically all I use on my phone on a daily basis, but I've also seen it crash a couple of times before I even had the time to open any of these apps..

I got my Q10 the week of release here in The Netherlands (so beginning of June).
    08-21-13 03:50 AM
    Well, I'm going to try and install that "stable" full release of 10.2 tonight and see if that solves this issue.. If not, then I think I will sadly have to go for another phone.
    Last edited by xikeon; 08-22-13 at 11:31 AM.
    08-21-13 09:56 AM
    So, I updated to 10.2 and it's still crashing, crashed twice so far today. This is horrible.
    Last edited by xikeon; 08-22-13 at 11:31 AM.
    08-22-13 11:07 AM
    So, I updated to 1.2 and it's still crashing, crashed twice so far today. This is horrible.
    What is 1.2?

Because I zed so
    08-22-13 11:10 AM
    What is 1.2?

Because I zed so
    I meant 10.2, my bad
    08-22-13 11:11 AM
    Try loading the latest leak http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...r100-x-840355/ and then do a security wipe right after it is loaded up. Try using it for about a day or two, if that does not work load up the official 10.1 MR (10.1.0.4181) and send it out to get fixed. I hope that sending it out is the not required though :/
    08-22-13 11:54 AM
    Also back up all your stuff before you install the autoloader for 10.2 so you won't lose all your stuff !
    08-22-13 11:55 AM
    mine started a few days ago...when I would go to reply to a text, the screen would be gone for a few good seconds, then come back. a few times it has rebooted during that....
    no leaks, no apps.....
    08-22-13 12:03 PM
    Check and make sure that the battery doesn't have any play.

Cranky
    08-22-13 12:26 PM
    mine started a few days ago...when I would go to reply to a text, the screen would be gone for a few good seconds, then come back. a few times it has rebooted during that....
    no leaks, no apps.....
    Running latest 10.1, because that has caused a lot of problems for people.
    08-22-13 12:33 PM
    I am running 10.1 but have not had this problem at all. It's actually been rock stable. Odd. I wonder if it is some carrierware protecting mine or rebooting yours. Mine is the lastest official release from Verizon for what it's worth.
    08-22-13 12:48 PM
    Try loading the latest leak http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...r100-x-840355/ and then do a security wipe right after it is loaded up. Try using it for about a day or two, if that does not work load up the official 10.1 MR (10.1.0.4181) and send it out to get fixed. I hope that sending it out is the not required though :/
    Also back up all your stuff before you install the autoloader for 10.2 so you won't lose all your stuff !
    I had minor issues when I had it new, no crashes at all and stuff. I believe it started around the time I upgraded to 10.1 MR. Not sure if I had crashes before that, I can't remember to be completely honest. Anyhow, 10.1 MR definitely gave me crashes and then 2 days ago updated to 10.2.0.1047 and it still crashes. I'm going to try a 10.1 leak tonight or tomorrow...

Also, I can't back up my phone, seeing as BlackBerry link won't connect with my phone. I tried reinstalling blackberry link and all drivers, etc. No luck.

Check and make sure that the battery doesn't have any play.

Cranky
    Thanks and checked it, but there's no movement in the battery at all and when I try and move it around in it's place (which it doesn't) it also doesn't reboot. So unlikely that the battery may be the issue (unless it's an internal fault..)

I am running 10.1 but have not had this problem at all. It's actually been rock stable. Odd. I wonder if it is some carrierware protecting mine or rebooting yours. Mine is the lastest official release from Verizon for what it's worth.
    That's odd, I had a vodafone build in the beginning (even though I bought it at a normal phone store). It might have started happening when I updated to 10.1 MR, but I am not 100% sure
    08-23-13 02:24 AM
    Wow. Q10s have been pretty solid devices. Try something different. Do you have an SD card? Remove it and reboot perhaps. I dunno. I'm trying something different. It seems more likely to me that the rebooting is a hardware fault and not a software one. It may come down to warranty repair. Good luck.
    08-23-13 02:48 AM
    Hi

I'm having similar problems with the Q10 of my director.
    Very basic professional user, almost no apps.

