Dear all,
    I've been a blackberry user for 5 years now. I was very much happy when the Q10 was released at last.
    I bought mine as soon as it was available in France, where I live.
    Since then I'm very happy with BB10, and everything about the device.
    But after a few month I started to experiment issues that I would not expect on a such high end (and expensive) device.
    So, my Q10 was restarting randomly, at least one time a day. After a few days, this occured several times a days, sometimes 10 reboots in a few hours, which of course was very painfull (my Q10 is my main work tool).
    I suspected a software problem, updated the OS, issue was still there. I loaded a leaked OS, the issue was still there.
    After some research, I found out on CB that some Q10 were restarting when they received bumps or small chocs on the rear bottom of the phone. I tapped my finger on the area, and it restarted... the issue occurs with a single finger tap, or just by posing the phone on a table... quite annoying...
    Well, I thought, it's no big deal, I'll just send it to repair and I'll be fine.
    I have a all-you-want/no-contract-plan, which is great on price, but means little support. I had to send my Q10 on repair for at least ten days. As I was promising my girlfriend for quite some time to upgrade her 9900, I bought another Q10 so I would not be missing a phone, and planned to give her the repaired Q10 when it would be back.
    The funny thing is that my brand new Q10 has the exact same problem, that appeared after 3 weeks of use...
    But the old one came back from repair ! With the restart issue still there...
    I'm quite desperate, not because a hardware issue occured on my dear blackberry device (my coworkers had also hardware problems on their Nokia, or Iphones), but because it happened two times in a row, and carrier support could not repair an issue that seems to be documented and happening to a significant number of users.

I'm very happy with BB10, they deserve success, but I'm not sure I would really care as long as they carry devices for eternity.
    But, it's sure they won't have any success if expensive high end devices (it costs at least 500 euros/700 USD to buy a Q10 in France) have such poor build quality...

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by buzio; 01-13-14 at 06:03 AM. Reason: typos
    01-13-14 02:39 AM
    Hi OP
    I'm sorry you're having this problem. Personally I have not encountered any issues with my Q10 AT ALL. I used caps for emphasis because I really do mean quite emphatically that I have not had any issues.
    Again, I'm sorry you've experienced this. However, my impression is that the number of issues with the Q10 is small.
    I hope things improve with your device. Is it too late for an exchange?
    01-13-14 10:09 AM
    Sorry to hear that bud. This is where BB needs to step up and open BlackBerry Studio(just a name from my end) where people can walk up and get their devices fixed.. like a Apple store?
    anon(8263181) likes this.
    01-13-14 10:22 AM
    I'm experiencing this issue as well every day and it is really annoying. Besides that the Q10 is one of the phones with the best build quality I've ever had.

For me the random reboots occur 2-3 times a day, which seems to be a lot better than in your case but still not how it should be.

I can live with that problem right now since I don't want to send in my Q10 to the UK (where I bought it off contract) for repairs. I hope it doesn't get worse.

In your situation I would insist on a working device. Even if you have to go with an older device for a while I'd make sure the problem is taken care of satisfyingly. This is not a usable state if you sometimes have 10 reboots an hour.

Posted via CB10
    01-13-14 10:29 AM
    Sorry to hear that bud. This is where BB needs to step up and open BlackBerry Studio(just a name from my end) where people can walk up and get their devices fixed.. like a Apple store?
    THAT would be AWESOME.

Unfortunately....costly...

Posted from my awesome Q10 via CB10.
    01-13-14 10:30 AM
    I did have the same problem, Q10 SQN100- 3. Any bump on the back would cause a re-boot, the worst was probably on OS 10.2.0.xxxx. It's been much better since I've installed the latest leak 10.2.1.1925.

Posted via CB10
    01-13-14 10:34 AM
    Try wiping your device!It could be a bug within your phone!Did that with my Bold 9900 and it all went away after so many struggles!

Incurable Q10 Syndrome
    01-13-14 10:52 AM
    if it keeps rebooting why don't you try what most seems to be common thing that most BlackBerry users do. Put a business card on top of the battery in the battery to make it tight. It works wonder for most people here in CB

Posted via the Amazing Q10 10.2.0.415
    01-13-14 08:13 PM
    if it keeps rebooting why don't you try what most seems to be common thing that most BlackBerry users do. Put a business card on top of the battery in the battery to make it tight. It works wonder for most people here in CB

Posted via the Amazing Q10 10.2.0.415
    I'll try that out, thanks. No interference with the NFC chip?

Posted via CB10
    01-14-14 06:15 AM
    Put a piece of paper, like a business card behind the battery door against the battery. It will stop the battery from coming loose, which causes the phone to reboot. If that doesn't work, try folding the paper over. Also cut holes in the paper if it's big enough that it covers the NFC contacts. This is what others have recommended in similar threads with much success.

I personally have never had this issue but I put a business card behind my battery door because it came loose, like how it would on the old Bold 9700's and 9780's.

Posted via the super amazing BlackBerry Q10
    Last edited by CarGuy1368; 01-14-14 at 05:59 PM.
    01-14-14 05:48 PM
    Put a piece of paper, like a business card behind the battery door against the battery. It will stop the battery from coming loose, which causes the phone to reboot. If that doesn't work, try folding the paper over. Also cut holes in the paper if it's big enough that it covers the NFC contacts. This is what others have recommended in similar threads with much success.

I personally have never had this issue but I put a business card behind my battery door because it came loose, like how it would on the old Bold 9700's and 9780's.

This never worked for me. As I've posted several times, I can drop the device and it's won't reboot, but if I gently lay it on it's back, reboot, reboot.

Posted from the Q
    01-14-14 08:18 PM
    This never worked for me. As I've posted several times, I can drop the device and it's won't reboot, but if I gently lay it on it's back, reboot, reboot.

Posted from the Q
    Bah! I'm stumped then. I still think it's worth a try for others though.

01-14-14 08:38 PM
    I was corrected in another thread that the piece of paper goes underneath the battery. Between the battery and the phone not the back cover. I don't have this issue but it seems to pop up here and there. Sorry to hear about the double crummy luck.

Posted via CB10
    CarGuy1368 likes this.
    01-14-14 08:43 PM

This is the fix to that problem. I had the same issue with my z10. Had it replaced and luckily the new one was fine! But the little paper in the back is the best fix too if they won't replace your phone.

Posted via CB10
    01-14-14 08:44 PM
    I was corrected in another thread that the piece of paper goes underneath the battery. Between the battery and the phone not the back cover. I don't have this issue but it seems to pop up here and there. Sorry to hear about the double crummy luck.

Posted via CB10
    Thank-you for correcting me

But if you have no luck with one way, you could always try the other!

01-14-14 08:56 PM
    I've luckily not had this issue. I'll remember the paper under the battery trick if I do. I swap batteries almost daily with my Q10 as I'm a heavy user.

(kinda sad that something like that made it way past quality checks though really. )
    01-14-14 09:59 PM
    I had a camera years ago that was doing that too. I put a piece of stick on velcro on the battery door (just the fuzzy side). Worked great. Just enough pressure to keep it from moving.

Sent from the phone of the gods.....Z30
    01-14-14 10:16 PM
    Had my BlackBerry Q10 3 months and no problems but still miss the track pad

Posted via CB10
    01-15-14 09:11 AM