So there are two variants of the Z10 in terms of CPU, one using a Snapdragon MSM8960 and one using an OMAP 4470, with only the former supporting LTE. This link identifies the processor in the Q10 as the OMAP, but could that be because it's an international or pre-production model? Preliminarily, I haven't been able to identify a phone using the OMAP that has LTE, which means there would need to be an additional baseband chip if it's going to support it like it was supposed to. Compounded with the fact that this is a 45nm chip compared to the 28nm of the Snapdragon, I'm concerned about battery life. Could this be the reason for the larger battery?

Anybody with knowledge who could comment?
    03-15-13 09:27 AM
    This is interesting. Unfortunately, the answer you are looking for can only be answered with time. I was unaware the Z10 had different processors.
    03-15-13 02:35 PM
    Will the q10 still support LTE?
    03-15-13 06:37 PM
    Yes, it has been confirmed that at least some variants will be LTE. If you're buying it in a country that has widespread LTE coverage, you're most likely getting an LTE variant. Other countries like India may just get the non LTE version.
    03-15-13 07:54 PM
    I think that we will actually see only LTE models for the q10, the odds are that this device will have a longer lifespan as the premium qwerty than the z10 will have as the premium all-touch so more places would need it in time and also they already have to do more variants with a physical qwerty to account for things like qwertz, azerty etc. keyboards.
    03-16-13 05:33 AM
    I think that we will actually see only LTE models for the q10, the odds are that this device will have a longer lifespan as the premium qwerty than the z10 will have as the premium all-touch so more places would need it in time and also they already have to do more variants with a physical qwerty to account for things like qwertz, azerty etc. keyboards.
    I really hope that will be the case as it will push BlackBerry to add (in an OS update) LTE network support for the Middle East as our networks are already LTE capable.
    03-26-13 01:16 AM
    Pretty sure Q10 will have essentially the same spec's as the Z10. Cheaper for BB to buy in bulk various parts for both phones.
    03-26-13 01:33 AM
    I really hope that will be the case as it will push BlackBerry to add (in an OS update) LTE network support for the Middle East as our networks are already LTE capable.
    Given the way things like updates are controlled by the sim in your device, it seems fairly obvious that it would not even take an actual update, just the carrier to switch on LTE and update their chosen setting for networks.
    03-26-13 09:36 AM
    Given the way things like updates are controlled by the sim in your device, it seems fairly obvious that it would not even take an actual update, just the carrier to switch on LTE and update their chosen setting for networks.
    I'm not sure about that. I believe BlackBerry would need to push the update (which includes LTE network support for the Middle East) to the carriers, then the carriers would push it to us. We had the same exact scenario with the iPhone 5. The LTE connections were not accessible until Apple released the iOS 6.1 update which added additional network support for the Middle East region.
    03-28-13 03:14 AM
    i think there will be both cpu's
    from the spec sheet it is equal to the z10's spec sheet:
    LTE 4G or HSPA+

Q10 CPU-scanned-image.jpg
    03-28-13 04:38 AM
    I'm not sure about that. I believe BlackBerry would need to push the update (which includes LTE network support for the Middle East) to the carriers, then the carriers would push it to us. We had the same exact scenario with the iPhone 5. The LTE connections were not accessible until Apple released the iOS 6.1 update which added additional network support for the Middle East region.
    You are missing how we have seen bb10 devices to already work depending on which sim is put in even an unlocked device, there is clearly server-side config settings stuff going on to cover this and all that would be needed would be for a change to be made there rather than needing an entire new update.
    03-28-13 07:37 AM
    still fine with 3G, have no need for lte. waste of battery.
    jegs2 and StreetNerd like this.
    03-30-13 01:27 PM
    Never knew about the Z10 having different CPUs.
    Unlike everyone with the S4, ranting about Exynos and Snapdragon.
    I though all Z10s had an S4 CPU.
    03-30-13 10:30 PM
    Telus says theirs has the Snapdragon. Interesting that it also supports AWS HSPA.

Q10 CPU-image.jpg
    04-10-13 12:08 AM
    So there are two variants of the Z10 in terms of CPU, one using a Snapdragon MSM8960 and one using an OMAP 4470, with only the former supporting LTE. This link identifies the processor in the Q10 as the OMAP, but could that be because it's an international or pre-production model? Preliminarily, I haven't been able to identify a phone using the OMAP that has LTE, which means there would need to be an additional baseband chip if it's going to support it like it was supposed to. Compounded with the fact that this is a 45nm chip compared to the 28nm of the Snapdragon, I'm concerned about battery life. Could this be the reason for the larger battery?

Anybody with knowledge who could comment?

On test model is stated Qualcomm, meaning Snapdragon.
    04-10-13 02:02 AM
    Pretty sure I read an article stating all Q10's will have LTE.

Posted via CB10
    04-12-13 07:29 AM
    Pretty sure I read an article stating all Q10's will have LTE.

Posted via CB10

yes, you're right
    04-12-13 07:30 AM
    Are there any phones out there that allow you to turn LTE off?
    04-12-13 07:43 AM
    Telus says theirs has the Snapdragon. Interesting that it also supports AWS HSPA.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	1130 
Size:	20.4 KB 
ID:	149851
    Yes the Canadian Z10 and Q10 models are using the Snapdragon S4+ processors and feature LTE

Posted via CB10
    04-12-13 07:59 AM
    Depending on the carrier. I can turn off LTE on my Z10 but AT&T users cannot

Posted via CB10
    04-12-13 08:00 AM
    Depends on carrier - I can on Vodafone Croatia.
    Attached Thumbnails Q10 CPU-1.png   Q10 CPU-2.png  
    SDTRMG and jagrlover like this.
    04-12-13 08:48 AM
    Not that interesting, people do roam to other countries you know - USA does have a national coverage for AWS and depending on your particular carrier roaming agreements, T-Mobile USA may just be one of them. (also less congestion in the USA for AWS networks vs HSPA+ from AT&T; differences dictated by the number of users per capita per provider).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	1130 
Size:	20.4 KB 
ID:	149851
    04-12-13 12:31 PM
    Not that interesting, people do roam to other countries you know - USA does have a national coverage for AWS and depending on your particular carrier roaming agreements, T-Mobile USA may just be one of them. (also less congestion in the USA for AWS networks vs HSPA+ from AT&T; differences dictated by the number of users per capita per provider).
    I travel to the US quite often so I am aware. Are you aware that none of the Big 3 have roaming agreements with T-Mobile? It is interesting in the context of the Canadian wireless market where only the new discount carriers operate on AWS HSPA.
    04-12-13 01:56 PM
    All of them unless your carrier blocks that option for some weird reason.
    04-12-13 01:58 PM
    This is off topic but... how are you posting pics?
    I tried using the "Attach Picture" option in CB10 but nothing happens.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-13 07:27 PM
42 12