Running the latest software, installed via the blackberry link.
    The Q10 will have a frozen screen after swiping to something (e-mail, agenda, bb hub, ...)
    The only quick solution is removing the battery and have a reboot. Very irritating because the reboot will take around 10 minutes.
    It happens mostly once a day.

The only advise I received from the provider is reset the phone to factorysettings.
    Without restoring your back-up via blackberry link!
    So you need to build up everything again (mails, apps, video, music, pictures, ...) manually.
    That is a little to time consuming for me on this moment.
    I will wait for an addtional week an see if the latest software update will help.

If somebody has a better solution....

KR,
    Arno
    Last edited by AVDKK; 08-23-13 at 06:07 AM.
    08-23-13 05:05 AM
    My husband's Q10 has started rebooting whenever he sends an email or plugs in the phone. He's on 10.2.0.1047. Maybe I'll try putting 1323 on it for him and see if that helps. The problem started apparently out of the blue.

Posted via CB10
    08-23-13 10:08 AM
    I'm having a similar issue so I'm pretty sure these aren't hardware issues.
    Was running the Q10 since it's release date in Canada. My software version 10.1.0.238 was perfectly stable. Not a single issue with my phone.
    Updated to 10.1.0.4181 last night and now my phone is totally screwed. IF I can get it to load it'll only stay on for about 2 minutes before rebooting/crashing. I can't open ANY apps (BBM, email, nothing). Hub doesn't load (black screen). Battery pulls don't work. Can't do a security wipe (crashes mid wipe). Can't get it to communicate with BB Link longer than a 60 seconds so I can't even do a factory reset.
    08-23-13 12:47 PM
    Check your battery connections. Take the back off and see if you can make it reboot by moving around the battery.

Posted via CB10
    08-23-13 12:53 PM
    It's not a battery issue for me. It's a major software problem with OS 10.1.0.4181 update on certain phones. There's a lot of these issues springing up from the sounds of it (I know someone else that did the update today with their Q10 and they're having the exact same issue as me only the reboot cycle isn't as rapid as mine). My phone had zero issues until the software update same with my friend.
    Plus when the OS loads and isn't rebooting it's not stable - no apps will load, the hub is a black screen, etc. That wouldn't be related to the battery. I think the reboot is happening on mine due to the software instability as if you leave it running for a few minutes without touching anything it won't reboot for a few minutes, but if you load it and try to do something it triggers an immediate reboot.
    08-23-13 01:08 PM
    I also loaded the update last night and my phone has been "loading" it overnight, and then i pulled the battery this morning and tried again, it has now been 5 hours and it is still loading... this is very bad... i now have no phone? Help!
    08-23-13 01:22 PM
    Also check your battery leads.. I noticed a black residue left on the battery and my phone would reboot especially when the charge was low. I used an eraser to gently rub away at the leads until they became shiny again.. Hope this helps.
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    08-23-13 01:26 PM
    Update:
    I did this https://mega.co.nz/#!jRoVVRLC!G_MM60...CH28V8G-syqVBY (Autoloader), downloaded and extracted, plugged my phone in, and let it install 10.2 (leaked OS update). Problem solved. There are no reboot issues and my phone is now running smoothly.
    I debated using it to install a lower software version but figured since my phone was already fried might as well be adventurous.
    Took about 5 minutes to install the new OS on my phone and solved the problem of not being able to connect to BB Link to do a factory reboot.
    08-23-13 06:49 PM
    The above post is the way to go. I've been running leaks since the leaks started leaking and they just keep getting better over time with awesome enhancements and features.

My advice to anybody is to dump the crappy old carrier os's, walk towards the light and jump into the future with the official (yet not carrier available) leaks. I suspect that the carriers add their own crapola into the os's and mess things up.

Posted via CB10
    08-23-13 08:57 PM
    Download it guys and going to see if it helps me. Thanks.

Edit:
    It doesn't seem to download for me.. I keep seeing the MEGA loading screen. Is it a specific version or shall I just get the latest leak?
    08-24-13 04:25 AM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD