How many of you, who don't want the passport, are going Classic. How many of you are sticking with the Q10. I'm really curious to see what the majority of Q10 users are looking to do.

Posted via Q10RR
    08-30-14 04:29 PM
    Clasic has exactly the same specifications like Q10. I will not change my Q10 for almost the same phone just because has a trackpad. I might go for Passport which is a totaly different animal

Visit my BBM Channel ~ C000E96F6
    MontoyaOscar84 likes this.
    08-30-14 04:32 PM
    How many of you, who don't want the passport, are going Classic. How many of you are sticking with the Q10. I'm really curious to see what the majority of Q10 users are looking to do.

Posted via Q10RR
    Good question, glad you started this thread. Me as a Q10 owner am not sure the route to go either. I'm on Verizon & not sure we are getting the Passport based on the rumbling on the forums, so I don't know what the move is. Go with the Classic or install 10.3.1 & ride it out, maybe grab a Z30 to switch back & forth with & ride my contract out or see what's next.

Posted via CB10
    H4zN likes this.
    08-30-14 06:21 PM
    I am waiting to see how much bigger the Classic screen size will be and if it stays amoled. If it stays amoled, has non removable battery and the screen is slightly bigger then i will stick with my Q10 until the Classic's price goes down. Have to wait and see on the Passport. Large phones r not my preference.

Typed with my Q10, or Z10, or Q10, or...
    clickitykeys and Q10Bold like this.
    08-30-14 06:22 PM
    The removable battery is almost a deal-breaker for me although I could just carry my Q10 as a backup. It does in fact weigh only a few ounces lol. Yeah, think I just made up my mind. Go for the classic, then use Q10 as a backup. As a legacy device veteran I would love the tool belt back lol.

Posted via Q10RR
    08-30-14 07:19 PM
    If I was on the lookout for a new phone, I would definitely go for the Classic over the Passport, as that fits my typing-centric usage pattern.

As it happens, I am quite happy with my 14-month-old Q10, so I'm not considering any of the new phones yet. The Classic seems awfully nice, though :-).
    08-30-14 07:26 PM
    I'm loving my Q10 and am excited about the release of the Classic. Whether or not I upgrade, most likely.
    08-30-14 07:34 PM
    I'm using Q10 and I wouldn't go for classic unless my Q gets double typing issue. I think Classic is quite big for my hands. I think the trackpad is not necessary for touch screen.

Posted via CB10 on my Cute 10
    08-30-14 07:55 PM
    I'm using Q10 and I wouldn't go for classic unless my Q gets double typing issue. I think Classic is quite big for my hands. I think the trackpad is not necessary for touch screen.

Posted via CB10 on my Cute 10
    You don't think you would use it for text selection? That'd be interesting if not. I'd like to use it as a second option if touch becomes annoying, which it sometimes does.

Posted via Q10RR
    08-30-14 07:58 PM
    I'm going to get the Passport and then the Classic too.

The Classic is much better looking to me.
    clickitykeys and JesseBabe23 like this.
    08-30-14 08:47 PM
    I picked up a Q10 a month ago as my first blackberry device and have been extremely happy with it. I buy all my phones out of contract so I can keep unlimited data with verizon and the device dropped into the pretty affordable range of <$200.

The classic sounds awesome and really has my interest but I know it will be awhile until it is in the affordable range for me. Most phones are 500-600 when released out of contract. I'll be happy to use the classic in 15 months or so, until then I'm going to enjoy the hell out of my Q10. I know some people can't stand having something older but I don't mind. So much about phone comes down to personal preference. I'm just glad to have a physical keyboard again.

Posted via CB10
    08-30-14 09:12 PM
    The specs on the Q20 have to be better than the Q10 for me to switch, I really don't need the track pad or blackberry keys.

Posted via CB10
    08-30-14 09:37 PM
    Will buy PP and keep q10 also. Once they r off the shelfes won't get them as it is too many 2nd hand stuff around for the z10 n q10. Time z30 also joined in.

Posted via CB10
    anon5288998 likes this.
    08-30-14 11:56 PM
    I picked up a Q10 a month ago as my first blackberry device and have been extremely happy with it. I buy all my phones out of contract so I can keep unlimited data with verizon and the device dropped into the pretty affordable range of <$200.

The classic sounds awesome and really has my interest but I know it will be awhile until it is in the affordable range for me. Most phones are 500-600 when released out of contract. I'll be happy to use the classic in 15 months or so, until then I'm going to enjoy the hell out of my Q10. I know some people can't stand having something older but I don't mind. So much about phone comes down to personal preference. I'm just glad to have a physical keyboard again.

