My q10 was put in for repair due to a faulty keyboard. The R had become touch sensitive, and frequently produced 'R' or 'rrrrr' s when pressed. I have found out today that the official report said the engineers were unable to find anything wrong with it and are sending it back. Despite my demonstrating the fault clearly in the shop.

I have yet to get the phone back in my possession yet, because the local branch of car phone warehouse decided not to turn up for work today despite their advertised opening hours. I don't like to borrow trouble, but i can't think of any reason now why when I get this thing back. They have said they have reloaded the latest software, but I can't see how this would be a software based fault anyway.

I admit I might be borrowing trouble here, but.... Does anyone have any suggestions how to proceed now, as I am not sure what to do if this all goes south. I intend to test the device, and reject it if it is the same as when I put it in, but I have little doubt from my previous dealings with mobile phone companies that they will not make it as easy as that for me?

Appreciate any opinions and suggestions....
    08-17-13 04:40 PM
    Just wait until you get the device back. Wipe it and proceed to set it up as a new phone and see what happens. You never know
    08-17-13 04:47 PM
    thanks for the reply, but if I take it home to wipe and reset it up, I've already accepted the repair, and what I was thinking is maybe that's not a wise idea maybe? As long as it has power in the shop I can be pretty sure if it is the same as before or not after all?
    08-17-13 04:51 PM
    just got it back. It didn't work, and I had to have a major arguement in the shop and escalate through 2 levels of management. After having had my phone for 2 weeks, they seemed to think I was going to first send it back to them and wait another 2 weeks when they had failed to repair the fault 1st time. They also seemed to think that I would wait a further 5 days for a brand new device to be sent when they had them sitting there in the shop. Finally, they seemed to think I would go away and wait 72 hours to hear back from a manager when I told them I wasn't going anywhere without a brand new phone.

To cut a long story short, I convinced them they were wrong on all of their assumptions, and left with a brand new q10 shortly after.

if I have 1 comment to make to people in the form of advise it is this - stick to your guns to the bitter end. It is hard, but you can get satisifaction from companies like this.

Sadly the phone will not detect the latest software update, so my backup is useless and I have had to set it up from scratch.

There's nothing like a satisified customer is there? And this is NOTHING like a satisfied customer.....
    08-19-13 09:23 AM