I'm gonna have to see the Classic in person. I'm really leaning towards replacing my (as yet not arrived) Q10 with a Passport. If I'm going big I'll probably go all the way to Passport, but seeing is believing and I've got to see these models before making a choice. The Q10 showed me I don't need the tool belt anymore. In fact I prefer not to have it. Said the Zen Master; "We shall see."
    09-03-14 09:54 PM
    I love to have classic....will handover Q10 to my GF
    But I seriously doesn't understand why people say about removable battery.. Is that a big deal??

Posted via CB10
    It's a huge deal when u r on the move and traveling. At a theme park all day or kids' sporting events , using the camera and video heavily etc. We have a very active lifestyle and I am out with my phone all day. Having an extra battery that you can swap out and keep using the device is a valuable asset. And you charge the battery bundle (in the car on the way back or on the plane during international travel) therefore not being tethered to the outlet with your device.

Typed with my Q10, or Z10, or Q10, or...
    hlg8888 likes this.
    09-04-14 07:21 AM
    I was happy with my bold 9700 but OS7 could not keep up with the new apps. Hence the move to z10. my 1st all touch. love the screen real estate size. good for watching video. love it except the battery life. I really miss the keypads and the small form factor and now considering q10 until RIM announcement q20 coming Nov. Would love the new "classic" but turned off by rumored non removable batt and tall size.�

Z10 ME Dubai
    hlg8888 likes this.
    09-04-14 08:28 AM
    For me, lack of access to email subfolders with BB7 ruined the experience. I was on BIS, and those subfolders are only accessible to BES customers. That drove me to an iPhone, and now back to BB10 on a Q10. I was fine without that subfolder access for a long time, but as life got more complicated so did my communication needs.
    09-04-14 09:18 AM
    Blackberry Classic for trackpad and traditional buttons.
    09-04-14 11:08 AM
    I'd honestly love to try to get on one of the legacy devices just to see how long I could last on one. See, I don't use many apps, and the only game I have on my Q10 is cut the rope 2. Just being able to have a good communication device Is almost enough for me. The only other thing I need is probably stitcher radio to stream mmajunkie radio. I certainly remember having to rely on Opera Mini at the time of the 9630 though.. lol

Posted via Q10RR
    09-04-14 12:39 PM
    I'd like to check out the passport first before buying it. I'm not too sure if it's too big for me. Spec wise it's amazing!
    09-04-14 12:44 PM
    At first I thought I would be interested on getting the classic. But the more I see what passport can do. The more I'm leaning towards it. I have a Q10 and I'm loving every minute of it. However I really wish it had a trackpad. Like what above comment said. Why would you buy a new phone that has the same specs on Q10. Only difference is trackpad. It wouldn't be an upgrade to get the classic for current Q10 users. I'm sure classic would be a great buy for new blackberry owner as for their first phone. As for me, my mind has changed. Passport is new, looks slick, stylish economical product. It's time for a change.

" Initiated from my QNX10 "
    09-04-14 01:04 PM
    I agree classic is not real upgrade but it have 3.5" screen, iphone 4 have same screen only it is 16:9. I love q10 but I just want little bigger screen, and passport is... uf how to cary that big phone too wide. for me classic is not real upgrade and it's not what I really wont coz of screen I could buy it, but passport is really not what I want so for me BlackBerry is not make phone. I really want q10 full touch screen or 3.5"-4" with same keyboard but that is not going to happen

Posted via CB10
    09-04-14 03:05 PM
    As a longstanding Blackberry customer, for me the classic will be make or break moment. The removal of the trackpad on Q10 has caused major efficiency issues & the lack of any updates to the legacy BOLD brand has left me questioning whether Blackberry can meet my needs when the legacy devices are discontinued. Currently I have one Q10 & three 9930's.... So I am extremely interested in seeing how the trackpad will cope with BB10, I hope it has been worth the long wait!
    09-04-14 05:10 PM
    Toolbelt = the icons at the bottom of the screen, and you scroll through them? I remember that but don't know how I feel about it now. Lol

Posted via CB10
    09-04-14 05:34 PM
    I'm sure that the phone icon and camera icon won't be part of the screen on BB10 like it is on the Q10. Having a virtual call button over a physical call button doesn't make any sense. A problem that us crackberrians are going to have is OS leaks. Now, when a leak becomes available for all BB10 devices, the Classic is going to standout because of the specific OS commands due to the toolbelt. You won't be able to functionally use a 10.xx leak for a Q10 on your classic simply because a toolbelt is on the classic. UNLESS a hybrid can be made to fix this issue.