Posted via CB10
    Bro couldn't agree with u more nothings old if ur ok with it no issues if such was the case today also ppl wouldn't be sporting a BlackBerry 8520,9300 or for tht matter a 9900.

Posted via CB10
    08-30-14 11:59 PM
    I'm not going for the passport, for the following reasons:
    1. Phone is huge, can't one hand type; and
    2. I think there are some instances where a toolbelt is needed for efficient work, i.e efficient placing of my paste.

It's not a bad phone concept but it's not for me. Been with my Q10 and I don't really see the need for a massive screen for work thanks to reader mode for browser and reflow text for pdf, unless there's something I'm missing?

I will get the Q20 only if:
    1. Buff in processor from the Q10; and
    2. Increment in battery size (please please).

And any other increment is welcomed. Anything short of that I won't be upgrading from my Q10, would just hang on to my Q10 with the spare battery pack.

Posted via CB10
    08-31-14 03:22 AM
    If the Classic wont have a removable battery, then I will stick with my Q10 for some time and wait till the price is down.

Posted via Q10Bold
    08-31-14 03:35 AM
    I love to have classic....will handover Q10 to my GF
    But I seriously doesn't understand why people say about removable battery.. Is that a big deal??

Posted via CB10
    08-31-14 04:24 AM
    I'm going to keep my Q10. Yes, I would like the 3.5" screen of the Classic, but the tool belt is just unnecessary bulk and added space at this point, in my opinion. I don't feel any need whatsoever to go back to the trackpad and buttons. And the Q10 is still plenty powerful for me, so whatever modest spec bump the Classic may provide, is not necessary for my uses.
    Last edited by bp2k7; 08-31-14 at 05:27 AM.
    garrett lajoie likes this.
    08-31-14 05:14 AM
    Whell i think toolbelt could be useful, on web browsing you will get full screen all of time coz you have back key on toolbelt and i think BlackBerry icon is as menu key, so you will have 3,5" all the time and it could be easier and much pleasant to use phone

Posted via CB10
    Q10Bold likes this.
    08-31-14 05:39 AM
    My problem now is not the trackpad....call start and end button....
    With cool tips to select and edit text in 10.3, text pointing is not even a single point irritating

Posted via CB10
    08-31-14 06:58 AM
    Sticking with the Q10 though I will check out the Passport after its been out for a bit.

Q10, N5, N10.
    08-31-14 07:34 AM
    On a Q10, will go with classic if the OS is well executed for use of the toolbelt and not just toolbelt slapped on and not well done. If not, then probably leaving bb for the new iPhone soon to be released. Tired of constantly missing and comparing how well bbos 7 was outside of 4g and poor web surfing. My gf loves her bold but it's tired interface.. I keep seeing how awesome it was and how irritating the q10 is... She refuses to use mine as it's so irratating, She laughed at me yesterday trying to hit the search button on eBay mobile... After easily 20 tries I had to scroll all the way down, hit full site just to be able to search on eBay... With trackpad that would never happen. She can't believe how many steps it takes to call someone when they txt... Vs. just hit call button. That said, I do want to try a passport. I don't get why anyone would get a q10 over the passport. Really should be a 3 company of z10, passport and classic.
    JesseBabe23 likes this.
    08-31-14 07:54 AM
    I love to have classic....will handover Q10 to my GF
    But I seriously doesn't understand why people say about removable battery.. Is that a big deal??

Posted via CB10
    What do you do when you're in the middle of nowhere and your phone dies? You can't throw in a spare battery. It's happened to me before. Never want to experience that again.

Posted via Q10RR
    bbnrs likes this.
    08-31-14 07:57 AM

Posted via Q10RR
    I like the size of the Q10, I like to carry my phone naked in my pocket and I have always favoured small phones. So when I grew tired of "wall hugging" with my Z10, I went to the Q10, size was more of a factor than even the keyboard. The Classic is going to be very large to fit the toolbelt and the square screen. It will be the same width as a Z30 and nearly as tall so I am not sure the toolbelt is worth that extra heft.

Although - larger phone means larger battery and I love having long battery life.

My knee-jerk reaction is no way, too happy with Q10. Buy I know how my stupid brain works. I will find reasons why I need to have one even though I already have a perfect phone.
    08-31-14 09:08 AM
    I'll be going for the classic to replace my Q10. Won't be running out on day one, but a few months later. Touch pad will be great for Web browsing and text selection. Q10 is nice, but a trackpad will be a nice step forward. Would prefer a removable battery on the classic though.
    08-31-14 09:40 AM
111 123 ...