I have been using Q10 for few days now and I generally like it very much. But here is a list of bugs/annoyances that I've found so far (I am sure I'll find more in days to come, so I'll come and post updates here). All of them are relatively very small and minor. Very minor but can be very annoying!

Hopefully, BlackBerry can fix these in next minor-OS update. Maybe in couple of weeks?

1. Lock icon
    is missing! There is no lock icon. I can configure Q10 to auto-lock in as little as 1 minute. But there is no way to just click a button or icon and "password" lock the device. When I click the top button, it just turns-off the screen. If you swipe up in less than a minute, your phone is still UNLOCKED!

2. Text selector bubble
    - The implementtion of text-bubble is somewhat buggy. First, lack of trackpad makes it difficult to precisely position the cursor. So, when you try to get the bubble (say, you double tap, or you press-hold) the bubble sometimes appears and sometimes it doesn't.
    - Sometimes you want the bubble to appear, but instead it shows two text-selector points that you can use to select text. When in reality, you just want the bubble to appear so you can precicely move the bubble to character you want.

3. Text bubble selector doesn't appear in some applications
    - another issue is text-selector bubble doesn't even appear in some applications. It should be universal.
    (maybe BlackBerry should see how iPhone's bubble works and see if they can make that implemention? It's quite easy to position cursor in iPhone as their bubble behaves very consistently and across all applications.)
    Or just give me "trackpad" back

4. You can reduce font size, but not overall design/UI elements
    - You can reduce the font size but you can't reduce overall design element. It seems like some design elements are TOO BIG for Q10 screen.
    For eg:
    when you are in BBM Chat, the chat-bubble (design) takes so much space that there is not much actual 'content' (text) you can see. Even on a smaller screen, lower resolution (Bold 9900), you can see a lot more lines of content/chat-text in one screen.
    Reducing font size just makes font smaller but doesn't affect the overall design. The blue-bar on top, the menu on bottom, the spacing between elements is still TOO big.
    Overall, UI is not optimized. Some elements just look too big for a small screen.

Focus should be on 'content', elements should be as small as possible. The overall design looks disproportatenly big for a smaller Q10 screen.
    Ideally, I'd like overall design (icons, buttons, spacing, blue bar, bottom menu bar etc) to be 85% of it's current size. But keeping the font size 8. This way, font is still readable and you have LOT more visible screen for your content. Not some fancy blue bar!

5. BBM Chats - design
    This is basically repeat of point 4. The BBM screen wastes a LOT of space on non-useful item. The focus should be on chats/texts/messages. But instead, the display picture, blue bar, the chat-bubbles/boundaries, spacing between messages is just too much and significantly reduces amount of chat you can see. This needs to be adjusted.
    Right now, coming from 9900, it makes very frustrating experience.
    It seems like a kid pasted some BIG buttons on a small screen!

6. Contacts app - design
    On a Bold 9900, I can see so many contacts (so many lines of contacts) in one screen. But on Q10, the design elements are so big that eventhough Q10 has a BIGGER screen that Bold 9900, I still see FEWER lines, LESS number of contacts! Spacing between contacts is HUGE! and what for?
    Focus should have been on "contacts" (or "content") not fancy design/spacing!
    Once again, I am not suggesting that you reduce font size, but reduce wasteful design elements, spacing etc.

7. Context menu icons - lack of text and incosisntent behavior
    When you press and hold, a list of contextual menus usually apear on right-hand-side. They don't hve any text. Just a bunch of icons. Only way to see what each icon does is to slide your finger over to icons and then it shows what they do.
    But if you take your finger off the screen, the context menu disappears.
    So, you try and make the context menu appear again, but instead of context menu, you get the text-selector points!
    This makes for a frustrating experience. You should figure out a way more consistent way to make these context menu-icons appear. Not only that, but try and put some underlying text so we know what each icon does.

8. Hub/Text Messages/Email app - design!
    Similar to point 7, when you go to HUB, the top blue-bar that says "Text Messages" takes so much space!

Bottom-line - Design elements are NOT optimized for Q10 screen! Too big for Q10 screen. They look out-of-place, kinda tacky. Prefer minimalist design elements that focus on showing as much content as possible, instead of fancy borders or bezels or spacing.

9. Can not make phone-calls when device is locked.
    In old BlackBerry devices, you had option to still "allow" phone calls even if the device is password locked. That is a life-saver. There is no such option in Q10. You can dial emergency (of course) but you can't dial anything else. There is no option allow placing of phone calls even in locked-mode.

Some apps (such as Amazon Kindle) don't show up in BlackBerry World on Q10.
    - but this is probably out of BlackBerry's control. So, I won't call it a bug.

So far this is my list. As I find more bugs, I'd add post them to this thread.
    05-04-13 01:30 PM
    10. Google apps gmail account does not sync with calendar.
    - business gmail account doesn't sync with my calendar

Sorry for hijacking your thread but I haven't had any response to this issue and would love some feedback to see if i'm the only one.
    Steelsheen likes this.
    05-04-13 02:36 PM
    Agreed on the UI elements/icons!! Would love to have options to reduce UI to 85%!
    vx1 and kolok like this.
    05-04-13 03:30 PM
    Make sure the blackberry dev team sees this.

Posted via CB10
    paxtonbt and thedose like this.
    05-04-13 03:36 PM

Sorry for hijacking your thread but I haven't had any response to this issue and would love some feedback to see if i'm the only one.
    Try setting up the gmail calendar as a CalDAV account separate from the email account. That should work flawlessly.
    Dave Bourque likes this.
    05-04-13 03:41 PM
    I don't have the Q10 yet but there was a couple of other threads in this forum discussing the small fonts and how the UI doesn't optimize automatically for them. It's incredibly unfortunate.

The margins and spacing could easily be changed based on text height. Margins could be fixed rather than the box size. For example, if the text height changes from 40 pixels (on font size 8) to 20 pixels (on font size 5), keep the margins constant, say 5 pixels. The result would be an optimizing UI, not enormous boxes with tons of negative space.
    05-04-13 04:00 PM
    So I took some screens with on my 9930, here are some examples of how the text margins were kept mostly constant (and made EFFICIENT use of screen real estate). The first screen is with font size 5, the second with font size 7. In both cases, the margins are the same. In these pictures I've highlighted the edge-to-edge distance, but that's not exactly how the margins are interpreted (at least, I don't think they are, I used to code in HTML/CSS).

Q10 - bugs/annoyances - wishlist from first update-fixmoscreenshot1367657592091_text.jpgQ10 - bugs/annoyances - wishlist from first update-fixmoscreenshot1367701123511_text.jpg

These margins remain constant (when you reduce the font size) in the contacts app and everywhere else in the UI. The horizontal date bars have a fixed height, though. It's just unprofessional and messy that the Q10 has constant block heights for everything when the font size is changed.
    05-04-13 04:22 PM
    If you hold the top bottom it will give you the option to lock, restart or cancel and hold the button for 3 seconds it will shutdown.
    jimmyjyc likes this.
    05-04-13 04:33 PM
    After looking at some more screens of the Q10 with different font sizes, I'm getting a headache. I don't know what these developers were thinking, but it's just unprofessional.

This is with font size 5 on the Q10.

Q10 - bugs/annoyances - wishlist from first update-q10_hub_text.jpg

I'm not sure if the following is taken from a messaging app or the CB10 app. Either way, there is some optimization - the margins do reduce a little bit between font size 8 and font size 5, but it's definitely not enough in my opinion.

Q10 - bugs/annoyances - wishlist from first update-q10_cb10.jpg
    05-04-13 04:43 PM

No worries. Feel free to post any bugs/annoyances and hope BBRY staff sees it. Maybe Kevin/CB team will point relevant BlackBerry folks to this thread?

I mean, these are just such minor issues that BBRY can easily fix with software update!
    So, let's hope they see it and fix it.

Make sure the blackberry dev team sees this.

Posted via CB10
    I hope the BB Dev does see this and fixes these issues.
    - Disproportionately big design (UI elements)
    - and text selection are really two biggest gripes for me.

The text-bubble is kinda inconsistent. Selecting text, copy/pasting it is just not as easy as it should be. Even iPhone is better at text copy/paste now days! And that's just shameful. I mean, iPhone is not exactly known for productivity, BlackBerry is. And yet BlackBerry's implemention of copy/paste/text-selection and positioning-bubble are lacking.