Posted via Q10RR
    09-04-14 05:41 PM
    I'm sure that the phone icon and camera icon won't be part of the screen on BB10 like it is on the Q10. Having a virtual call button over a physical call button doesn't make any sense. A problem that us crackberrians are going to have is OS leaks. Now, when a leak becomes available for all BB10 devices, the Classic is going to standout because of the specific OS commands due to the toolbelt. You won't be able to functionally use a 10.xx leak for a Q10 on your classic simply because a toolbelt is on the classic. UNLESS a hybrid can be made to fix this issue.

Posted via Q10RR
    But why would we want to load a leak from a whole different device anyway? Makes no sense. If a Q10 os leaks won't a Classic os leak as well just like the rest of the devices?
    09-05-14 01:23 AM

Posted via Q10RR
    Yea the Classic will be such a departure from the regular BB10 OS that I don't see how it could fit in the 10.3.xx scheme.

If you look closely at the photos of JC holding the Classic you can see that the software phone icon is gone and replaced by a hub icon, which makes sense. A couple of things I'm really curious about:
    -Will the "back" and "overflow" software keys in apps be gone because of the hard keys in the toolbelt
    -Will long pressing the "back" key quit an application just like it did in BBOS (I am not a fan of tapping the "x" to close apps)
    -Will long pressing the "BB" key bring up the active frame screen
    -When not in a phone call, will the "end call" key bring you to the app grid or active frames
    -Will we see a return to application shortcuts from the homescreen!

I'm a Q10 owner who is extremely interested in the Classic, 100% due to the re-introduction of the toolbelt. That has always been the reason I valued BlackBerry devices over all other platforms. Not just for text selection but generally navigating an OS using a trackpad is so much more effortless - truly one handed. I'm just a little nervous about how everything will be implemented.

Posted via CB10
    09-05-14 02:24 AM
    Removable battery, yes. Tool belt, no.

Posted via CB10
    Is this definitely confirmed?

It's a huge deal when u r on the move and traveling. At a theme park all day or kids' sporting events , using the camera and video heavily etc. We have a very active lifestyle and I am out with my phone all day. Having an extra battery that you can swap out and keep using the device is a valuable asset. And you charge the battery bundle (in the car on the way back or on the plane during international travel) therefore not being tethered to the outlet with your device.

Typed with my Q10, or Z10, or Q10, or...
    Yes, this is the only reason! I carry 2 batteries for both my Qs. And I go through both during the week. Very handy.

Sent from my white Q10 using Tapatalk
    09-05-14 03:16 AM
    But why would we want to load a leak from a whole different device anyway? Makes no sense. If a Q10 os leaks won't a Classic os leak as well just like the rest of the devices?
    NO. There are several times in the past where you could load an OS from a different device on to your own if a leak for your device didn't exist. For example, an OS leak for a Q5 works for a Q10.

Posted via Q10RR
    09-05-14 05:33 AM
    Yea the Classic will be such a departure from the regular BB10 OS that I don't see how it could fit in the 10.3.xx scheme.

If you look closely at the photos of JC holding the Classic you can see that the software phone icon is gone and replaced by a hub icon, which makes sense. A couple of things I'm really curious about:
    -Will the "back" and "overflow" software keys in apps be gone because of the hard keys in the toolbelt
    -Will long pressing the "back" key quit an application just like it did in BBOS (I am not a fan of tapping the "x" to close apps)
    -Will long pressing the "BB" key bring up the active frame screen
    -When not in a phone call, will the "end call" key bring you to the app grid or active frames
    -Will we see a return to application shortcuts from the homescreen!

