I actually have some confidence that Blackberry is watching. After reading 10.2 contains a fix for the "single alarm" issue I'm hopeful they've seen the rest of our issues - and will try and do something about them.
    Hope you are right. But if they were listening to end-user feedback here, won't they fix 'text editing' tools first? Shouldn't fixes to 'bubble', 'text selection markers' and inconsistent copy/paste be on TOP of their priority list of items to fix?

Posted via CB 10 app on my Q10!
    06-07-13 09:53 AM
    Hope you are right. But if they were listening to end-user feedback here, won't they fix 'text editing' tools first? Shouldn't fixes to 'bubble', 'text selection markers' and inconsistent copy/paste be on TOP of their priority list of items to fix?

Posted via CB 10 app on my Q10!
    I didn't say they were smart. I just said they were listening.
    06-07-13 09:39 PM
    why can't i delete the #MIN / #DATA / #BAL from my contracts list?? I find that highly annoying.

still in the infancy stages of learning the phone, i will update with more. i do find myself continuously pressing the spot where the trackpad used to be...
    06-07-13 09:49 PM
    why can't i delete the #MIN / #DATA / #BAL from my contracts list?? I find that highly annoying.

still in the infancy stages of learning the phone, i will update with more. i do find myself continuously pressing the spot where the trackpad used to be...
    They are probably on your SIM card?
    06-08-13 02:11 AM
    After looking at some more screens of the Q10 with different font sizes, I'm getting a headache. I don't know what these developers were thinking, but it's just unprofessional.

This is with font size 5 on the Q10.

Attachment 158162

I'm not sure if the following is taken from a messaging app or the CB10 app. Either way, there is some optimization - the margins do reduce a little bit between font size 8 and font size 5, but it's definitely not enough in my opinion.

Attachment 158171
    So I don't know if anyone saw the iOS 7 design video. I won't give any comments on iOS 7 other than that I don't like it whatsoever. I'm a business-minded person that wants simplicity, not wild colors and translucency that distracts from the task at hand.

That being said, I did see something in their video that MADE SENSE, with DIRECT connection to this very post and this very problem I see in the typography design in the Q10.

See attached - start video at 1:42 to see this exact Q10 post replicated in their iOS 7 video:

Please, BlackBerry, hear this out.
    06-11-13 09:44 PM
    Don't know of this has been mentioned already but the volume indicator is awful. You can be in the music app but if you are not on the now playing screen and adjust volume a massive box takes up nearly all the screen has play pause and skip buttons and a small artwork thumbnail. This is far too big it stays on far too long and pressing in the margins around the box on the screen do not make it go away in acknowledgement. In return for adjusting the volume you literally can not use the phone for about 3 seconds. Annoying.

Posted via CB10
    dannykavs likes this.
    06-11-13 09:52 PM
    Excellent thread. Hope RIM is paying attention.

Posted via CB10
    06-11-13 10:16 PM
    So I don't know if anyone saw the iOS 7 design video. I won't give any comments on iOS 7 other than that I don't like it whatsoever. I'm a business-minded person that wants simplicity, not wild colors and translucency that distracts from the task at hand.
    Hey - you may want to post your feedback/requests (with screenshots etc.) in this thread as well: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...50/index9.html
    06-12-13 07:55 PM
    Don't know of this has been mentioned already but the volume indicator is awful. You can be in the music app but if you are not on the now playing screen and adjust volume a massive box takes up nearly all the screen has play pause and skip buttons and a small artwork thumbnail. This is far too big it stays on far too long and pressing in the margins around the box on the screen do not make it go away in acknowledgement. In return for adjusting the volume you literally can not use the phone for about 3 seconds. Annoying.

Posted via CB10
    Agreeed! Pisses me off too. Tapping outside the box should make it disappear. Here's to hoping BlackBerry fixes that

Posted via CB10
    06-13-13 05:53 PM
    Try setting up the gmail calendar as a CalDAV account separate from the email account. That should work flawlessly.
    CalDav doesn't work.
    06-13-13 06:27 PM
    Posted in the 10.2 thread. Of course there's like a million things being posted in there.. hopefully it will be seen!

Posted via CB10
    06-13-13 09:07 PM
    Posted in the 10.2 thread. Of course there's like a million things being posted in there.. hopefully it will be seen!
    Yeah, I tweeted BBRY folks and many of them replied saying they have seen that thread. So, hopefully, some of it will make it into 10.2.

Like you, I am also ultra-annoyed by design-blunders in Q10. I really hope they optimize use of screen-space.
    06-13-13 09:52 PM
    That's good to know.

I just got my Q10 yesterday and so far, I have to say, the worst thing about this phone is the screen brightness. My 9930 is probably 5x brighter than the Q10. I have my brightness on at 100% I'm begging to tears to set it at 500%. It's so bad I hardly want to even use the phone. I mean, the phone is great, all around, the OS is fun to use and it works for me. But man, this brightness is awful. To even somewhat enjoy the phone, I have to have a bright light behind me and darkness in front of me (so that the light sensor is tricked into thinking I'm in a bright environment, so it will brighten up to compensate).
    Last edited by paxtonbt; 06-14-13 at 11:27 PM.
    06-14-13 04:52 PM
    Eliminate phone active frame

ability to pin active frames

Reset hub to hub view after closing hub

Shorten phrases for action shortcuts, instead of call "..." let it be c "..."

Automatically highlight next message in list view of emails so that one can delete a several messages in a row without tapping on each message

Improve browser zoom rerendering, or whatever you call it, for non mobile sites

Allow icons to be placed anywhere on the screen like android, not automatically organized to top left orientation like iOS, or at least let me change it to bottom right

I like the browser text box at the bottom, apply this to as many apps as possible

I will add more as I run into them

Posted via CB10
    06-14-13 05:14 PM
    I agree with the OP! These are all very valid points and they have been irritating me as well. I'm glad the OP took the time and effort to list them out and to subsequently post the screen-shots. Additionally there are serious issues with email server connections via wifi, as well as selection within Hub Management, amongst other issues. Hope BBRY is listening.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by runlcc; 06-14-13 at 10:34 PM.
    06-14-13 10:16 PM
90 ... 234