I don't have the Q10 yet but there was a couple of other threads in this forum discussing the small fonts and how the UI doesn't optimize automatically for them. It's incredibly unfortunate.

The margins and spacing could easily be changed based on text height. Margins could be fixed rather than the box size. For example, if the text height changes from 40 pixels (on font size 8) to 20 pixels (on font size 5), keep the margins constant, say 5 pixels. The result would be an optimizing UI, not enormous boxes with tons of negative space.
    Very good point. I also liked that you illustrated this with screenshots (in your next post). Thanks! Hopefully, relevant BBRY folks will see this and make fixes.
    05-04-13 10:15 PM
    This thread should be stickied. There's a better chance of someone from BBRY, Kevin or someone from CrackBerry to read this thread if it was.
    05-04-13 11:37 PM
    Please sticky this thread. These fixes should be simple. They'll make an unprofessional UI design look... well, professional.

I don't understand how someone can look at all of that negative space, all of the different margins, and think it looks good. What a waste of screen real estate! 16 pixel gap between name and e-mail but a 24-28 pixel gap between name and BBM message? Why? This is just messy, discombobulated (yes, I used that word), and unprofessional.
    05-05-13 12:40 AM
    Also, to the person who said this new UI is more touch-friendly, I shouldn't have to remind you that the Bold 9930 used a touch screen. It was very touch friendly, and we could still fit 8 contacts/contact spaces on the screen. Why does an e-mail message need an enormous icon the size of a contact picture? I should have the option to just see the e-mail titles and their first sentence.
    05-05-13 12:43 AM
    From what I can tell on the Z10 screen real estate is a non-issue and I think what happened is they did not adjust the Q10 to use that place efficiently. But lucky for us software can be updated on the fly unlike hardware.

Posted via CB10
    05-05-13 01:00 AM
    Kind of connected to the font size issue - why don't they bring back the option to display messages on one line? You would fit twice as many on a page - take away the ludicrous top and bottom banners and suddenly you get 12-15 messages per page rather than the 4.5 I currently get. Anyone know why they took this away on 9900 and didn't bring it back?

Posted via CB10
    05-05-13 01:51 AM
    No idea, and I also don't have a Z10 to compare. When you go into Verizon Wireless and try to tamper with the display model's settings, you need an administrator password.
    05-05-13 07:35 AM
    For number 1, if you press any key on the keyboard your Q10 is also unlocked.

I tweeted Michael Clewley the thread link, btw.

Posted via CB10 from my Q10.
    05-05-13 08:03 AM
    That's the CB10 app, looks like the app designers made some optimisations but it's not enough.
    My boss said it makes the Q10 look unprofessional.

Posted via CB10 from my Q10.
    05-05-13 08:08 AM
    bump for sticky. I want this corrected by the time the US gets the q10 which should be late may early june.
    05-05-13 08:10 AM
    Honestly to the OP and others who agree with him. No disrespect but I think you need to take more time to learn the device.

Bb10 is NOT os7 so things will be different. For example 1. You asked for a lock button???

Why???? Just hold the Standby for a few seconds and you get the options to lock, restart, or shutoff.

I can go on and on about the list but that would just be a waste of my time. I can agree with some annoyances but for the most part learn the new OS.

Posted Via CB10 Z10
    05-05-13 08:19 AM
    Some annoyances I've noticed: Turned off my phone last night, when you turn it back on, it does a restart, while on the 9900, the screen would just come back on immediately after pressing the end call button. Secondly, it does not sync with the playbook, when I get emails on my BB, I have to go to my playbook, and uncheck the email there as well, or the led will flash all day/night. Other minor things include: notification sounds, they were better in os 5,6,7. Also there is no option as to how long we can store emails on the device, from what I've seen.

Other than that, loving the Q10, and wouldn't trade it for any other device out there.
    05-05-13 08:26 AM
    I found sideloading the android version of the kindle app via chrome worked fine for me but as for bugs/niggling issues...my laundry list is vast :

I REALLY miss the trackball, I don't have big fingers but the bubble/cursor thing is beyond annoying!!! Not just for cursor placement but for highlighting text, I have since ordered a stylus to keep me from doing something very very rash (like flinging my bb q10 out the window)

The amout of space wastage (see preceding posts from pretty much everyone else

Bookmark tags won't edit/save! I have searched everwhere for why I can't edit my bookmark tags, I mean the edit screen works, I type my tags and hit save and ...nothing!