I'm a Q10 owner who is extremely interested in the Classic, 100% due to the re-introduction of the toolbelt. That has always been the reason I valued BlackBerry devices over all other platforms. Not just for text selection but generally navigating an OS using a trackpad is so much more effortless - truly one handed. I'm just a little nervous about how everything will be implemented.

Posted via CB10
    What you bring up about the BB key bringing up the active frame irks me a little. I'm hoping it DOESNT bring us to active frame. I'm hoping a separate app window pops up with the icons of the apps that are open and in use like it did in BBOS. Active frame is cool and all but I'd like if the BB key served it's original purpose.

I'm sure the back button at the bottom of the screen will also be gone given a physical button will be available. But how will scrolling work? Will scrolling down to the towards the top of the page bring up the Web search bar like it does now?

Also, I think swiping up from the bottom of the screen to wake the device will be gone. The trackpad takes up that space. Scrolling up would inadvertently activate the trackpad at the same time wouldn't it? No that it's a big deal, just a thought.

There are more things to kink out to release the classic than people think.

OH! And if it's a "classic" blackberry, it better have at least one convenience key or this whole "classic" mumbo jumbo is a joke.

Posted via Q10RR
    09-05-14 05:43 AM
    What you bring up about the BB key bringing up the active frame irks me a little. I'm hoping it DOESNT bring us to active frame. I'm hoping a separate app window pops up with the icons of the apps that are open and in use like it did in BBOS. Active frame is cool and all but I'd like if the BB key served it's original purpose.

I'm sure the back button at the bottom of the screen will also be gone given a physical button will be available. But how will scrolling work? Will scrolling down to the towards the top of the page bring up the Web search bar like it does now?

Also, I think swiping up from the bottom of the screen to wake the device will be gone. The trackpad takes up that space. Scrolling up would inadvertently activate the trackpad at the same time wouldn't it? No that it's a big deal, just a thought.

There are more things to kink out to release the classic than people think.

OH! And if it's a "classic" blackberry, it better have at least one convenience key or this whole "classic" mumbo jumbo is a joke.

Posted via Q10RR
    I was thinking about some sort of app switcher when long pressing the "BB" key, but it seems sort of redundant when you have the active frames. I love that app switcher screen from BBOS, but realistically I don't see it coming back.

Ive noticed from the photos of the classic that the trackpad looks noticeably smaller than traditional trackpads on BlackBerry devices. I think this may be in order to make swiping up alot easier. The toolbelt makes alot of the swiping gestures obsolete, another reason why its so different from the regular BB10.3 Os.

Yes! Convenience keys are bomb!!! Hope they add one exactly where the 9900 had it.

Posted via CB10
    09-05-14 12:12 PM
    I was thinking about some sort of app switcher when long pressing the "BB" key, but it seems sort of redundant when you have the active frames. I love that app switcher screen from BBOS, but realistically I don't see it coming back.

Ive noticed from the photos of the classic that the trackpad looks noticeably smaller than traditional trackpads on BlackBerry devices. I think this may be in order to make swiping up alot easier. The toolbelt makes alot of the swiping gestures obsolete, another reason why its so different from the regular BB10.3 Os.

Yes! Convenience keys are bomb!!! Hope they add one exactly where the 9900 had it.

Posted via CB10
    I don't think gestures are going away from the BB Classic. I think they'll stay there to use when you feel like it. Think about it as a Windows 8 Touch PC. The OS is meant to be swiped through BUT if you prefer to use the trackpad, you're free to do so. There are so many things I'm hoping this device to be, I just truly hope it doesn't disappoint.

I can't tell very well from the pictures but it looks nice. Not nicer than the 97xx, 96xx (beautiful phone) or the 99xx though. The Q10 was almost an aesthetically uhmmm.. neutral device for me. Don't get me wrong, I love my Q10, definitely in my top 3 blackberry devices ever BUT it's not that pretty. Being completely blacked out other than the metal separations was lazy. If it came with the shiny bezel that you can buy for $40, the phone would be much more pleasing to look at.

