anyone know how to do this, on BBOS 5, 6, and 7 you could change the currency symbol to your countries currency symbol, looking around, i cant see how to do this.

can anyone help? i kniw the � symbol is available using the 'sym' key and scrolling through, but its time consuming.

thanks.

EDIT: title should be change, not chance.
    05-22-13 02:43 PM
    Add it to your autocorrect, if there is then a time you need the $ just backspace after the autocorrect to get it to switch back to $
    05-22-13 02:53 PM
    Probably under settings/language and Input on the swipe down from the homescreen. Change it from English to English (UK), and change your region.
    05-22-13 03:01 PM
    Weird, thought you used to be able to do that by switching your input language and region, but I guess not cuz that doesn't work for me. There's gotta be a way.

Posted via CB10
    05-22-13 03:06 PM
    anyone know how to do this, on BBOS 5, 6, and 7 you could change the currency symbol to your countries currency symbol, looking around, i cant see how to do this.

can anyone help? i kniw the � symbol is available using the 'sym' key and scrolling through, but its time consuming.

thanks.

EDIT: title should be change, not chance.
    Hold down the $ key and other options come up including the sign. Either that or select in from the options brought up by the sym key.
    05-22-13 04:56 PM
    05-22-13 05:28 PM
    Try this:
    Go into settings -> Language and input and changing the region to UK.
    Then
    Settings->Language and input->Input Languages and set it to English (UK)

If it doesn't work, then I guess you'll have to do the autocorrect/word substitution that others have suggested
    05-22-13 05:46 PM
    The feature is missing - no way to change it at the moment.

The auto correct works well in theory, but it will only auto correct after the space bar is pressed, so you have to press the dollar sign, press the space bar to correct it, then delete back one space and put the figure in. Alternatively you can hold the dollar sign down and select the correct currency. Either way, if you deal with a lot of figures or quotes it is a real pain.

I'm sure they'll fix it, but there are a lot of holes once you dig into the system. No wonder they're releasing in the US last, we're all being used as beta testers.
    05-22-13 06:31 PM
    Yes - so many things that need fixing!
    05-25-13 11:18 AM
    Yup tis indeed frustrating, but sym c works fine for me, now it's in my brain, it's as quick as popping an exclamation mark in or something.

I like the hint of holding the key down though, thanks for that

Posted from my Q10
    05-25-13 12:18 PM
    Pleasure - I like to occasionally offer advice to BlackBerry newbies
    05-25-13 12:26 PM
    Pleasure - I like to occasionally offer advice to BlackBerry newbies
    Haha thanks, I appreciate it

Posted from my Q10
    05-25-13 12:31 PM
    Yup tis indeed frustrating, but sym c works fine for me, now it's in my brain, it's as quick as popping an exclamation mark in or something.

I like the hint of holding the key down though, thanks for that

Posted from my Q10
    It is also annoying that on my 9900 sym v was the pound sign. I also like the idea of holding the $ key as I didn't know that.
    05-25-13 03:26 PM
    It is also annoying that on my 9900 sym v was the pound sign. I also like the idea of holding the $ key as I didn't know that.
    Was it? I couldn't remember which it was, that's a little silly changing them about eh.

Yeah holding it is handy

Posted from my Q10
    05-25-13 03:50 PM