The ghost in the hub must be ghostbusted! My hub radomly seems to turn off my email notifications and keeps restoring old twitter notifications after I've deleted them

I've lost almost all of my apps! I want them back! So many of my apps that while flaky as hell on my torch just don't exsist for my q10 (tunein pro, micoach, myfitnesspal, britshairways, ebay, vouchercloud, amazon mp3, paypal, subcard, google athenticator, o2 priority moments, moon cal, auto reboot, icq, mobile irc, native podcast, and the list goes on...) while I understand that these are reliant on 3rd parties I was beyond floored when I found out everything had gone into the apps for the z10 while the q10 was treated like the red-headed step child

How was this allowed to happen?!?

Posted via CB10
    05-05-13 09:01 AM
    Try setting up the gmail calendar as a CalDAV account separate from the email account. That should work flawlessly.
    I tried it and it doesn't work. there's a 403 error and then said that it will be updated soon so wait. bah!
    05-05-13 09:43 AM
    Honestly to the OP and others who agree with him. No disrespect but I think you need to take more time to learn the device.
    Bb10 is NOT os7 so things will be different. For example 1. You asked for a lock button???

Why???? Just hold the Standby for a few seconds and you get the options to lock, restart, or shutoff.

I can go on and on about the list but that would just be a waste of my time. I can agree with some annoyances but for the most part learn the new OS.

Posted Via CB10 Z10
    Feel free to go on and on. If you can provide helpful advise, it'd be very welcome.
    So far you've only addressed # 1 (lock icon missing), I'd love to see alternatives for other points too.

As for # 1 - yes, pressing and holding power button is a workaround but it's not a full replacement for lock-icon. Why? Because it's quite cumbersome to press the button, hold it, and then go to lock icon. Why not just give us a lock-icon that we had before (in OS 7). That'd reduce the number of steps and make the experience overall much faster. And that should go with BlackBerry's Keep Moving philosophy. We need to keep moving; not waste our time fiddling with menus when things can be done in a much simpler and faster way.

Speaking of number of steps, I also find it a bit awkard that simple things like turning radios-on-and-off now require extra steps
    1. swipe down from top; then,
    2. click on settings; then
    3. click on networks; then also, there are no checkboxes next to radios
    4. click on each radio and go insiside to turn it on/off
    Previously in Os7:
    1. swipe from top to reveal the radio menu
    2. check/uncheck any radio box to toggle it on-and-off

(radio = mobile network, bluetooth, nfc, wifi, hotspot)
    05-05-13 10:18 AM
    Feel free to go on and on. If you can provide helpful advise, it'd be very welcome.
    So far you've only addressed # 1 (lock icon missing), I'd love to see alternatives for other points too.

As for # 1 - yes, pressing and holding power button is a workaround but it's not a full replacement for lock-icon. Why? Because it's quite cumbersome to press the button, hold it, and then go to lock icon. Why not just give us a lock-icon that we had before (in OS 7). That'd reduce the number of steps and make the experience overall much faster. And that should go with BlackBerry's Keep Moving philosophy. We need to keep moving; not waste our time fiddling with menus when things can be done in a much simpler and faster way.

Speaking of number of steps, I also find it a bit awkard that simple things like turning radios-on-and-off now require extra steps
    1. swipe down from top; then,
    2. click on settings; then
    3. click on networks; then also, there are no checkboxes next to radios
    4. click on each radio and go insiside to turn it on/off
    Previously in Os7:
    1. swipe from top to reveal the radio menu
    2. check/uncheck any radio box to toggle it on-and-off

(radio = mobile network, bluetooth, nfc, wifi, hotspot)
    Just press the top button once. No need to hold to lock.
    You can toggle wife and blue tooth by tapping then icon next to them after swiping from top. Only need go go onto settings for mobile network and nfc
    05-05-13 10:28 AM
90 123 ...