Oh and a sidenote! Not only do I want my convenience keys back, but the shift buttons need to be larger like they were on the 8330 curve, please and thanks lol.

Posted via Q10RR
    09-05-14 01:15 PM
    I don't think gestures are going away from the BB Classic. I think they'll stay there to use when you feel like it. Think about it as a Windows 8 Touch PC. The OS is meant to be swiped through BUT if you prefer to use the trackpad, you're free to do so. There are so many things I'm hoping this device to be, I just truly hope it doesn't disappoint.

I can't tell very well from the pictures but it looks nice. Not nicer than the 97xx, 96xx (beautiful phone) or the 99xx though. The Q10 was almost an aesthetically uhmmm.. neutral device for me. Don't get me wrong, I love my Q10, definitely in my top 3 blackberry devices ever BUT it's not that pretty. Being completely blacked out other than the metal separations was lazy. If it came with the shiny bezel that you can buy for $40, the phone would be much more pleasing to look at.

Oh and a sidenote! Not only do I want my convenience keys back, but the shift buttons need to be larger like they were on the 8330 curve, please and thanks lol.

Posted via Q10RR
    Yea I don't think gestures are going either, they're more convenient in some situations, but generally some become redundant with a toolbelt (swiping up to exit an app vs holding the "back" key or pressing the end call key). Peeking is almost irreplaceable though.

Same my expectations are really high at this point, I think I'm setting up for some disappointment. It looks gorgeous from the photos (shiny metal a la 9900), so yea that is another big plus over the Q10.

I never used or seen the 8330, but looking at my Q10 the shift key size could be increased for sure.

Posted via CB10
    09-05-14 02:53 PM
    Yea I don't think gestures are going either, they're more convenient in some situations, but generally some become redundant with a toolbelt (swiping up to exit an app vs holding the "back" key or pressing the end call key). Peeking is almost irreplaceable though.

Same my expectations are really high at this point, I think I'm setting up for some disappointment. It looks gorgeous from the photos (shiny metal a la 9900), so yea that is another big plus over the Q10.

I never used or seen the 8330, but looking at my Q10 the shift key size could be increased for sure.

Posted via CB10
    I was just looking over the blog posts to find the John Chen hands on article. We could see the classic from ALMOST every angle. So it looks like the "phone" icon is being replaced by what looks like a BBM icon, which I assume can be changed to whatever app you choose. I also believe from what I can see in the pictures that the screen is definitely bigger than the Q10. There are dual speakers on the bottom, the charging port is also on the bottom but I don't see a convenience key. MAYBE it's on the left side of the device but it's definitely not on the right. The shift keys are the same size as the Q10.

That's what I could make out from the pictures but then again I could be wrong about everything! Lol

Posted via Q10RR
    09-05-14 06:50 PM
    NO. There are several times in the past where you could load an OS from a different device on to your own if a leak for your device didn't exist. For example, an OS leak for a Q5 works for a Q10.

Posted via Q10RR
    No, a Q5 os works on a Q10 and vise versa, is because it is the same os. If you ever look at the download link it always says Q10/Q5 for that os. So it's not like you are loading a Q5 os on your Q10 because they are the same os. Big difference from say, loading a Z3 os on a Z30.

Posted via CB10
    09-05-14 06:56 PM
    No, a Q5 os works on a Q10 and vise versa, is because it is the same os. If you ever look at the download link it always says Q10/Q5 for that os. So it's not like you are loading a Q5 os on your Q10 because they are the same os. Big difference from say, loading a Z3 os on a Z30.

Posted via CB10
    Yes but what I was trying to tell whoever I was talking to before was that a Q10 leak or any other device leak for that matter won't ever work for the classic

Posted via Q10RR
    09-05-14 07:01 PM
    Sticking with the Q10 unless I win the Passport Crackberry is giving away.

Q10: SQN 100-5 v. 10.2.1.2102
    09-05-14 07:32 PM
    Yep there it is

Classic
    09-05-14 08:19 PM
111 12345